General Discussion

This game is doomed to death

ChillyCapy

This CBT is terrible, there is nothing in here that justifies 6 years of development. Same UI, same performance, same mechanics, same weapons and same cash grab system. What surprises me more is the audacity to use "RT" for the in-game cash currency. lol (Rock Hippo = Rock Tokens). They have no idea what Microvolts is, what makes it fun or whatever, the only thing they were brieffed was about the game balance (which they're still failing to solve too).

I wasn't able to play the previous beta tests but god, this is the THIRD version and there's NOTHING new, it's actually worse. How's that even possible? It doesn't feel like a fresh version, it's like that old photo box we all have hidden somewhere that smells like mold. You open it to revisit the past but 30min later closes cause you're getting allergic.

I started playing MV in late 2012 so I've seen a lot. The cash system in Microvolts just doesn't work anymore, not for this type of game and they should have done their homework because we have A LOT of alternatives nowadays.

Microvolts only salvation was if Epic/Valve bought it, sadly we got Masang instead. I give this game a lifespan of 3 years max, RockHippo had its flaws but for a long time, they knew what they were doing. Don't waste your money here once the game is released.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, KaiMV said:

Instead of holding a hateful speech, add suggestions.

Expressing dissatisfaction is valid criticism. They literally listed what they don't like about the game. How is any of this hate speech (rhetorical question, it isn't). They're valid in saying masangsoft isn't doing the best because (as of making this post) it's a fact. 

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 4

I would say they re making progress. At this point it is better than it was. From patch to patch, I have good vibes to think it will be better. If not... well - we have other games. I do know that game development isnt easy. It also not justify lack of communication we didnt have earlier but im actually positive to think: it will make out good or even very good 🙂

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Expressing dissatisfaction is valid criticism. They literally listed what they don't like about the game. How is any of this hate speech (rhetorical question, it isn't). They're valid in saying masangsoft isn't doing the best because (as of making this post) it's a fact. 

They're literally better than NQ. 

On 7/29/2023 at 8:24 PM, ChillyCapy said:

This CBT is terrible, there is nothing in here that justifies 6 years of development. Same UI, same performance, same mechanics, same weapons and same cash grab system. What surprises me more is the audacity to use "RT" for the in-game cash currency. lol (Rock Hippo = Rock Tokens). They have no idea what Microvolts is, what makes it fun or whatever, the only thing they were brieffed was about the game balance (which they're still failing to solve too).

I wasn't able to play the previous beta tests but god, this is the THIRD version and there's NOTHING new, it's actually worse. How's that even possible? It doesn't feel like a fresh version, it's like that old photo box we all have hidden somewhere that smells like mold. You open it to revisit the past but 30min later closes cause you're getting allergic.

I started playing MV in late 2012 so I've seen a lot. The cash system in Microvolts just doesn't work anymore, not for this type of game and they should have done their homework because we have A LOT of alternatives nowadays.

Microvolts only salvation was if Epic/Valve bought it, sadly we got Masang instead. I give this game a lifespan of 3 years max, RockHippo had its flaws but for a long time, they knew what they were doing. Don't waste your money here once the game is released.

It hasn't been 6 years of development. I'm pretty sure it's been a low priority project for Masangsoft for like 2 1/2 - 3 years, and only recently (the past year maybe?) have they increased dedication to working on the game. It's a small team that's been slowly expanding over time. Their betas are confusing, but they have more than enough resources and knowledge to make this game good, they're dedicated to that. There's almost no actual criticism or feedback in this post, best not to post when you're upset, it's a waste of time.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Volt said:

It hasn't been 6 years of development. I'm pretty sure it's been a low priority project for Masangsoft for like 2 1/2 - 3 years, and only recently (the past year maybe?) have they increased dedication to working on the game. It's a small team that's been slowly expanding over time. Their betas are confusing, but they have more than enough resources and knowledge to make this game good, they're dedicated to that. There's almost no actual criticism or feedback in this post, best not to post when you're upset, it's a waste of time.

Thanks for keeping a positive mind dude. I need that with all the hate going around on Discord etc.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Volt said:

They worked on it back in 2018/19 since they were posting some news that really hinted that they were close to launch then there was a long stretch of silence.

