General Discussion

ONLY POST NECESSARY

cdf

What needs to be done:

Leave the game exactly as it was before (years before) + make RP cost a little less and capsule probabilities increased.

People do like gacha. There's nothing wrong with paying for the possibility of winning a nice weapon with op status or some cool fits - just make it easier to win (exemple: instead of a lucky box after 10 spins or whatever, you get a guaranteed item from that collection)

"Oh but the game is not going to be balanced for those who don't spend money on it" - how many CSD rooms were happening before? Lots. If you don't want to play against people with RT weapons, play at a CSD room. - PS: the weapons status can be altered a little bit so it's not SUPER op as well, but still stronger.

+ make exclusive content for MP-only as well, like OP MP weapons on the capsule - this way everybody wins.

Trust me, you're going to make A LOT more money this way, and A LOT more people will play the game. Nobody is going to play the game and buy RP the way it is right now. period.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

but i do think that new things should be added. The ranked system is great! always wanted that (even thought we cant try it in the beta -_-)
and new outfits/weapons/maps will be VERY accepted by the community. We haven't gotten ANYTHING new since the game closed

2 hours ago, SweatyGengar said:

but i do think that new things should be added.

Absolutely. New outfits, weapons, maps, cosmetics... But not this new unnecessary attempt to try to make the game a "free/fair to play" game. It can be, with CSD rooms, MP op weapons, etc.

*Gacha is back on trend btw*

• Like 1
4 hours ago, cdf said:

What needs to be done:

Leave the game exactly as it was before (years before) + make RP cost a little less and capsule probabilities increased.

People do like gacha. There's nothing wrong with paying for the possibility of winning a nice weapon with op status or some cool fits - just make it easier to win (exemple: instead of a lucky box after 10 spins or whatever, you get a guaranteed item from that collection)

"Oh but the game is not going to be balanced for those who don't spend money on it" - how many CSD rooms were happening before? Lots. If you don't want to play against people with RT weapons, play at a CSD room. - PS: the weapons status can be altered a little bit so it's not SUPER op as well, but still stronger.

+ make exclusive content for MP-only as well, like OP MP weapons on the capsule - this way everybody wins.

Trust me, you're going to make A LOT more money this way, and A LOT more people will play the game. Nobody is going to play the game and buy RP the way it is right now. period.

RT*

4 hours ago, cdf said:

What needs to be done:

I'm agree

In MV surge and THO, i never pay any RT 

I was had fun to collect other RT weapons to get strong 

also my CSD wapons was also fine to play with 

I agree it was fun back then, but in today's environment it wouldn't last. They'd make money from people who previously played the game, when they need to make money from us dedicated fans, and new players. I think the route they've gone with making RT/MP weapons have the same stats is just fine, although balancing is going to need a lot of work. Having to explain what CSD is (which is what like an 8 year old concept at this point?) to a new player sounds absurd. "Yeah the game is pay to win but if you don't want to experience the majority of what's available you can play for free in a hyper-competitive environment against the best players". Doesn't really sound like a lot of fun.

I should also note, what you're explaining is exactly what MVS did during it's final like year or so. Introducing more and more OP weapons, at a cheaper cost, while more available in every aspect, and then the game shut down because it wasn't making enough money.

4 minutes ago, Volt said:

I agree it was fun back then, but in today's environment it wouldn't last. They'd make money from people who previously played the game, when they need to make money from us dedicated fans, and new players. I think the route they've gone with making RT/MP weapons have the same stats is just fine, although balancing is going to need a lot of work. Having to explain what CSD is (which is what like an 8 year old concept at this point?) to a new player sounds absurd. "Yeah the game is pay to win but if you don't want to experience the majority of what's available you can play for free in a hyper-competitive environment against the best players". Doesn't really sound like a lot of fun.

I should also note, what you're explaining is exactly what MVS did during it's final like year or so. Introducing more and more OP weapons, at a cheaper cost, while more available in every aspect, and then the game shut down because it wasn't making enough money.

Well, as I said, not sure if you noticed but: add MP OP stuff as well and increase the probability to get stuff on the capsules.

Even people that had so much RT stuff played CSD rooms, like, all the time lol not sure if you played the game years back 🙂

You know what sounds like a lot of fun? Having a game to play. Are you enjoying the current state of the game? Do you believe they'll launch it the way it is? Or make any new attempts? Lol rather revert and make small adjustments, as I mentioned in my first post here.

And btw MV shut down for a lot of reasons. Poor new content; tried to add so much stuff without any background to it ie. so many new characters when is not needed.; so many issues and bugs etc and they didn't care enough; they didn't create a relationship between the game and the player base - it pretty much felt like they just wanted to add new stuff for ppl to buy and that's it. You saying it's just shut down because so many OP weapons for cheaper costs were thrown into the game sounds very surfacy to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cdf said:

Well, as I said, not sure if you noticed but: add MP OP stuff as well and increase the probability to get stuff on the capsules.

Even people that had so much RT stuff played CSD rooms, like, all the time lol not sure if you played the game years back 🙂

You know what sounds like a lot of fun? Having a game to play. Are you enjoying the current state of the game? Do you believe they'll launch it the way it is? Or make any new attempts? Lol rather revert and make small adjustments, as I mentioned in my first post here.

