General Discussion

[Poll] Current view on weapon balance?

Tanooki

Weapon Balance  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the current weapon balance?

• Love it
    • Like it
    • Neutral
    • Dislike it
    • Hate it

I feel like the weapon balance is pretty solid since every weapon is the same, but at the same time some variations are kind of pointless (D snipers are pretty much the best snipers, runspeed melees provide barely any runspeed bonus at all, etc). I feel like the variations should have stronger effects for their playstyles, but I don't mean more power I just mean more of their "niche" effects, like more runspeed for runspeed melees (cant stress this enough, getting into gunfights feels pretty slow now). Also MGs are insanely strong now which is pretty weird.

But that's my 2 cents, what about you guys? Any weapons (A, B, C, D) feeling like they need buffs / nerfs?

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Honestly dont feel like there's any reason to not pick e.g. power sniper og meele. Oneshotting someone is too goddamm op than to pick some of the other ones. Nerfing it would be a pain, but buffing the other side to give for example snipers that doesent oneshot way faster reloading and zoom speed could be nice

• Like 1

Overall, I like the gun system that have. None are crazy OP but its pretty obvious there are ones that are liked compared to other ones. If you mean like them increasing the effects of ALL the variants than maybe yeah. At some point though it would become different enough gameplay that it may just do more harm than good depending on how much more we talk about.

MG's are just stupid good honestly. Definitely think there needs to be some changes for that.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Scarecity said:

Overall, I like the gun system that have. None are crazy OP but its pretty obvious there are ones that are liked compared to other ones. If you mean like them increasing the effects of ALL the variants than maybe yeah. At some point though it would become different enough gameplay that it may just do more harm than good depending on how much more we talk about.

MG's are just stupid good honestly. Definitely think there needs to be some changes for that.

Yeah I just wish there was less of a meta and more of "play your own style". Granted you still can pick anything and do very well, but you'll be at a slight  disadvantage if you aren't picking the best weapon versions.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah I just wish there was less of a meta and more of "play your own style". Granted you still can pick anything and do very well, but you'll be at a slight  disadvantage if you aren't picking the best weapon versions.

I feel like this should always be the goal, imagine how cool it would be to say like "yeah that guy's crazy with the MG", that'd be so cool to me lol. I feel like there will always be an ideal option when it comes to variants and upgrades, but getting it as close as possible power level wise would be great. I'd love a rifle that's slow shooting but accurate, with high damage, rewarding well placed shots, or the "multi-shot" sniper be a solid option, although I'm not sure if that's even possible without making it broken lol.

30 minutes ago, Volt said:

I feel like this should always be the goal, imagine how cool it would be to say like "yeah that guy's crazy with the MG", that'd be so cool to me lol. I feel like there will always be an ideal option when it comes to variants and upgrades, but getting it as close as possible power level wise would be great. I'd love a rifle that's slow shooting but accurate, with high damage, rewarding well placed shots, or the "multi-shot" sniper be a solid option, although I'm not sure if that's even possible without making it broken lol.

Reminds me of when we actually had arms race weapons you could get unlimited. Fun times.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Reminds me of when we actually had arms race weapons you could get unlimited. Fun times.

Oh yeah. I really wouldn't mind them experimenting with items you can get that have unique stats that differ from the regular variants. With previous versions of Microvolts having literally like a thousand different weapons, it was basically impossible to balance. Although if we just had even like a handful release per year, maybe like 4, it would be very interesting. One per large event or major update, I could come up with loads of unique weapons, with a bit of tinkering you could balance them very well too. Would be really cool to see like "Popper [Unique]" or something, would be a really good use for coupons too.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

Oh yeah. I really wouldn't mind them experimenting with items you can get that have unique stats that differ from the regular variants. With previous versions of Microvolts having literally like a thousand different weapons, it was basically impossible to balance. Although if we just had even like a handful release per year, maybe like 4, it would be very interesting. One per large event or major update, I could come up with loads of unique weapons, with a bit of tinkering you could balance them very well too. Would be really cool to see like "Popper [Unique]" or something, would be a really good use for coupons too.

Yeah I really miss coupons...

• Like 1