General Discussion

Please create CSD mode

SimonMartines

Just as you can establish what weapons you can use during a game x.

It would be great if you could establish that "this is a CSD match", where CSD would mean that you can only use the default skin (no stat upgrades), only MP weapons (and no rocket launchers), and that accessories are allowed.

This could be considered optional, but it is really necessary, since many users enjoy this modality, and most even respect the title of "CSD Game", something that I consider impressive.

Well, since you've read me this far, I would like them to also add "Default Mode", which would basically mean that neither stat upgrades on parts nor weapon upgrades can be used. Only weapons with default statistics and skin with default statistics.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Isnt csd regarding the weapons pretty unnecessary, because capsule and adv weps arent more powerful than mp ones nowadays? 

I agree that it was a cool mode, but it was only created, due to the overpowered adv, capsule and god weapons in MVS. 

Sidenote. Correct me if i remember it falsely, but i always thought csd meant no accessories aswell

CSD mode was created because P2W existed so theres really no point in remaking it unless they fix the weapon balance.

For example you can make some 'rules' for CSD mode, no Grenade launcher or Bazooka annd so on

It's weird by itself to forbid players from using Rocket Launchers, as the weapon is still a part of the game. As all the weapons are balanced now, this would make no point at all. CSD rules (Clan Shutdown tournament) were made to equate weapons power between the participants, so the skill would matter but not the amount of cash you've put into the game. As for now, when RT doesn't really change the balance, it's really unnecessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, SimonMartines said:

Just as you can establish what weapons you can use during a game x.

It would be great if you could establish that "this is a CSD match", where CSD would mean that you can only use the default skin (no stat upgrades), only MP weapons (and no rocket launchers), and that accessories are allowed.

This could be considered optional, but it is really necessary, since many users enjoy this modality, and most even respect the title of "CSD Game", something that I consider impressive.

Well, since you've read me this far, I would like them to also add "Default Mode", which would basically mean that neither stat upgrades on parts nor weapon upgrades can be used. Only weapons with default statistics and skin with default statistics.

I agree with everything except the no rocket launchers. Thats just dumb.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Amperson said:

It's weird by itself to forbid players from using Rocket Launchers, as the weapon is still a part of the game. As all the weapons are balanced now, this would make no point at all. CSD rules (Clan Shutdown tournament) were made to equate weapons power between the participants, so the skill would matter but not the amount of cash you've put into the game. As for now, when RT doesn't really change the balance, it's really unnecessary. 

By the no Rocket launcher or Grenade Launcher i meant not using the ones from the capsule or shop, just using basic ones that cant be upgraded

Edited by OGSapphire

Honestly I don't see a reason for a CSD type mode because the game is balanced quite well in terms of availability. That was the sole reason for CSD back in the day, preventing people from using overpowered items. If we get another wave of polish on weapon balance, I see absolutely no reason for it. I always disliked that rocket and grenade launchers being limited because there's some skill expression with them there that isn't often seen. Limiting the weapon selection slows down the pace of the game and encourages camping and just abusing snipers, I always thought it was strange that the most competitive format for the game was also the slowest paced... Seems like a crutch in some ways, if they can balance HP/Speed and weapons just a tad bit better it'd be amazing.

3 hours ago, OGSapphire said:

By the no Rocket launcher or Grenade Launcher i meant not using the ones from the capsule or shop, just using basic ones that cant be upgraded

Yeah, I got the idea. Imo, if players feel that GL or RL have an advantage over other weapons (which I agree, it is a thing sometimes), it definitely has to be rebalanced in general

Edited by Amperson