General Discussion

I still don't get the new weapon system 🥴

ChillyCapy

When I played the 3rd closed beta test I thought it was a placeholder to hide the shop weapons of the final version from us, but this braindead system still going on during the open beta official release. It doesn't make any sense, we have more than enough weapons available to distribute stats.

On ALL MV versions, we had:

• Mimic: fastest option but lacks in power;
  • Pound: balanced option;
  • Pocket Rocket: powerful option, but lacks in firing rate and ammo;

The same goes for all other weapons but Masang thought it wasn't balanced enough and decided to change (fun fact: no one has ever complained about MP/ADV weapons).

Right now in the shop we have 3*3 weapons, being:

• Sting Ray/Pocket Rocket/Pound type A: Same as default weapon;
  • Sting Ray/Pocket Rocket/Pound type B: -Firing Rate/+Bullet Speed
  • Sting Ray/Pocket Rocket/Pound type C : -Firing Rate/-Ammo/+Power/+Blast Radius/+Bullet Speed

I don't see a problem with the stat change, but why give all weapons 3 different versions that are THE SAME as others when you could distribute each stat for each weapon? That's so stupid, messy and polluted. 🥴

For example: 

• Sting Ray: Same as default weapon;
  • Pound: -Firing Rate/+Bullet Speed
  • Pocket Rocket: -Firing Rate/-Ammo/+Power/+Blast Radius/+Bullet Speed

It's not that hard, it's just basic logic. Also, it just doesn't burn away the reason of having different weapon designs but also makes it easy for new players to identify what are the meta weapons so they don't throw their mp away getting a bad weapon since they are expansive.

Edited by ChillyCapy
  • Like 2

I agree but for a different reason and in a different way.

Making everything reskins is fine imo.

But they should name things more intuitively than just ABCD.

Think like Team Fortress 2, they have the Rocket Launcher, and they have The Direct Hit.

It makes it extremely obvious and more memorable what the differences are.

I think they could do that for the "default" weapons, exactly like you mentioned, but then for nice looking skins you would want to be able to choose what it's a skin for with whichever stats you want.

• Like 3

They did this because of the skin options...

Makes sense having a system like that. The naming is indeed bad.

At the moment you have a 20€ yellow skin of each weapon, it doesn't make sense, but it's there.

Agreeing with MicroData, I would say that having a naming system that specifies the category of weapons that we are using is better.

I love that you can actually choose what you get on the capsule.

Idea

The variants could be easily put the same way that the clothes are done.

So, you can buy whatever weapon you want, but the first upgrade would be the deciding factor, making it have the stats of the ABCD variants!
Then you can just keep upgrading until level 10 like it was on microvolts back then.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ChillyCapy said:

When I played the 3rd closed beta test I thought it was a placeholder to hide the shop weapons of the final version from us, but this braindead system still going on during the open beta official release. It doesn't make any sense, we have more than enough weapons available to distribute stats.

On ALL MV versions, we had:

• Pound: balanced option;
  • Pocket Rocket: powerful option, but lacks in firing rate and ammo;

The same goes for all other weapons but Masang thought it wasn't balanced enough and decided to change (fun fact: no one has ever complained about MP/ADV weapons).

Right now in the shop we have 3*3 weapons, being:

• Sting Ray/Pocket Rocket/Pound type A: Same as default weapon;
  • Sting Ray/Pocket Rocket/Pound type B: -Firing Rate/+Bullet Speed
  • Sting Ray/Pocket Rocket/Pound type C : -Firing Rate/-Ammo/+Power/+Blast Radius/+Bullet Speed

I don't see a problem with the stat change, but why give all weapons 3 different versions that are THE SAME as others when you could distribute each stat for each weapon? That's so stupid, messy and polluted. 🥴

For example: 

• Sting Ray: Same as default weapon;
  • Pound: -Firing Rate/+Bullet Speed
  • Pocket Rocket: -Firing Rate/-Ammo/+Power/+Blast Radius/+Bullet Speed

It's not that hard, it's just basic logic. Also, it just doesn't burn away the reason of having different weapon designs but also makes it easy for new players to identify what are the meta weapons so they don't throw their mp away getting a bad weapon since they are expansive.

I agree with you, i find it a little bit messy and useless.

I was in the shop, and it looks full of items, as the slate hammer serie, but actually it's just a mess of the same weapons.

I don't mind the ABC system although, i would prefer that capsule items had their own unique stats, which don't have to be overpowered at all, just unique.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MicroData said:

But they should name things more intuitively than just ABCD.

Think like Team Fortress 2, they have the Rocket Launcher, and they have The Direct Hit.

