General Discussion

The math on new EXP Required to level up with our new stacking increments of 500 [Shocking] [Image]

mIKA-

As you can see with increments of 500, the early levels might seem like easy to progress from, but as you level up you quickly start getting into obscene amounts of EXP.

Leveling from 100 to 300 would require you about the amount of EXP you'd need to get to level 90 on Surge. (Which only a few players got to legitimately in whole of it's lifespan.

Leveling to 400 becomes virtually impossible. With each segment of 10 levels requiring over 1 million experience and still scaling up.

In this sense levels 300 to 400 would take more experience than 0 to 300.

The idea of infinite levels needs to be suplemented with SET AMOUNT OF EXP to level up. Good number I'd say would be around 10k. This will easily let people scaling into infinity over longer periods of time. (Getting to 1000 would still take you 9 million exp). Thanks.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'll always prefer the original system.

I personally, don't feel any prestige, even being level 500 or something.

• Like 2

I don't see a reason for this infinite leveling system in the first place, levels 0-100 are already pointless and I don't understand why they chose to do that. Having such a large range of levels feels like there's no meaning to any of them, they definitely should just go back and set people's levels based upon how much XP players have, using a leveling "rate". They could make every single level like 5000 XP if they want it to be infinite, people would level up far slower within levels 0-100 as compared to now, but reaching levels higher than 100 would still be obtainable even into the 500+ range if you're a dedicated player who plans to stick with the game for a long time. As of right now, at this rate, they've currently implemented 1000 levels I believe, which nobody will ever reach even level 500 at this rate. I can't imagine seeing what a four digit level would look like in game, I feel like it would be terrible honestly.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Volt said:

I don't see a reason for this infinite leveling system in the first place, levels 0-100 are already pointless and I don't understand why they chose to do that. Having such a large range of levels feels like there's no meaning to any of them, they definitely should just go back and set people's levels based upon how much XP players have, using a leveling "rate". They could make every single level like 5000 XP if they want it to be infinite, people would level up far slower within levels 0-100 as compared to now, but reaching levels higher than 100 would still be obtainable even into the 500+ range if you're a dedicated player who plans to stick with the game for a long time. As of right now, at this rate, they've currently implemented 1000 levels I believe, which nobody will ever reach even level 500 at this rate. I can't imagine seeing what a four digit level would look like in game, I feel like it would be terrible honestly.

Exactly! That's what I've been saying xD

I think It's all about inclusivity. Simplifying early-level progression can attract a wider player base, including newcomers to gaming or the genre (specially kids). This ensures that more players can enjoy the game without feeling overwhelmed.

6 minutes ago, failer said:

I think It's all about inclusivity. Simplifying early-level progression can attract a wider player base, including newcomers to gaming or the genre (specially kids). This ensures that more players can enjoy the game without feeling overwhelmed.

That's a fair take, makes sense too. I just wish the rewards were more enticing as it progressed.

9 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's a fair take, makes sense too. I just wish the rewards were more enticing as it progressed.

I'm not necessarily saying it was the optimal choice, but given that it's the development team's decision, there are likely valid reasons behind it. I do wonder, however, if retaining a 'normal' level scaling system might have been more beneficial