General Discussion

Game won't launch... help ? :(

Elody

Hi, i downloaded the game, i've been waiting for quite some time now, and on steam , i click play, my profile becomes green for a second, like when the game launches, and turns back blue almost immediately, and the play button appears again... i've tried the file checking, changing the disk, reinstalling Nvidia PhysX, Direct X9, can't seem to do much more, sadly. Would someone have a solution i could try ? :(

Some possibilities that I can think of that you haven't stated already, is check your firewalls, see if it got caught by your antivirus. I have noticed after further looking into it, it is a problem that a few people are facing. As dumb as it sounds if you haven't already, restarted steam and/or your computer. 

As of this time can't think of much else that could be causing it. Were you ever asked to grant permission to anything and if not, it is possible that may have something to do with it.

• Like 1

Sadly, taking my firewall off does not help, and i tried reinstalling and restarting the computer also, just seems i won't be able to play :s

" For people being unable to launch the game through steam (Play button doesn't do anything). I'm sorry to tell you that there is nothing you can do to solve it. Microvolts doesn't support certain hardware apparently. I have a very extensive troubleshooting thread on the forums and the conclusion I arrived at (through attempting several fresh installations of different versions of Windows) is that the game is seemingly incompatible with certain hardware combinations such as 13000 series intel CPU's with DDR5 ram. o7 to the rest of you out there having this issue, we're probably never going to get this solved. Developers are refusing to acknowledge this is an actual issue that has existed for 4+ months since last beta. "

Found this, for those it can help, it seems there's no fix yet. Have fun Microvolters ! :p

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Elody said:

" For people being unable to launch the game through steam (Play button doesn't do anything). I'm sorry to tell you that there is nothing you can do to solve it. Microvolts doesn't support certain hardware apparently. I have a very extensive troubleshooting thread on the forums and the conclusion I arrived at (through attempting several fresh installations of different versions of Windows) is that the game is seemingly incompatible with certain hardware combinations such as 13000 series intel CPU's with DDR5 ram. o7 to the rest of you out there having this issue, we're probably never going to get this solved. Developers are refusing to acknowledge this is an actual issue that has existed for 4+ months since last beta. "

Found this, for those it can help, it seems there's no fix yet. Have fun Microvolters ! 😛

Yo what's your discord, I wanna see if I can help you

36 minutes ago, Elody said:

Both 🙂

Hey, someone on the Forum found a solution which I think you should try as well

Huge shoutout to TheHolyCow

Hey, found an actual solution (worked for me anyway):

1) Open steam 

2) Open the Task Manager

3) Under the Details tab search for steam.exe

4) Right click and select "Set affinity"

5) Tick off 8 cores (i did top to bottom ones, no idea if it matters)

6) Open the game

7) ???

😎 Profit

P.S. change it back when you're done playing microvolts, just so shit doesn't break

• Thanks 2
17 hours ago, Bunsi said:

1) Open steam 

2) Open the Task Manager

6) Open the game

7) ???

😎 Profit

P.S. change it back when you're done playing microvolts, just so shit doesn't break

It's helped me Thanks. Now i can play

• Thanks 1
  • 7 months later...
On 9/11/2023 at 3:48 AM, Bunsi said:

1) Open steam 

2) Open the Task Manager

6) Open the game

7) ???

😎 Profit

Made an account just so I can say that WORKS. (i9 13900k with DDR4 ram in my case)

• Like 1