General Discussion

I love this game - feedback

Satyr

Hello everyone, my name is Dario, and I'm from Italy. I'm an old, veteran MV player with the following old nicks: "Unstoppable_X3" (before the 10-character cap for nicknames) and later "YoukoZari" after the cap was added. I started playing this game in 2011 during the open beta and stopped in 2015, which means I got to experience the golden era of this simple, yet wonderful game. While I didn't play the closed beta 1 and 2, I finally received the key for beta 3. Today was my first day back after eight long-awaited years, and I have to say, this game is still darn awesome.

I've noticed a lot of criticism on the forums, especially regarding the poor expectations people have about this company. I have to admit they have every right to be scared and disappointed. Over the years, I witnessed a lot of radio silence and poor communication by the devs, ignoring the needs and wishes of the community. However, despite all that, when I played my first few hours today, I felt like I belonged here. The feeling is unbeatable, even with just the basic, upgradable weapons. I've played countless games in these eight years, and trust me, it's not just nostalgia talking. The core mechanics of MicroVolts are what I truly missed, even compared to arena FPS games like Unreal Tournament and such.

The devs simply need to understand that this game doesn't require many "groundbreaking" changes. The foundation is solid, but it does need new content like maps and game modes. There should be incentives for people to discover and fall in love with it again, like sponsored tournaments or events with streaming platforms, along with objectives to "grind" for. GIVE US THE RANKED SYSTEM. A slight graphical improvement to meet the new industry standards wouldn't hurt either, but it doesn't need to be a massive overhaul. After all, we have games like Valorant and Fortnite with cartoony art styles that still work perfectly even in 2023.

I really hope this game will get to see a new bright dawn, because I wanna start playing it again and I really hope many other players feel the same as I do, we all have a key role in this, without some optimism everything is doomed to fail, sooner or later!

I love you all, see you on PVC Factory FFA.

• Like 3

Finally, someone said what I've been thinking. I am having a blast! I think that they are doing fine they are testing the waters with things and trying to figure out what they want to do. I am just glad to be back playing with the same group of people that fell in love with this game the same way i have!

On 7/30/2023 at 8:14 AM, Realunchbox said:

Finally, someone said what I've been thinking. I am having a blast! I think that they are doing fine they are testing the waters with things and trying to figure out what they want to do. I am just glad to be back playing with the same group of people that fell in love with this game the same way i have!

I get the criticism, but there is some good in what has been done and the developers deserve to know that they're both doing mistakes and good things, they need to improve many things but I think it's counter productive not letting them know they're also making good choices, they're still human and like everybody they need to get motivated.

• Like 1