General Discussion

Who taught you how to swap?

Doll

Who taught you how to swap in Microvolts? I remember sitting in PVC Factory with an old friend of mine before Square Mode existed, and trying to swap with a shotgun til I eventually got it right! I kept playing hours and hours in open games and swapped til my fingers cracked.ย ๐Ÿคญย 

The YouTube video tutorial name was "Kumo - Wavestep tutorial" captured on PVC, I used to pause it and practice till it worked once, then afterwards I got the rhythm. I have mentioned in my review that they need to add some sort of video or tutorial in game mentioning this to new players.

Edited by HyperHawk
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, HyperHawk said:

The YouTube video tutorial name was "Kumo - Wavestep tutorial" captured on PVC, I used to pause it and practice till it worked once, then afterwards I got the rhythm. I have mentioned in my review that they need to add some sort of video or tutorial in game mentioning this to new players.

That's adorable, very thoughtful of you โค๏ธย 

I played TW HAVE in 2008 or 2009 and watched a Chinese player named 'Him' (Same name on MicroVolts, played occasionally) on that server do it. There was usually only 1 room open as PVC Factory FFA with ~8 players in it so I got to see it plenty. Rebound my keys, copied it, and then brought it to MicroVolts Closed Beta a year or so later to win the first couple tournaments under the name TreasoN.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Doll said:

It's adorable that you guys still remember their usernames

Lol, in fact last week was the first time I talked to him since 2013 or so.ย 

8 minutes ago, dso-_- said:

Lol, in fact last week was the first time I talked to him since 2013 or so.ย 

that's so cool! I reconnected with an old friend of mine a year ago, it was surreal

22 hours ago, KURUKURUKURUKURUKURU said:

I played TW HAVE in 2008 or 2009 and watched a Chinese player named 'Him' (Same name on MicroVolts, played occasionally) on that server do it. There was usually only 1 room open as PVC Factory FFA with ~8 players in it so I got to see it plenty. Rebound my keys, copied it, and then brought it to MicroVolts Closed Beta a year or so later to win the first couple tournaments under the name TreasoN.

ย 

Holy pog it's TreasoN!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An old friend of mine that i know in real life. Remember he would smack me each time I messed it up.

Glad he is not around to smack me anymore, otherwise he would still have reason to do it sometimes!

• Like 1

I'm not sure I learned it really from anyone, if anything it would've been Yuki's old YouTube guide. Doesn't really help that I still swap with 1-7 to this day so I more or less just heard about the mechanic and picked it up myself. Cool to hear everyone's stories though, also seeing TreasoN here was quite a shock, legendย ๐Ÿฅฒ

4 hours ago, SpectralWolfeh said:

Through some old friends and observation of other players, can't do it anymore sadly due to hand condition.

ย 

Aw I'm sorry to hear that

Still remember a player reaching out after realizing i couldn't swap and didnt even knew what it was. Then he taught me how to do it. I think his name was RicardoPT or something like that. I'm not sure because it was such a long time ago