General Discussion

Possible Features for Newcomers/Beginners

Serphinious

Hey! I'm Serph. I'm new to the game and I was thinking about what could be done to the game, that helps beginners to learn the game.. since the player count is already dropping(taking steamcharts as my source) and I am kinda thinking it has to do with the skill gap that is created naturally due to many old people playing the game(which is great! love that loyalty ^^). 

I was thinking about beginner channels(which was a missed chance at launch of recharged).

Though those tend to have lots of stinky smurfs..

What are your ideas?

~ Serphinious (Joey)

• Like 2

i think its a good idea, the old game had this implemented for a long time. Also if they dont want to introduce this for some reason, they can just make rooms accessible for players between level 0 and 100.. as you reach level 100 in less than 100 games i think its fair.

The player count is already dropping clearly , its visible in the game aswell, CH1 was busy until a few days ago, now i havent seen it like that anymore and also there aren't as many rooms either. It's sad to see, but i will put that on the fact that the only reason we have to play for now it's leveling up.. we dont get MP, the clans havent been added yet and etc. Its only been 3 weeks since launch but yeah.. people are not that patient anymore 😄

I think maybe a mentoring program could a worth a shot aswell. Like having older and more experienced players teaching newer ones the main mechanics like swapping or some basic spots on some maps. For taking part in that as a teacher/ mentor these players could receive a special title and some other rewards like items, mp or rt

10 minutes ago, khalo0od100 said:

i think its a good idea, the old game had this implemented for a long time. Also if they dont want to introduce this for some reason, they can just make rooms accessible for players between level 0 and 100.. as you reach level 100 in less than 100 games i think its fair.

The player count is already dropping clearly , its visible in the game aswell, CH1 was busy until a few days ago, now i havent seen it like that anymore and also there aren't as many rooms either. It's sad to see, but i will put that on the fact that the only reason we have to play for now it's leveling up.. we dont get MP, the clans havent been added yet and etc. Its only been 3 weeks since launch but yeah.. people are not that patient anymore 😄

Yeah the missing motivation is clearly another reason for the missing playerbase, but that's for another topic probably haha 😄 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Log1c said:

I think maybe a mentoring program could a worth a shot aswell. Like having older and more experienced players teaching newer ones the main mechanics like swapping or some basic spots on some maps. For taking part in that as a teacher/ mentor these players could receive a special title and some other rewards like items, mp or rt

Sounds like a cool concept on paper tho I'm not sure on the execution yet. That being said: older players probably gotta change their mindset of being elitist and gatekeepers to having an open mind for the new people.. because believe it or not: games need them to stay alive.

10 hours ago, Serphinious said:

Sounds like a cool concept on paper tho I'm not sure on the execution yet. That being said: older players probably gotta change their mindset of being elitist and gatekeepers to having an open mind for the new people.. because believe it or not: games need them to stay alive.

I agree with what you've said and yes the way in which such a system could be implemented is a tricky one, but it would be a good way for the older players to connect with beginners. Then its easier for beginners to get to know the mechanics of the game and find their place in our community.

In the end, keeping new players here is not only Masangsofts responsibility, but also ours as a community. We need to welcome new players into our community and help them.

Sadly parts of MVs community have always been kinda toxic and that makes everything more difficult

12 hours ago, Serphinious said:

Hey! I'm Serph. I'm new to the game and I was thinking about what could be done to the game, that helps beginners to learn the game.. since the player count is already dropping(taking steamcharts as my source) and I am kinda thinking it has to do with the skill gap that is created naturally due to many old people playing the game(which is great! love that loyalty ^^). 

I was thinking about beginner channels(which was a missed chance at launch of recharged).

Though those tend to have lots of stinky smurfs..

What are your ideas?

~ Serphinious (Joey)

Wow you're new in the game ? 

i never thought this game will get new players

What do you think about the first time you join to this game ?

it was good?

9 hours ago, Log1c said:

I agree with what you've said and yes the way in which such a system could be implemented is a tricky one, but it would be a good way for the older players to connect with beginners. Then its easier for beginners to get to know the mechanics of the game and find their place in our community.

In the end, keeping new players here is not only Masangsofts responsibility, but also ours as a community. We need to welcome new players into our community and help them.

Sadly parts of MVs community have always been kinda toxic and that makes everything more difficult

That's right. Especially in a small community like this one we all have our responsibility to keep the new people in the game.

I can clearly see why people would leave if they get stomped 24/7.. 

8 hours ago, Baran01 said:

Wow you're new in the game ? 

i never thought this game will get new players

What do you think about the first time you join to this game ?

it was good?

The first matches were pretty rough, because I joined FFA rooms which I associated with more of a chill/casual time from other games.. 

Then after watching some people play and talking to them.. I have gone over to copying loadouts and adjusting them to my playstyle..

The struggle is big and I can understand why most new people that potentially joined at release didn't wanna bother with it.

The fair share of toxic chat isn't helping the game either.