General Discussion

Wasted potential

Meat

It is quite sad to see since the release i was stoked because of the new player base. It was MASSIVE. In the morning there were so many rooms. I needed a good 10 seconds to scroll to reach the bottom of the page. But after a week it had died down simply because there was nothing exept the basic weapons in the shop and a few game modes to experience.

You developers didnt even bother making it an open beta or something else. You released it as finished product which was a terrible idea.

Is there a way you can do something to capture the steam audiences attention so more players will swarm back to the game?

there has to be some kind of big announcement and soon. I keep seeing the same players over and over again which is a bad sign for a brand new game on a platform such as steam.

If you are serious about this game then i suggest doing something big after the halloween event ends or expect to lose a portion of your already small player base. I am not trying to sound negative i am just sharing my point of view.

• Like 21
1 hour ago, Meat said:

It is quite sad to see since the release i was stoked because of the new player base. It was MASSIVE. In the morning there were so many rooms. I needed a good 10 seconds to scroll to reach the bottom of the page. But after a week it had died down simply because there was nothing exept the basic weapons in the shop and a few game modes to experience.

You developers didnt even bother making it an open beta or something else. You released it as finished product which was a terrible idea.

Is there a way you can do something to capture the steam audiences attention so more players will swarm back to the game?

there has to be some kind of big announcement and soon. I keep seeing the same players over and over again which is a bad sign for a brand new game on a platform such as steam.

If you are serious about this game then i suggest doing something big after the halloween event ends or expect to lose a portion of your already small player base. I am not trying to sound negative i am just sharing my point of view.

746476018914689235.gif

Idk. These guys are slower in the head than the actual guy from THO. Seems like they took notes from him and made the game blatant moneydigging for a lot of people in here 💀

There's still hope but changes are necessary and I just hope they are willing to make them. Personally, I feel like I don't have any reason to grind so I simply get my daily reward and get off for the day most days.

1 hour ago, Meat said:

This game is boring, i didn't touch it from 3 weeks maybe, the game is kinda old for new generation

(1)- the Ui is kinda old, boring, full of pixels 

(2)- the graphics is bad Now someone will come and say, "Oh, if the graphics were improved, the game wouldn't be the same." Like dude 

They can invent settings mode whether the player prefers modern or old graphics

Now someone will come and say, “Oh, the engine is old, bla, bla, it hasn’t been updated since 2012.” My friend, it is easy for the DEVS if it wants to replace the engine, because they have all the models and source codes.

(3)-In the Halloween update, the UI was not updated, nor were the game maps, and here lies the problem: the game seems not to interact with the community

(4)- the MP shop is empty, F2P will not enjoy this for sure 

(5)- They need to return to weapons upgrad3. The UPG must have a 100% success rate. I also encourage that servers be divided according to people’s levels, KD ect.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Meat said:

Kinda sad, i hope they can fix it, game is boring 

Edited by Baran01
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, NorMan said:

This game is boring, i didn't touch it from 3 weeks maybe, the game is kinda old for new generation

(1)- the Ui is kinda old, boring, full of pixels 

(2)- the graphics is bad Now someone will come and say, "Oh, if the graphics were improved, the game wouldn't be the same." Like dude 

They can invent settings mode whether the player prefers modern or old graphics

Now someone will come and say, “Oh, the engine is old, bla, bla, it hasn’t been updated since 2012.” My friend, it is easy for the DEVS if it wants to replace the engine, because they have all the models and source codes.

(3)-In the Halloween update, the UI was not updated, nor were the game maps, and here lies the problem: the game seems not to interact with the community

(4)- the MP shop is empty, F2P will not enjoy this for sure 

(5)- They need to return to weapons upgrad3. The UPG must have a 100% success rate. I also encourage that servers be divided according to people’s levels, KD ect.

I agree on most things you've said here but the fact you think changing an engine is easy is absolutely delusional

not only would they have to build the game from nearly the ground up, they would risk alienating the entire existing player base because the game would feel way different

a major UI overhaul, existing missing features and QoL changes would have been good enough

• Thanks 1

Facts! completely agree

Everything they had to do was take the as it was in Surge, strip it of a lot of content and release like that, and everything they stripped from it could have been released later in updates....