It makes it extremely obvious and more memorable what the differences are.

I think they could do that for the "default" weapons, exactly like you mentioned, but then for nice looking skins you would want to be able to choose what it's a skin for with whichever stats you want.

I don't remember how they deal with it on TF, but ngl, I'm not a big fan of all weapons having the same stats. For me, it's very important to have this easy and fast visual feedback to know what's my foe's playstyle. 

BUT, I think they could improve it by making each weapon have a default option, speed, and power in different colors like green, blue, and red. At least for the MP weapons, I still don't know how they're dealing with the capsule weapons tho. They could even make the special versions RT only, wich is better than how they are treating the ADV weapons. 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, vav said:

I love that you can actually choose what you get on the capsule.

Idea

The variants could be easily put the same way that the clothes are done.

So, you can buy whatever weapon you want, but the first upgrade would be the deciding factor, making it have the stats of the ABCD variants!
Then you can just keep upgrading until level 10 like it was on microvolts back then.  

That would be great too! TBH the new way they're doing with the parts capsule is the only thing I genually loved. The parts capsule by itself is kinda scammy, build a set with the same color/stat was impossible back then (8 parts x 2 colors x 2 stats = 32 different items). 🤡

9 hours ago, Davi said:

I agree with you, i find it a little bit messy and useless.

I was in the shop, and it looks full of items, as the slate hammer serie, but actually it's just a mess of the same weapons.

I don't mind the ABC system although, i would prefer that capsule items had their own unique stats, which don't have to be overpowered at all, just unique.

I had the same experience, I felt so overwelmed until I understood they're all the same. Now imagine new players who aren't even familiar with the UI shopping for a new weapon? Make it simple.

Edited by ChillyCapy
witch = wich

nahhhhhh current system is fine for competitive gameplay, if they start adding unique status for capsule weapon and shop weapons, shit will be full of gatekeep for new players. they should just do a better way of chosing the status u want for the weapon, like not having to buy weapon A, B or C but buying one single weapon and choosing the status through the tune system or something.

It is also better for skin personalization, imagine i want to use determined skin but i don't like its stats... ? Current system is just better.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ChillyCapy said:

BUT, I think they could improve it by making each weapon have a default option, speed, and power in different colors like green, blue, and red. At least for the MP weapons, I still don't know how they're dealing with the capsule weapons tho. They could even make the special versions RT only, wich is better than how they are treating the ADV weapons. 🤷‍♂️

Yes! That is a great idea!

Making each type of weapon shoot a different color! 

Attack speed = blue
Power = red
Ammo = green

Sniper D = 🤡

• Like 2

I would love more if it was like what you said:

• Pound: balanced option;
  • Pocket Rocket: powerful option, but lacks in firing rate and ammo

•  

and then all the capsule and rt weapons to have same stats like:

• mimic = anamatron
  • pound = electromagnetic ds
  • pocket rocket = potato prime

all based on the basic mp weapons, it wasn’t that hard to keep this mechanism with all weapons, because the all sets have gold, silver and bronze version of weapons. Would be more balanced and less confusing tbh

29 minutes ago, Koenigsegg said:

I would love more if it was like what you said:

• Pound: balanced option;
  • Pocket Rocket: powerful option, but lacks in firing rate and ammo

•  

and then all the capsule and rt weapons to have same stats like:

• mimic = anamatron
  • pound = electromagnetic ds
  • pocket rocket = potato prime

all based on the basic mp weapons, it wasn’t that hard to keep this mechanism with all weapons, because the all sets have gold, silver and bronze version of weapons. Would be more balanced and less confusing tbh

That is extremely confusing....

• Like 1

Gold/silver/bronze doesn't tell me anything about the weapon.

I think this is best explained with a more full example.

Examples:

A- Melee (Speed)

B- Melee (Range)

C- Melee (Power)

A- Sniper (Quick Reload)

B- Sniper (Power Double Scope)

C- Sniper (Triple Shot)

D- Sniper (Power Single Scope)

A- Bazooka (Firing Rate)

B- Bazooka (Bullet Speed)

C- Bazooka (Power)

A- Rifle (Overall)

B- Rifle (Power)

C- Rifle (Firing Rate)

Use the shortest possible description that explains in simple terms what's different about it.

All reskins would just use the same name scheme here next to their name.

There's a missed business opportunity for the devs too. Say I win a rare one-of-a-kind melee from the capsules... but I accidentally make it Type B- Ranged. They could totally sell us an item to change its weapon type so we don't have to hope we can win a copy of it from the gacha...

Edited by MicroData