General Discussion

Different experience

Stranger

Hello people,

I've been wondering for a long time how the developers thought about the Exp distribution.

As a zombie player, I feel at a disadvantage because I get about half the experience for the same playing time as an Elemenation player..

Why do some players get more experience in certain modes?

In my opinion, every mode should give just as much experience with the same play time and skill.

Whats your Opinion about this Topic?

Greetings AlphaTV

• Like 1

Hello,

it is necessary that certain game modes, give different experience, it's a matter of balancing.

E.g. faster game modes (FFAs), where players get 20/30 kills in a few minutes, cannot give the same experience, as a player gets doing the same kills

in a TDM or a CTB.

Why? Because from tomorrow, players will quit other game modes to play FFAs only, since you would be able to level up at the speed of light.

Why would you play TDMs or CTBs for 20/30 minutes, when within the same amount of time you would be able to get much more experience playing FFAs?

This response, was to reply to your question below.

10 hours ago, Iceman said:

Why do some players get more experience in certain modes?

In my opinion, every mode should give just as much experience with the same play time and skill.

Also, i believe that as every other game, there are main and side game modes.

The game grows as an Online Toy Shooter, therefore TDMs, CTBs, ELIs, represent the center of it.

As you can see, 90% of rooms are based on the upper said game modes, being Zombie Mode a less popular and competitive one, it is probabily meant to be a chill game mode, eventually played by a small part of the Community.

Davi, you have it the wrong way around. Currently playing FFA or Elimination is definitely the fastest way to gain experience, besides farming of course.

I can spend close to half an hour in a CTB lobby and gain around 1500 EXP, whereas 30 minutes of playtime in different FFA/Elim matches would net me much more. There is currently a real disadvantage EXP-wise to playing modes that naturally have a longer runtime. CTB and Zombie seem to be the biggest outliers.

• Like 7

It's clear to me if an FFA is much shorter in terms of game length and therefore gives less experience.

But it can't be the case that if you want to level up quickly you have to focus on one game mode...

You should play what you enjoy and in my opinion I am at a disadvantage compared to other people.

Maybe that's also the reason why game modes aren't played that much.

I just find it strange that for 30 minutes of playing time in a zombie mode I only get half the exp as in an elemenation mode.

That secretly forces me to play this game mode even though I don't feel like it.

I think every mode should earn the same amount of experience with the same playing time and skill.

3 hours ago, Davi said:

Hello,

it is necessary that certain game modes, give different experience, it's a matter of balancing.

E.g. faster game modes (FFAs), where players get 20/30 kills in a few minutes, cannot give the same experience, as a player gets doing the same kills

in a TDM or a CTB.

Why? Because from tomorrow, players will quit other game modes to play FFAs only, since you would be able to level up at the speed of light.

Why would you play TDMs or CTBs for 20/30 minutes, when within the same amount of time you would be able to get much more experience playing FFAs?

This response, was to reply to your question below.

Also, i believe that as every other game, there are main and side game modes.

The game grows as an Online Toy Shooter, therefore TDMs, CTBs, ELIs, represent the center of it.

As you can see, 90% of rooms are based on the upper said game modes, being Zombie Mode a less popular and competitive one, it is probabily meant to be a chill game mode, eventually played by a small part of the Community.

Are you saying it's not worth paying attention to because there are only a few players?

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Timorisu said:

Davi, you have it the wrong way around. Currently playing FFA or Elimination is definitely the fastest way to gain experience, besides farming of course.

I can spend close to half an hour in a CTB lobby and gain around 1500 EXP, whereas 30 minutes of playtime in different FFA/Elim matches would net me much more. There is currently a real disadvantage EXP-wise to playing modes that naturally have a longer runtime. CTB and Zombie seem to be the biggest outliers.

Hello,

don't get me wrong there.

I'm aware of the fact that ELIs are a fast way to get experience infact i didn't mention such game mode in the comment.

About FFAs i didn't experience such a big difference in terms of gained experience, at least not as much as in ELIs, which as i've already left an hint, are truly a fast way to get experience (unless your performance isn't the best).

3 hours ago, 200VND said:

Are you saying it's not worth paying attention to because there are only a few players?

Hello,

not at all.

I've just written what i do see while playing the game.

I like Zombie Mode too and other side game modes, but i personally look at them as side game modes.

It's just my thought, as a player that plays such game modes to relax and to have a break from the competitive modes.

That being said, it doesn't imply that such game modes should be forgotten, because as long as at least one player enjoys them, they are supposed to be available for the players.

That's about it, i hope my thought is now clear to you! 🙂

6 hours ago, Davi said:

Hello,

don't get me wrong there.

I'm aware of the fact that ELIs are a fast way to get experience infact i didn't mention such game mode in the comment.

About FFAs i didn't experience such a big difference in terms of gained experience, at least not as much as in ELIs, which as i've already left an hint, are truly a fast way to get experience (unless your performance isn't the best).

Hello,

not at all.

I've just written what i do see while playing the game.

I like Zombie Mode too and other side game modes, but i personally look at them as side game modes.

It's just my thought, as a player that plays such game modes to relax and to have a break from the competitive modes.

That being said, it doesn't imply that such game modes should be forgotten, because as long as at least one player enjoys them, they are supposed to be available for the players.

That's about it, i hope my thought is now clear to you! 🙂

That's right. I'm a side player because I only play zombie mode and I deserve 1/2 exp