Right now the shop is SAD, thats the only thing i can think of when i look at it.. MP gains are INEXISTENT and there's 0 pourpose to play besides nostalgia, which by the way fades slowly due to this lack of items and stuff.

I really hate to say this, but look at TH.. its better in every aspect besides those cringy ice and fire weapons and the Dev Staff. Honestly, such a small group managed to find the perfect recipe and Masangsoft couldn't...... 

I really doubt they will release a huge update after the halloween one considering the steps the've taken so far. And i really don't want to admit this but at this rate there will be 10 rooms constantly which will lead to the games death.

• Like 1

The saddest part is that they themself probaply can't see how it's ruining their own buisness. Lets face it. The only reason they bought MV is because they saw potential money to be made (like any other company would) BUT they literally screwed themselfes because they wanted it "no P2W"

I already told this on the forum already but ANYONE could have decent weapons by playing the game. I spend over 5-6 years about 30$ on the game (mainly for seals to trade) and guess what? I had level 9 good rt weapons, i had god weapons (by playing single wave), i had tank/ speed sets and parts.

It was so easy to get stuff. I had a nice full inventory and i didnt have to spend a dime on it. If they wanted to make money AND keep the player base they should SHUT DOWN MV (and take note of all transactions that have been made so far. RELEASE it again with the old stuff and old stats old capsule rates because these are terrible. Compensate the players who spend on this current version.

Add back the coupon shop add back the capsule weapons add back the rt/ rainbow hammers add everything back the way it was, add level 9 to weapons  This should give players something to WORK TOWARDS. That is missing in this game. A fun grind that rewards you. Its non present. What point is there if i need 3000 MP to get a fully upgrated set/ weapons and im done? You litterally need 1 day to be max in the game. And you will be running around with fully upgrated basic CHIP set and basic weapons. Who wants that? 

At this point its 10:00 in the morning and there are 5 total rooms which 1 of them is TDM. It's apsolutely going down. At the end you will just have 10 players remaining who are diehard fans who spend over 2k $ per event on this game. That is not a healthy player base let me tell you that.

2 hours ago, Meat said:

The saddest part is that they themself probaply can't see how it's ruining their own buisness. Lets face it. The only reason they bought MV is because they saw potential money to be made (like any other company would) BUT they literally screwed themselfes because they wanted it "no P2W"

I already told this on the forum already but ANYONE could have decent weapons by playing the game. I spend over 5-6 years about 30$ on the game (mainly for seals to trade) and guess what? I had level 9 good rt weapons, i had god weapons (by playing single wave), i had tank/ speed sets and parts.

It was so easy to get stuff. I had a nice full inventory and i didnt have to spend a dime on it. If they wanted to make money AND keep the player base they should SHUT DOWN MV (and take note of all transactions that have been made so far. RELEASE it again with the old stuff and old stats old capsule rates because these are terrible. Compensate the players who spend on this current version.

Add back the coupon shop add back the capsule weapons add back the rt/ rainbow hammers add everything back the way it was, add level 9 to weapons  This should give players something to WORK TOWARDS. That is missing in this game. A fun grind that rewards you. Its non present. What point is there if i need 3000 MP to get a fully upgrated set/ weapons and im done? You litterally need 1 day to be max in the game. And you will be running around with fully upgrated basic CHIP set and basic weapons. Who wants that? 

