General Discussion

[Issue Megathread] Troubleshooting thread for being unable to launch the game through Steam.

Ahri

I made this thread in hopes of the community being able to work together to figure out why the game refuses to launch on Steam for a LOT of people.

There are likely hundreds of users with this issue considering that we have about 2-3 dozen confirmed cases and most people don't make a post online when they run into an issue, they just quit.

Here is my hardware and steps I've tried to reproduce through:

1. RTX 3090 (Latest Drivers)
  2. i9-13900k (Latest Bios)
  3. 64 GB DDR5 (3600 MHz)
  4. Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (22H2 22621.2134)
  5. 3840x2160 144hz Monitor.
  6. Logitech Mouse & Keyboard with "G-Hub" software installed.

Steps I have tried to resolve the issue with:

• Re-installed the game through Steam.
  • Cleared the "Download Cache" of Steam and installing the game from a different regions download server (located in EU, also tried downloading from NA servers).
  • Tried installing onto 4 separate drives between each re-installation attempt.
  • Ran the "Verify Game Files" option on Steam.
  • Closed most of background tasks and other applications.
  • Restarted my PC several times.
  • Manually re-installed all DirectX versions from 9.0 to 12.X
  • Added the game as an exception to Windows Defender (my only anti-virus)
  • Disabled Windows Defender entirely through Windows Registry.
  • Updated GPU drivers and tried both Studio and Game-Ready drivers from nVidia.
  • I have tried starting the game directly from Microvolts.exe rather than Steam as well. Same result.
  • Disabled Bluetooth (to avoid potential Xigncode issues).
  • Uninstalled other games using Xigncode.
  • Made sure that none of the game files are blocked by Windows or read-only.
  • I have tried every single option in the "Compatability" tab of the Microvolts.exe properties tab (individually one at a time).

Just to test different hardware, my Macbook Pro 2022 using Bootcamp into Windows was able to download and run the game succesfully on Windows 10 Pro.

ulog.png

ulog2.png

Untitled.png

Edited by Ahri
added images

I am also experiencing the same issue but my error log is different image.png.5683d211c6cc2b91f2704736535bafe4.png
Taken all the same steps and even tried running on 3 different systems all running different os and with different specs only to receive the same issue. and running the program as admin, even attempted to launch from folder and command prompt

Update:

I have verified that this is NOT a software issue (in regards to what you have installed on your PC.)
This is an issue with Microvolts not supporting modern hardware.

My proof is that I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 x64 Pro (note in the post above I was using my usual Windows 11 Install). With an entirely fresh install of Windows, using a different version of Windows, the exact same issue arises.

Looking through the Discord and making connections between the issues that people have, it appears this issue only plagues the 12 and 13 series of Intel CPU's + 7XXX series of AMD CPU's.

It is HIGHLY likely this is caused by the game not supporting either DDR5 ram, or certain motherboard features that are mandatory with recent windows updates (fTPM) for example.

I am now without a doubt certain that this is an issue the developers need to fix, this is not something the consumer, even highly technical ones, can solve.
It appears that the developers refuse to acknowledge this is an issue so I am doubtful we will ever see a resolution for this.

• Like 1

Hello,

The game is just released and can be some bugs like that. Until now, the team did not gave an answer. Don't forget there is an upcoming maintenance on Tuesday, 12 September. Everything will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks for patience,

Remus

Same for me i have I9 13900K, 32 DDR5 and rtx 4070,the game doesn't even launch.
Someone said that this issue existed since 4 months ago from beta,and they still didn't fix it. This is a priority issue that should be solved asap.

On my other PC with i7 7700 1660 super it runs flawlesly

5 hours ago, ValiPolarBear2 said:

Same for me i have I9 13900K, 32 DDR5 and rtx 4070,the game doesn't even launch.
Someone said that this issue existed since 4 months ago from beta,and they still didn't fix it. This is a priority issue that should be solved asap.

On my other PC with i7 7700 1660 super it runs flawlesly

I feel like the just don't care about that small percentage of ppl that have 12th 13th gen and/or ddr5 RAM if this issue has been out there for this many months already. I see it as the OP we probably won't get a fix for that because they mention bug fixes all the time but this one never appeared.

I truly hope we're too pessimistic and they'll patch it soon

hello, i have the same problem , these are my pc specs: rtx4090 , i9 13900k , 32 gb ddr5 ram , OS WINDOWS 11 PRO , people say in the discord group that the problem is an incompatibility through the cpu , ram and OS , hope develpoer will solve this problem

Hey, found an actual solution (worked for me anyway):

1) Open steam 

2) Open the Task Manager

3) Under the Details tab search for steam.exe

4) Right click and select "Set affinity"

5) Tick off 8 cores (i did top to bottom ones, no idea if it matters)

6) Open the game

7) ???

😎 Profit

P.S. change it back when you're done playing microvolts, just so shit doesn't break

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, TheHolyCow said:

1) Open steam 

2) Open the Task Manager

6) Open the game

7) ???

😎 Profit

P.S. change it back when you're done playing microvolts, just so shit doesn't break

Holy shit you are a genius it worked.

7 hours ago, TheHolyCow said:

1) Open steam 

2) Open the Task Manager

6) Open the game

7) ???

😎 Profit

What can happen if I don't toggle it on again? I'm not willing to break my CPU for this game 💀

9 minutes ago, Bunsi said:

What can happen if I don't toggle it on again? I'm not willing to break my CPU for this game 💀

I googled it and it's safe and fixed the problem for me as well. Thank you very much TheHolyCow may god bless you ❤️

2 hours ago, Bunsi said:

PS: I tabbed out of the game it crashed and now it's not working anymore ☺️

try ticking off less cores? maybe you turned off too many

2 hours ago, Bunsi said:

probably the worst would be performance issues in other games, i don't see this breaking too much.

Also found out that ticking off only 1 core worked aswell, so play with it and figure out what works for you

2 hours ago, TheHolyCow said:

try ticking off less cores? maybe you turned off too many

probably the worst would be performance issues in other games, i don't see this breaking too much.

Also found out that ticking off only 1 core worked aswell, so play with it and figure out what works for you

I tried a few other combinations now and it unfortunately doesn't work for me anymore 😕 
PS: I hope you don't mind that I mentioned your possible solution in another thread

15 hours ago, Bunsi said:

I tried a few other combinations now and it unfortunately doesn't work for me anymore 😕 
PS: I hope you don't mind that I mentioned your possible solution in another thread

I don't mind at all, feel free to share.

Rip, i guess the only thing you can try is reinstalling the game. Otherwise i'm out of clever ideas