I can see why people are angry and im not surprised the game has turned into something that no old player would want to play since it just doesnt feel like microvolts anymore and no new player would want to play long term because its complex movement and nature isnt taught to the poor newbie. They are trying to do as little work on the game hence why they only want a select few weapons per category since that would be easier to implement. Funny how this aproach has forced them to have 3 closed betas that all kinda went nowhere and had very few people happy. On the bright side things have gotten slightly better with the latest beta.

15 hours ago, Volt said:

This comment right here - on the right track.

I think a lot of people forget how long the process of negotiating intellectual property actually takes as there's a need of an equal agreement from both parties, there may be clauses which we aren't aware of in terms of what Masangsoft can and cannot do, not only, but once finalised that it may take a while to find the right candidates for employment in various departments - such as frontend and backend. It could also be that these are not new employees at all and they're just using the existing ones from their current games to work on another project, making their time limited. Yes, quite time inefficient, but definitely money efficient. Followed by finding an appropriate business model to deliver it in on top of researching the game layout and brainstorming coherent ideas. It can be super time consuming. Fret not I haven't forgotten about the priority list this project may have been on (definitely super low, and I still think its fairly low).

There are other factors at hand as well, for instance the amount of old players they didn't expect and I'm sure this question has come across in one of their meetings ''Do we allow previously existing accounts (in the MVS version) to migrate to MVR?'' - some companies actually allow this to happen because they're great at inventing ways of making some of the money they're technically losing, back. They'd also have to keep us, oldies, pretty entertained through multiple ways - especially new content - because we're the ones losing the most, not new players, even if one could say our time has passed and we should let it on to the new generations (though I'm sure they're aiming for the younger target audience  (12+) ). Nonetheless, it would just beg the question on how well they'd be able to deliver that. 

I'm really curious as to what new content there can be delivered, since everything that they've showed us so far has existed previously in some form or another; or was discussed and never made; or should've been in the game a long time ago (a great example of this is the Replay System - happy for it, honestly). Releasing new parts won't be an issue at all, they can any time hire someone talented enough or take the easy route by simply doing a collaboration with a licensing party, which would be more efficient in the long term anyway. Though before any of this they need to address the major issues which have been talked about across the forum every single time, such as weapon balancing, bug fixes, resolution settings and pretty much the basics that were always a problem in MVS - some people don't want crazy new content but rather just fixes. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Volt said:

This is exactly what im trying to tell everyone too.. Yes it has been 6 years ago. But hat doesn't mean they have been working on it for 6 years.. 
'They had 6 years'....   It's just not how a company works. It's not a bunch of young individuals taking over a game with nothing else on their mind.

also completely agreed with what OConner said!

Edited by Flexouz
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Flexouz said:

This is exactly what im trying to tell everyone too.. Yes it has been 6 years ago. But hat doesn't mean they have been working on it for 6 years.. 
'They had 6 years'....   It's just not how a company works. It's not a bunch of young individuals taking over a game with nothing else on their mind.

also completely agreed with what OConner said!

Why you still defence this TRASH ? 

2 hours ago, OConnor said:

This comment right here - on the right track.

I think a lot of people forget how long the process of negotiating intellectual property actually takes as there's a need of an equal agreement from both parties, there may be clauses which we aren't aware of in terms of what Masangsoft can and cannot do, not only, but once finalised that it may take a while to find the right candidates for employment in various departments - such as frontend and backend. It could also be that these are not new employees at all and they're just using the existing ones from their current games to work on another project, making their time limited. Yes, quite time inefficient, but definitely money efficient. Followed by finding an appropriate business model to deliver it in on top of researching the game layout and brainstorming coherent ideas. It can be super time consuming. Fret not I haven't forgotten about the priority list this project may have been on (definitely super low, and I still think its fairly low).

There are other factors at hand as well, for instance the amount of old players they didn't expect and I'm sure this question has come across in one of their meetings ''Do we allow previously existing accounts (in the MVS version) to migrate to MVR?'' - some companies actually allow this to happen because they're great at inventing ways of making some of the money they're technically losing, back. They'd also have to keep us, oldies, pretty entertained through multiple ways - especially new content - because we're the ones losing the most, not new players, even if one could say our time has passed and we should let it on to the new generations (though I'm sure they're aiming for the younger target audience  (12+) ). Nonetheless, it would just beg the question on how well they'd be able to deliver that. 

