General Discussion

Random and unnecessary question

Sorel

Are they ever going to add glow effect? At this point is there even a reason for a glow effect when there's only 1 level of upgrades? If they will add the glow effect back do theg also change back the upgrade system which i do believe is kinda needed but also pointless if you have membership. Also, am I the only one who needs that glow effect to play this game?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sorel said:

Are they ever going to add glow effect? At this point is there even a reason for a glow effect when there's only 1 level of upgrades? If they will add the glow effect back do theg also change back the upgrade system which i do believe is kinda needed but also pointless if you have membership. Also, am I the only one who needs that glow effect to play this game?

I don't know about need to but I sure do want to see it in the game.
I also don't think it will be pointless if you have membership but only if they up the price of the upgrade each time you successfully upgrade it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what their opinion is on the glow effect, I'll go ahead and ask them. I know it's something many players would like to see return, I could definitely see it being an extra option while initializing your weapons.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm not sure what their opinion is on the glow effect, I'll go ahead and ask them. I know it's something many players would like to see return, I could definitely see it being an extra option while initializing your weapons.

While youre at it. Tell them it should be able to be toggled off and on.

Not only for you but for everyone else aswell. So if it bothers you you can choose to not show it. If possible for each weapon individually.

EDIT: Maybe on some weapons the glow was too big. This was a problem for many. For example showing yourself through walls when sniping around the corner. Or too big and flashy in general. Like taking up too much space of your vision.

It can be bothersome. So maybe reduce the size and make the glow a tiny bit darker so it wouldnt blind you as much?

Just throwing ideas

Edited by Meat
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Volt said:

Thank you, can you also ask them when they'll put faces into the game, not what they have put so far cause they were just awful, but the old ones andd the crazy looking ones.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sorel said:

Thank you, can you also ask them when they'll put faces into the game, not what they have put so far cause they were just awful, but the old ones andd the crazy looking ones.

Great idea, I hadn't realized there were so few. I'll add that ^^

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Meat said:

While youre at it. Tell them it should be able to be toggled off and on.

Not only for you but for everyone else aswell. So if it bothers you you can choose to not show it. If possible for each weapon individually.

EDIT: Maybe on some weapons the glow was too big. This was a problem for many. For example showing yourself through walls when sniping around the corner. Or too big and flashy in general. Like taking up too much space of your vision.

It can be bothersome. So maybe reduce the size and make the glow a tiny bit darker so it wouldnt blind you as much?

Just throwing ideas

I agree, it was rather problematic at times, as cool as it looked. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but weapons showing through walls is a huge issue for competitive matches especially, that and the glow were a huge issue in MVS. I personally stopped upgrading my CSD set of weapons at 7 in MVS so they didn't glow haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Volt said:

I agree, it was rather problematic at times, as cool as it looked. I'm not sure how hard it would be, but weapons showing through walls is a huge issue for competitive matches especially, that and the glow were a huge issue in MVS. I personally stopped upgrading my CSD set of weapons at 7 in MVS so they didn't glow haha

Thats what im talking about. You were not alone on that. But if they make it optional everyone will be happy. If you toggle it off the enemy cant see your glow. But you could also choose if you yourself wanted to see it. This way you can keep the level 9 benefits while still having the glow or not its up to you. Also beginners will like the flashy looks and red bullets. They will have something to look forward to which will help the player base abit

Edited by Meat
  • Like 1

Unless it has a competitive element, this game mostly has a casual element, so it doesn't matter if your weapon glows through walls as long as it doesn't cause discomfort.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Unless it has a competitive element, this game mostly has a casual element, so it doesn't matter if your weapon glows through walls as long as it doesn't cause discomfort.

They were just saying the fact that for very competitive people it used to cause discomfort, but for me, personally, the glow made me play better for some reason.