General Discussion

Does someone know how to fix this?

NachoBlue

I downloaded Micro Volts today after YEARS because I was so excited to play it again. But sometimes I get this error and I don't know why. Can someone help me? 😭😭😭

IMG_20230919_021823.jpg

pixel_lamb_sparkle
❧Try closing Steam and logging in again.
❧Be careful if the antivirus or Windows firewall is interrupting a file, blocking it, etc.
❧On the other hand, go to Steam > MicroVolts > Right click > Properties > Installed files > Verify integrity of game files.
❧ Repair system files: command prompt > sfc /scannow (search on Google for command list).
❧ Disable extensions from Microsoft Edge or from another browser if you use it.
❧ Update drivers/windows updates.

🌹-Meluglitter_heart

On 9/18/2023 at 9:47 PM, NachoBlue said:

I downloaded Micro Volts today after YEARS because I was so excited to play it again. But sometimes I get this error and I don't know why. Can someone help me? 😭😭😭

pixel_lamb_sparkle
If the solution mentioned before this post works for you, I would like to know.
If none of them worked, I invite you to contact support by entering the official page, and sending the respective screenshots.
Greetings.

🌹-Meluglitter_heart

20 hours ago, Jenny said:

Same bro 😞

pixel_lamb_sparkle
If the solution mentioned before this post works for you, I would like to know.
If none of them worked, I invite you to contact support by entering the official page, and sending the respective screenshots.
Greetings.

🌹-Meluglitter_heart

I have never seen this crash before, but I can recommend you to try these general steps (some are already mentioned by Melu).

Before you do anything, reboot your PC. Restarting your PC can do wonders.

Start by reinstalling the game but make sure to delete all leftover files from the game folder before you reinstall the game (located in "Steam\steamapps\common\MicroVolts".)

Do you have any other drive available? Try to install it on another drive. Here's how to do it (taken from the steam support site)

1. Navigate to your Steam client 'Settings' menu.
  2. Select the 'Storage' tab.
  3. From here, you can view your default installation drive, as well as creating a new path by selecting the '+' button at the top.
  4. Once you have created the new path, all future installations can be installed there.
  5. If you wish to move existing games without having to uninstall them, please see the instructions below.

If the problem still persists, try these steps (these are in no particular order):

1. Update Windows - are you using Windows XP, 7, Vista or 8(.1)? These operating systems are not updated anymore. Make sure to upgrade to either Windows 10 or Windows 11 to make sure your PC has the newest security updates and functionallities.

2. Update all drivers, not just your GPU driver.

3. Check Windows for corrupt files using cmd.

1. Start command prompt as an administrator by searching "command prompt" in your search bar
  2. Copy and paste this text:
    1. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    2. When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.
  3. Copy and paste this text:
    1. sfc /scannow
    2. The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy
  4. You may have to restart your PC afterwards - check the text in the command prompt when the scan is finished. Please note that this can take a long time.

4. Check your HDD or SSD for errors. Open Windows Explorer (= File Explorer) --> right click on the drive where Windows and/or MicroVolts is installed --> Properties --> Tools --> here you can check your drive for errors. In addition, you can also defrag your HDD. Please note, that it is not necessary to defrag SSDs and it is not necessarily recommended to do so.

5. Are you using an antivirus program? If so, make sure it does not block any MicroVolts related file.

I hope your problem gets fixed as soon as possible.