General Discussion

Lots of people don't understand what will keep the game from dying

Liothesloth

The game first and foremost needs to start making it easier to get into the game and also keep giving them a reason to play

-lets be real every single lobby now has 90% lvl 50+. you don't see any new players.

-the awful UI (being extremely blurry, pixelated af no matter what resolution things don't work on some resolutions, not getting rewards they earned)

-how is a new player who just installed the game, see all that garbage and not think to themselves "Wow this game looks like its from 16 years ago im gonna go play literally anything else". They just installed the game so they don't have the nostalgia boner that keep them in the game for longer then 10 minutes.

-This is the sad part because new players are the only thing that will keep this game going but it seems no one cares about that.

-Sure there will always be the niche of the tryhards like most of us still playing the game, eventually we are going to leave as well to whatever it may be maybe even if its only for 2 or 3 years when you come back if there is no one to fill the gap you left the game will die and the developers will stop caring because no more money and then we will get the same thing that happened to MV, MVS.TH. 

-im not saying to make the gameplay different at all but they have to do the bare minimum at least like an actually useful tutorial that will teach you things you need to know like how to switch weapons fast.

-The original game literally had a a separate server for people under lvl 10 what happened?

-The game doesn't give you any incentive to keep playing like the store being completely nuked. This game is not fundamentally a game that is so well designed that you can keep playing it forever and just keep playing for the sake of getting better like CSGO, League, or dota. They got to give you at least something to work towards.

-This problem affects us tryhards as much as it effects the new players and hopefully people will see that.

Please tell me what you guys think or if you think otherwise thanks!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I literally create beginner lobbies and kick everyone who tries hard. If the devs dont do it, I will be at their service. The beginners enjoy more if they play against other beginners.

• Like 5

They missed the chance of greating a beginner channel at launch day.. now it's pretty much impossible to include the small amount of beginner that somehow end up here. I can really understand it since I'm new and already lvl 100+ which just feels wrong.. and the game is getting more and more frustrating since there aren't any "chill" rooms to go to.

Can't really learn the game like the other old people did If you can't play with people on your own level, since the com is so small..

The graphics and steam page ain't appealing either.. the graphic should have been improved so more people would give it a try.. but why should you try to learn such an old game with those outdated graphics If other games can fill your desire just fine? I can see why the game ain't holding up.. p2w wasn't the only problem.

Based on that, all they can do in future patch is to implement a 0-100 / 100-200 or something like this channels (or at least for new players).
Also, in future with ranked and competitive queues, there will be more space for new players playing non-competitive games.

Beginners channels don't work. There will always be experienced players who pretend to be beginner and just farm them all day long. Also i think the comunity needs to give them tips on how to play (creating videos). I see alot of beginners just running with rifle all game long. At some point they kinda have to learn how to play from catching on patterns on how others play.

37 minutes ago, Meat said:

Beginners channels don't work. There will always be experienced players who pretend to be beginner and just farm them all day long. Also i think the comunity needs to give them tips on how to play (creating videos). I see alot of beginners just running with rifle all game long. At some point they kinda have to learn how to play from catching on patterns on how others play.

The channel algorithm for new players doesn't make any sense, what if that channel has no players, or too few. They will give up and those who come later will also fall into the same situation. I like how all the players are put in one place

In my opinion there should be servers for lvl 1 to 110 as beginner lobbies.

Lobbies where all player can play together and lobbies based on KDA.

Well, I'm just gonna quote (literally) what I said in another post, which, I think is very relatable to the situation going on.

Upon searching the internet, it appears that Masangsoft primarily concentrates on acquiring game rights and implementing micropayments to achieve money. They have owned (or had owned) dozens of games in the past, with most of them now shut down due to a lack of updates. Players simply stopped playing (GunZ, for instance).

A lot of players reinstalled the game driven by a sense of nostalgia. However, nostalgia tends to fade once you become accustomed to the provoking elements; players begin to notice the game's lingering limitations and bugs, and eventually choose not to continue playing, especially when alternatives are just a click away.

The developers haven’t really fixed any of the bugs, graphical, or gameplay issues that the game had 16 years ago. There’s still a hardware limitation tied to a graphics engine that was developed nearly 20 years ago, with no updates since 2012.

Perhaps a remake would be a solution? Recreating the game with Unreal Engine could be fantastic, sure. However, Masangsoft, a company of fewer than 100 people, probably can’t afford that (even with their $7,41 million annual sales), or their developers don't know HOW to do that (don't forget that Masangsoft only focuses on getting the rights of the game). I don't know how accurate this info is, since I'm getting all this information from the South Korean Business Database.

The only viable option for them? Adjust the game balance, introduce micropayments, and hope that players spend enough to bring profitability to a game that was essentially dead before they even launched it.

I fear Microvolts will not be an exception. They have held the game rights for a long time but didn’t release the game until now. And when they did, it’s basically the same version we were used to. The reality is, we’re not children anymore, and the industry has advanced significantly, deterring us from sticking with a game that holds no promise for the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I really don't want to be that Guy who hate everything, but i have literally friends, i told him about THO before MVs launch like 2 weeks, and they really enjoy the game, and they was waiting for offical MV, but they get upset from current state of the game, they feeling the balance different, and other stuff, they quiet from the day 1, in THO they play like 2 weeks and really having fun 

20231005_132741.jpg

On 10/4/2023 at 8:42 PM, Liothesloth said:

The game first and foremost needs to start making it easier to get into the game and also keep giving them a reason to play

-lets be real every single lobby now has 90% lvl 50+. you don't see any new players.

-the awful UI (being extremely blurry, pixelated af no matter what resolution things don't work on some resolutions, not getting rewards they earned)

-how is a new player who just installed the game, see all that garbage and not think to themselves "Wow this game looks like its from 16 years ago im gonna go play literally anything else". They just installed the game so they don't have the nostalgia boner that keep them in the game for longer then 10 minutes.

-This is the sad part because new players are the only thing that will keep this game going but it seems no one cares about that.

-Sure there will always be the niche of the tryhards like most of us still playing the game, eventually we are going to leave as well to whatever it may be maybe even if its only for 2 or 3 years when you come back if there is no one to fill the gap you left the game will die and the developers will stop caring because no more money and then we will get the same thing that happened to MV, MVS.TH. 

-im not saying to make the gameplay different at all but they have to do the bare minimum at least like an actually useful tutorial that will teach you things you need to know like how to switch weapons fast.

-The original game literally had a a separate server for people under lvl 10 what happened?

-The game doesn't give you any incentive to keep playing like the store being completely nuked. This game is not fundamentally a game that is so well designed that you can keep playing it forever and just keep playing for the sake of getting better like CSGO, League, or dota. They got to give you at least something to work towards.

-This problem affects us tryhards as much as it effects the new players and hopefully people will see that.

Please tell me what you guys think or if you think otherwise thanks!

"This game is not fundamentally a game that is so well designed that you can keep playing it forever and just keep playing for the sake of getting better like CSGO, League, or dota."
It definitely could if they add ranked, a looooot of potential.

I agree with the rest of the points.💪

Edited by Opa
You have good points, I like them. But I'm going to focus on one; People with lowlevel/noobs.
It would be nice if when a player hosts a game, who has "kd = 0.5 or lower", that only players with "kd 0.5 or lower" can join, and not players with more than 0.5 kd.
Of course, noobs can enter the games of the "pros/old players", since this will be helpful to players who want to improve.
If we analyze this solution a little more, we can come to the conclusion that it is a bit crazy, but the developers have to make noobs play with noobs in one way or another.