General Discussion

Are crosshair overlays considered as "cheating"

XEE

Many gaming monitors include a crosshair overlay that can be enabled through their on-screen settings. This feature allows you to display a fixed center point on-screen, which can be advantageous in games like MicroVolts where the default crosshair cannot be manually adjusted. My question is, considering that you can achieve this using the monitor's settings, would it be considered cheating if I use a program to edit the crosshair to my liking?

32 minutes ago, Davi said:

Hello,

we are talking about monitor settings, you are free to use it.

Hey, Davi

Thanks for your response and clarification. I appreciate your confirmation regarding the use of monitor settings for the crosshair overlay in gaming.

I want to mention that I've been using a program, specifically "CrossOver," while playing MicroVolts. This program was something I had used previously in Fortnite without encountering any issues or bans for 2 years. However, now that you've confirmed the legitimacy of using monitor settings for a crosshair overlay, I wanted to seek further clarification. Would my earlier use of the program be considered a violation or cheating, given that I believed it was acceptable based on the monitor settings allowance?

11 hours ago, XEE said:

Hey, Davi

Thanks for your response and clarification. I appreciate your confirmation regarding the use of monitor settings for the crosshair overlay in gaming.

I want to mention that I've been using a program, specifically "CrossOver," while playing MicroVolts. This program was something I had used previously in Fortnite without encountering any issues or bans for 2 years. However, now that you've confirmed the legitimacy of using monitor settings for a crosshair overlay, I wanted to seek further clarification. Would my earlier use of the program be considered a violation or cheating, given that I believed it was acceptable based on the monitor settings allowance?

realistically. If what the program does is only to put a static crosshair on your screen it is not cheating. its the same as putting something in real life in ur screen to see the exact center of it.

If it does not give u an actual advantage from other players it is not cheating.
For example Auto Locking (aimbot)
walls ect is cheating because it gives you something you should not have. A crosshair especially in microvolts is given.

Never thought about much until I saw Flexouz new video about 26th December update. He made a very good point.
It's not that concerning until you pick up a sniper.