I'm really curious as to what new content there can be delivered, since everything that they've showed us so far has existed previously in some form or another; or was discussed and never made; or should've been in the game a long time ago (a great example of this is the Replay System - happy for it, honestly). Releasing new parts won't be an issue at all, they can any time hire someone talented enough or take the easy route by simply doing a collaboration with a licensing party, which would be more efficient in the long term anyway. Though before any of this they need to address the major issues which have been talked about across the forum every single time, such as weapon balancing, bug fixes, resolution settings and pretty much the basics that were always a problem in MVS - some people don't want crazy new content but rather just fixes. 

Stop defence this company, look at their other games, they all died with low reviews of ppl 

1 hour ago, Baran01 said:

Stop defence this company, look at their other games, they all died with low reviews of ppl 

I'm not defending it?

I'm simply stating what are the reasons for their poor service for MVR. What part from that did you not get?

Anyway, why are you here? If you dislike them so much, why are you still bothering to look over the forum?

5 hours ago, Baran01 said:

Why you still defence this TRASH ? 

Just because we acknowledge facts doesn't mean that we are defending it. The team has been quite slow with development and their communication could be a lot better, it isn't perfect, but it's the only way we're ever going to see a high quality version of Microvolts be released (unless they sell it to another company). I understand they "let games die", but you've got to realize that they're still a business, they aren't losing money by choice, maybe they're attempting to drop other games off so they can work on games like Microvolts because they see that they have higher potential.

7 hours ago, OConnor said:

Well, they know how to add systems from other game versions which is a pretty good start, considering most had their own content. MVS never saw many things that other versions had, even bringing back content like that would be huge because most people have never seen it. The replay system for one is pretty impressive, if they can get it to work properly. They've shown that they can make new sets and parts too which is nice, I believe there's two new sets coming for at least like 4-5 figures each? It shouldn't be hard to make map changes and new maps either, considering that has been done by community members.

I'm on the side of fixing the game rather than adding new stuff, but at the same time, it's different departments. The team that makes the new cosmetics are not the same people that are fixing crashes and server issues, so it may be sloppy but we'll receive both at the same time, over time. 

On 8/4/2023 at 9:47 PM, Toy said:

Instead of holding a hateful speech, add suggestions.

Is reality hateful? MVS was dying and there wasn't a solution because the system this game is built up doesn't work anymore for indies, it's a matter of time untill the capsule snowball unballance the game again. Lootboxes for themselves already attract negative sights nowadays.

This reboot was the perfect chance to change the game from 0, introducing new ways to shop for weapons and getting rare stuff maybe attaching it with gameplay/merchandise. However, the only change they came with their long and arduous years of development was a few changes in weapon balance. Really? Do you believe they made their research and after a brainstorm they found out this system from 2011 still is the most balanced for MV? 💀Be real sis

A long time ago I tried a major in game design, it wasn't for me but I can assure you that all the changes they showed us till this day can be made from 0 in a month, maybe 2 months if you're generous with a team of 6 heads.

Also, as a player, It's not my job to give suggestions, I'm not the one who's being paid for it lmao. We already gave a lot of suggestions on MVS forums and even here. Now it's up for the GM's to take it or leave it.    

Once MV stops being profitable they will shut it down again with no mercy, so don't feel sorry for them. Just search for the company precedent with other games.

//
I saw some people debating about the development time, I just counted it from the year MVS was shut down (RH wouldn't shut it down during the negotiation lol). It's not the point tho, even if they had 3 years+pandemic, isn't enough, their job can be done at home. 

I think people need to stop being so hostile, if the game lives then great, if it dies then oh well. Let people judge the game, as well as defend it, but going nuts because someone said something you might feel  is offensive is abit silly. People have every right to be disappointed, and as I've said before, having hope is great but don't have so much hope that you'll blindly ignore criticism and yell at anybody who has any ounce of complaints, and vice versa with being too pessimistic.

I lean towards the pessimistic side but that's irrelevant since I'm not as vocal as I once was about it (plus I've already said what I needed to say about the game before).

I wonder why they didn't put the other game modes in these betas. I hope that when the game is released, it will also contain the modes that we had to test since the first beta.