General Discussion

Forum Suggestions

Fritzis

*I am strictly dedicating this topic to the improvement of the forum and is not related whatsoever to the MV gaming experience.*

Hello! 

With Forum Moderators being around the corner, I am bringing some thoughts and ideas that hopefully will improve the forum experience for us all. Feel free to recommend any thoughts of your own regarding this and hopefully we will see some beneficial changes. 😄 

Without further ado, let's get to the bottom of this.

• News & Game Updates Category

Whilst this is already a forum category and pretty much self-explanatory, I suggest one more sub-category:

1. The usual errors sub-category

Here the Staff Team show how to fix some of the usual errors that people encounter with the client or throughout the game with conclusive steps.  

Some people are already experiencing some errors and can't even start the game. Finding solutions to this and sharing them with the community is an important step in the right direction.

• General Discussion Category 

This is the category where people should discuss any game-related topics. Here I suggest the following sub-categories:

1. The suggestions sub-category

People here can suggest anything that they believe it can lead to the improvement of some aspects of the game. Maybe the use of a template that can be easily followed so people can use it. I've created a mini-prototype for reference:

In your opinion, is there a problem? (optional):

What do you suggest?:

How does this benefit the game?:

Not the best, but a work in progress.😅

2. The bugs sub-category

People post here with the help of images/videos the bugs they encounter throughout the game.

3. The FAQs sub-category

Here the Staff Team can post the FAQs people have throught the MV experience and maybe some guides to some aspects of the game (example - how the new weapon system works/how to redeem a coupon etc.)

Besides these 3, there are the ones that are already on the forum - General Discussion and Recruitment which are great.

• Off-Topic Category

Yes, this should be a different category because we should keep separate the discussions related to the game and the discussions related to anything outside the game. This way the forum is more organized and people are not confused. 

1. The anything sub-category (pretty self explanatory)

2. The media sub-category

People can post here anything related to their streaming channels that promote MV, different videos, funny images etc. Basically, the media contributors 🙂

3. The Fan-Art sub-category (pretty self explanatory again)

• Others Category 

A category where people can post topics that cannot be included in none of the other categories/sub-categories.

• Other forum suggestions

- From what I've read, if you post a topic, you only have 5 minutes to edit. This, in my opinion, is a very short time and sometimes you need more time to edit something you wrote. I suggest modifying it to at least 15 minutes. 

- I suggest a Title scheme that people can achieve if they are active on the forum. For example, for 100 posts you become a Captain or a Private or something similar. For 200 posts a Lieutenant. Or something related to MicroVolts. A toy-private, a toy-captain etc. This will make people be more active on the forum. And if you participate in special Events and achieve top 3, you gain a specific title. Or you can gain specific titles by doing different stuff. 

This is just a prototype. If people like the idea, we can think of a better scheme and we will improve this idea.

-  Closing topics that are not discussed anymore and moving them to a closed section. Kind of an archive that people can access anytime, but they cannot add anymore comments. 

- A warning system for people that violate the Forum Rules. At 2 warnings, you will be permanently banned. 

For now, this would be my forum suggestions. Probably there will be more in the future. I will post any new idea that I have HERE, in this topic.

*Please feel free to also add your suggestions and thoughts. We are all here to bring this community in a better place, so let's make it a better place.*

• Like 2

Update:

- I later noticed that there is already a warning system, but only if you hover your mouse over the user's profile picture. Imo, the warning system should also be visible when you enter the user's profile

- You should be able to personalize your profile more (for ex. a signature or to write something about yourself)

- The forum should be always in English, but in the off-topic there should be a sub-category that allows people all over the world to talk in their own language.