And btw MV shut down for a lot of reasons. Poor new content; tried to add so much stuff without any background to it ie. so many new characters when is not needed.; so many issues and bugs etc and they didn't care enough; they didn't create a relationship between the game and the player base - it pretty much felt like they just wanted to add new stuff for ppl to buy and that's it. You saying it's just shut down because so many OP weapons for cheaper costs were thrown into the game sounds very surfacy to me.

It's shut down because they didn't care about the game anymore. Everybody noticed they were trying to get a lot of money to shut down. And that happened because they didn't create any connection to the players; didn't pay attention to issues and bugs and errors and server fails; didn't care enough to bring MP OP stuff, or MP stuff in general. etc. and that makes one lose interest in playing a game

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cdf said:

I did read that, but if it was easily obtainable, then there'd be no point to buy RT, so I assumed it would be very hard to get those items similarly to the MP capsule in MVS, which doesn't do much. And I agree, a game to play would be nice, but you're attempting to change the least flawed aspect of their design philosophy. Neither what they're doing and what you're suggesting are perfect solutions, although "reverting" the balancing back to Surge would be better than what we have now, ideally you would only keep half of it. The default MP weapons of MVS were far more interesting than what we have now, basically everything had it's own purpose, but I think they should use those stats for basically every weapon and just keep the three weapon type "variants" per weapon class, rather than attempting to keep unique stats for each weapon (which is basically impossible to balance). 

And yes, I of course I did play back in MVS, since 2012 until the end basically. I had more than 3000hrs played and probably somewhat close to a dollar spent for every hour played, I'm very familiar with how MVS was monetized and balanced.

The game did shut down for a variety of reasons, but you're assuming Masangsoft can do it differently. The game we have now is actually far buggier than Surge, my friends and I have never had more issues running Microvolts than now. Assuming they can make maps, fix maps, communicate, fix all these bugs and crashes, and rebalance the game to a state they are far from familiar with is a large, and impossible ask. The solution is very simple, although no matter what we suggest it feels as if we're ignored in the end.

Edited by Volt
Added my experience
2 hours ago, Volt said:

I did read that, but if it was easily obtainable, then there'd be no point to buy RT, so I assumed it would be very hard to get those items similarly to the MP capsule in MVS, which doesn't do much. And I agree, a game to play would be nice, but you're attempting to change the least flawed aspect of their design philosophy. Neither what they're doing and what you're suggesting are perfect solutions, although "reverting" the balancing back to Surge would be better than what we have now, ideally you would only keep half of it. The default MP weapons of MVS were far more interesting than what we have now, basically everything had it's own purpose, but I think they should use those stats for basically every weapon and just keep the three weapon type "variants" per weapon class, rather than attempting to keep unique stats for each weapon (which is basically impossible to balance). 

And yes, I of course I did play back in MVS, since 2012 until the end basically. I had more than 3000hrs played and probably somewhat close to a dollar spent for every hour played, I'm very familiar with how MVS was monetized and balanced.

The game did shut down for a variety of reasons, but you're assuming Masangsoft can do it differently. The game we have now is actually far buggier than Surge, my friends and I have never had more issues running Microvolts than now. Assuming they can make maps, fix maps, communicate, fix all these bugs and crashes, and rebalance the game to a state they are far from familiar with is a large, and impossible ask. The solution is very simple, although no matter what we suggest it feels as if we're ignored in the end.

I heard some people telling the same, to simply have same stats for all the weapons, make mp & rt equally. Basically make all weapons, sets and parts the same with their same variants from upgrade system.

Personally i dont see why do you think thats the better way. Yeah the game would be balanced and would solve easy the p2w problem, but in the beggining... Did MV had a P2W problem?. I dont think so, there was different ways to get rt weapons like hammers, mp capsule or coins. I do believe that the main problem was that some weapons were so op and frustrating to play against that everyone played and hated them  equally. For example, the god weapons. Those weapons were expensive to have, and you probably had to pay to get them, thats why many people dont like p2w players. Meanwhile there was people like me that didnt pay any cent to MV and had 2 full rt sets apart from mp sets. 
Now you´ll thinking "Then if all the people can get rt weapons they will only play with them, so we come back to the same, equally stats. So simply make all items the same as i first said". 
After making that we would be playing a boring game where it wont matter which weapon you pick, you will just play on auto pilot. It could really work, but i dont think so, simply because the actually upgrade system isnt that good to apport variety to the game.

What i suggest is making Rt weapons slightly better, for example (ill invent the numbers xd), if the riffle pepper has 420 power, riffle adv-pepper must have 430 power. Then make a "Skill system" where you have some tokens to define your weapon set.
Basic weapons -> 0 Tokens
MP weapons -> 1 Token
RT weapons -> 2 Tokens
Pd: I would make the god weapons stats same as rt but, with better animations or something like that, to make them worth to buy
Room owners could decide how much Tokens you have to make your weapon set with a  7 / 10 /12 tokens.
That way you have multiple options to adapt your inventory to your playstyle and you give as balance as diversity to the game.
With that system you could create a good meta and make players think what they should prioritice, which is good for rankeds.

Anyways this post wont be a big deal. No one from masangsoft is going to read this and they will continue making that terrible decisions that literally none of us want, doing easy things so much harder, wasting a lot of time attempting to invent the wheel, instead of using the wheel to create new things. Making all the feedback and information that they have from old mv, forum or ToyHeroes useless. I still freak out when i see what ToyHeroes "devs"(or whatever they are) are capable of, compared with game developers that work for a videogames company as Masangsoft, therefore they pay for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1