General Discussion

Clan War Release Delayed - Tournament Proposal

Seven_Sky

Are you interested in participating (and paying an entry fee?)   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating (and paying an entry fee?)

• Yes
    • No

Hey there!

The admin from the official discord server mentioned today that "it will take some time" for Clan Wars/Ranked mode to be released. In Masangsoft's terms, this could mean waiting for months, if not years. So, why don't we kickstart what we truly love - the competitive aspect of MV?

A few of us are thinking of organising an MV tournament to spice things up a little. There is a catch though. We're considering implementing a small entry fee (subject to Masangsoft permission). 

Example: 

Entry fee: €5
Participants: 200 
Prize pool: €1,000 (1st team wins - 500€, 2 - 250€, 3 - 100€, 4 - 50€, 5 - 25€) 
(4 per team)

I'd like to gauge your general interest in this idea. We'd appreciate your vote ☝️

MicroVolts League.png

• Like 5

That would be cool!

Im not in cus i just have my clan alone cus i want to keep the clan name alive, but if you guys stream the tournament i'll gladly see the stream!

• Like 1

It is a cool initiative for sure, but imo the game isn't ready yet for a tournament hosting. The balance is not that stable yet; the amount of players that will come is rather doubtful, anti-cheat system is easy to break and for the money (RT) prize, they will be motivated to do it.
Not to mention, that hosting such a tournament with the mentioned capacity is very, VERY hard, telling you as a former Event Supporter. Without some permissions that [MOD]'s would have, it will be rather painful than enjoyable.

Cool initiative, but I'd suggest giving it more time.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Amperson said:

It is a cool initiative for sure, but imo the game isn't ready yet for a tournament hosting. The balance is not that stable yet; the amount of players that will come is rather doubtful, anti-cheat system is easy to break and for the money (RT) prize, they will be motivated to do it.
Not to mention, that hosting such a tournament with the mentioned capacity is very, VERY hard, telling you as a former Event Supporter. Without some permissions that [MOD]'s would have, it will be rather painful than enjoyable.

Cool initiative, but I'd suggest giving it more time.

The weapon balance has never remained stable across any versions. We'd need to establish a format similar to CSD, wherein certain weapons/categories are prohibited.

The number of participants mentioned in the post is merely an example. I am fully aware of how challenging it can be to host a tournament, having organised several on MV.

As for hackers, it's something we've always had to face and sadly there's not much we can do. Having a mod will be of no use. And depending on the number of entries, this can be hosted across two weekends or more, get a bigger staffing team, etc. 

If we don't start now, it's only a matter of weeks before we reach the same playerbase as toyheroes once had. 

Hello,

i love to see people who do their best trying to create something for the Community.

I've personally expressed a negative feedback on the poll, since i'm not interested in taking part into such tournaments.

Although i'm not sure whether the Community is looking for such things in this exact moment, ( i believe that now people want to know in which direction the game is gonna go, big updates, new maps, new gamemodes and so on), i support your venture!

• Like 1

Brother with these weapon stats, this won't be any ordinary tournament to show off your skills. It's either immensive spamming or bug exploits (certain maps).

I get the fact that people want desperately cw's/tournaments, but at this moment we can't even handle ourselfs from spamming Herpes & Zeus (or abuse exploits).

Edited by KTSE