Off-Topic

Game Mode Ideas

Jayli

Greetings,

i know that the MicroVolts Team has a lot to do, but i would still like to share some Game Mode Ideas:

Battery Drain (Team or FFA):
"The Battery Company made a mistake, their batteries run out faster now, you need to act fast before you suffer the consequences"

•  The winning conditions are the same as TDM and FFA
  •  Every second, the Players HP will decrease by a fixed amount (or percentage).
  •  Health Pick Ups are disabled
  •  Ammo Pick Ups are still enabled
  •  If a Player kills and enemy, they restore a fixed amount HP (or percentage).
  •  (TDM) The Enemy Team will gain a point if the Player dies due to the energy drain.

Wireless Charging Point (Team or FFA):

"You feel the energy flowing trough the air, but you are not alone..."

•  There are many different Areas scattered around the map.
  •  Two Areas will be enabled/disabled every X Seconds.
  •  The Player/Team will gain a point for every Second that they are inside of this area.
  •  The first Player/Team that reached X amount of Points wins.

Hold the Battery (Team or FFA):

"everyone wants a piece of the cake... i mean battery"

•  After X Seconds a Battery will spawn in a Random Location of the Map.
  •  If the Player picks up the Battery, they will gain a point for every Second holding the battery.
  •  Like in Capute the Battery, the Battery Holder is visible to every player.
  •  The Battery Holder restores HP over time.
  •  If the Player/Team reached X Points, they win.

Shared Battery (Team only):

"shared pain is half of the pain"

• Every Team starts with an HP Pool which scales based of the Amount of Player Slots per Team.
  • The first Team that gets their HP Pool to 0 loses.

What Game Mode Ideas do you have?

Kind Regards

Jayli

• Like 5

I really like the ideas you put down. It's nice to see some ideas being put into the forums 🙂

Battery Drain

> The FFA version should reward the player that did the most damage on you with the kill if you die by battery loss. Hope its possible to implement because from what ive seen self-kills don't reward kills in ffa and I don't know under what category the battery loss would fall

Hold the Battery

> The only problem I see is abusable spots(just like in zombie mode).. perhaps they need to alternate some maps for this mode specifically or limit the maps it can be played on.. depending which maps can easily be abused or not

• Like 1
On 9/23/2023 at 5:25 AM, Jayli said:

Shared Battery (Team only):

"shared pain is half of the pain"

• Every Team starts with an HP Pool which scales based of the Amount of Player Slots per Team.
  • The first Team that gets their HP Pool to 0 loses.

There is actually a gamemode like this which already exists, called Scrimmage. 

"Scrimmage is a mode in Microvolts where both teams have health gauges. To win you must attack your opponent which will cause the enemy's health gauge to lower. You spawn with 5000 hp and turn into a repair box upon dieing to repeat the cycle. Once your team's or enemy's team guage hits 0 the opposite team wins. You get point counters for each 1000 damage you do which adds up to create a new counter ( so 5 '1000' counters will create 1 '5000' counter)"

- Quoted from the 'Microvolts Wiki'

This came from the update which introduced the Wild West map. In my opinion, it was an alright gamemode but it got a bit tedious when there wasn't enough people in a lobby 

• Like 1