At this point its 10:00 in the morning and there are 5 total rooms which 1 of them is TDM. It's apsolutely going down. At the end you will just have 10 players remaining who are diehard fans who spend over 2k $ per event on this game. That is not a healthy player base let me tell you that.

ummm but I heard they just buy dead games and leave them there

20 hours ago, rockii said:

I agree on most things you've said here but the fact you think changing an engine is easy is absolutely delusional

not only would they have to build the game from nearly the ground up, they would risk alienating the entire existing player base because the game would feel way different

a major UI overhaul, existing missing features and QoL changes would have been good enough

Yes, at the present time, after the launch of the game, it is difficult to transfer the game to a new engine, but I think they can work on Models of the game itself and the maps on UE5. Even *leo* himself said that “if the number of players is large,” then we can improve the graphics of the game because we have more budget", this is not  It is difficult. There are many projects that from Fans doing old games and others to modern engines such as UE5, and some of them have succeeded

On 10/13/2023 at 1:30 PM, NorMan said:

Yes, at the present time, after the launch of the game, it is difficult to transfer the game to a new engine, but I think they can work on Models of the game itself and the maps on UE5. Even *leo* himself said that “if the number of players is large,” then we can improve the graphics of the game because we have more budget", this is not  It is difficult. There are many projects that from Fans doing old games and others to modern engines such as UE5, and some of them have succeeded

Hey yo! Let me tell you some facts.

If I understand correctly (correct me if I'm wrong), he intends to adapt the textures, assets, and other elements to a 4K resolution. The graphical engine they use has its inherent limitations, so don't expect more than that.

Remaking the game is an option, but I fear they won't pursue it because it's far too expensive for them to even consider. They've had the rights to this game for years and haven't made any changes. They're merely releasing "premium" clothing and weapons that they didn't create (since they've been in the game for a long time) as part of an event to generate revenue. It's nonsensical.

YkYBNAS.png

Their player base has significantly dropped in just one month. At launch, there were 4,000 players. Now, they struggle to attract even 400. The absence of marketing, fresh content, and communication from the developers discourages people from even downloading the game.

We can't equate Apex Legends, which saw a 4x player peak two years after its release, with Microvolts. Budgets are not the same.  Their marketing team totally missed the mark. They should've focused on us, the die-hards who've been around for 16 years. We're all grown up now and wouldn't mind shelling out a bit for a game that's been a huge part of our lives.

But nope, they didn't get the memo. They didn't bring anything new to the table and didn't even throw a nod to their OG fans.

Game was not dead, they simply killed it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I agree with most points, I only differ with one, Pay2win: I like equal competitiveness, otherwise I find it a boring game. In fact, I prefer to play with better players than me, because that's what I enjoy (when I beat them it's very satisfying).

According to what I have read in various comments from players, it seems that they would like pay2win to return, which surprises me, but well I assume that these are players who have spent money on the game and want to have the same nostalgic experience from more ago. of ten years. If we assume that the majority of players who spend on this game think the same, then the game should be made pay2win, since the main customers of microvolts ask for it.

I really hate any pay2win game, personally I could say that microvolts was an exception at the time, but now I'm tired of pay2win games, they don't entertain me and I would like every pay2win game to die (radical moment).

Well, the conclusion I have reached is that there are fewer players who do not want pay2win in microvolts; So if microvolts becomes pay2win, they will lose like 3 players or something like that, and will probably close again in the end (as always).

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, SimonMartines said:

I agree with most points, I only differ with one, Pay2win: I like equal competitiveness, otherwise I find it a boring game. In fact, I prefer to play with better players than me, because that's what I enjoy (when I beat them it's very satisfying).

According to what I have read in various comments from players, it seems that they would like pay2win to return, which surprises me, but well I assume that these are players who have spent money on the game and want to have the same nostalgic experience from more ago. of ten years. If we assume that the majority of players who spend on this game think the same, then the game should be made pay2win, since the main customers of microvolts ask for it.

I really hate any pay2win game, personally I could say that microvolts was an exception at the time, but now I'm tired of pay2win games, they don't entertain me and I would like every pay2win game to die (radical moment).

Well, the conclusion I have reached is that there are fewer players who do not want pay2win in microvolts; So if microvolts becomes pay2win, they will lose like 3 players or something like that, and will probably close again in the end (as always).

No, i spend 0$ on THO and MV surge and want P2W back.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, SimonMartines said:

But yeah i'm agree with you because every P2W will die in the end.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SimonMartines said:

I also like the previous gameplay, people can buy things with their MP, and weapons. Those who don't recharge will use MP items . It has its own appeal for each player . So I won't equate each person's point of view

Edited by QN_Khai