General Discussion

Question about servers.

Ogoae

Hello,ย 

So I reside in the south central united states area, the only server I get decent ping on (anywhere between 50-80) is the NA server. I typically get on in the mornings more so then at night due to my work schedule, unfortunately for me, the NA server is pretty much dead in the mornings. Maybe 3 matches that are not even half full. I feel lucky if I see 4 ๐Ÿ˜…. So I've tried playing on the EU server a few times due to the very noticeable increase of population compared to the NA servers but my ping gets anywhere between 170-200 if not more. So not only am I not having a good time due to my excessive lag, the people I'm playing with are getting upset with me because of it which is understandable.ย 

ย 

As such, is there a way to play on the EU servers without the excessive ping or am I forever shunned to play NA and hope the population increases?

3 hours ago, Ogoae said:

Hello,ย 

So I reside in the south central united states area, the only server I get decent ping on (anywhere between 50-80) is the NA server. I typically get on in the mornings more so then at night due to my work schedule, unfortunately for me, the NA server is pretty much dead in the mornings. Maybe 3 matches that are not even half full. I feel lucky if I see 4 ๐Ÿ˜…. So I've tried playing on the EU server a few times due to the very noticeable increase of population compared to the NA servers but my ping gets anywhere between 170-200 if not more. So not only am I not having a good time due to my excessive lag, the people I'm playing with are getting upset with me because of it which is understandable.ย 

ย 

As such, is there a way to play on the EU servers without the excessive ping or am I forever shunned to play NA and hope the population increases?

There isn't a way to play on the EU servers without the excessive ping you're mentioning about. It really just depends on your location, the best thing you can do is get stronger/faster wifi, but that won't really make a difference when you're playing across the world. From my experience you'll always have people harass you on their home server if you're "lagging", even though it's just your solid ping for playing on their server. Realistically it's just a skill issue for them unless you guys are genuinely trading kills then it would technically be you at fault because it didn't register you dying first, which probably doesn't really happen as much as you think.