General Discussion

How did you guys found out about the game's existence?

Gio

Discovered MicroVolts in 2011.

Was watching youtube videos and got an advertisement for signing up to its open beta.

Glad i clicked on it too, because i never saw another MicroVolts advert after that.

• Like 1

I honestly have wondered that for a long time. I played pre-surge without a doubt but I'm not sure for how long. I must've been like 9/10 years old when I discovered it, I'd imagine some time back in 2012.

• Like 1

I was introduced to it by my older brother in about 2011/12, sometimes I would watch him play random stuff and he allowed me to hop on his account every once in a while to play it myself

At one point he made an account for me with the name TEEN14 as he was worried I was violating the PEGI rating of MV (which was like 12+). In reality I doubt anyone really gave a damn lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pre-Rock Hippo: I saw the cinematic trailer on YouTube when it was known as HAVE in Korea. Also, some footage of the Taiwan version by Steparu.

Rock Hippo version: I saw the announcement trailer on IGN.

MasangSoft version: I saw their website mentioning MicroVolts. 😛

• Like 1

My friends convinced me to play it after playing Battle Field Heroes for a while. I don't know the exact year but it was back in the day when the sample weapons were purple and RT didn't exist yet so I think somewhere between 2011 and 2012? I was 13 years old or so

• Like 1

signed up for the beta of microvolts through an advertisement i saw but didn't really get into it until i saw hammy488 and Yuk1ster play and make montages on it. thats when i feel in love with it and made it my main game till it closed.

• Like 2

So, I wasnt the one who discovered microvolts. It was my older brother and his friend. One day I went into his room I was like 6, and saw him playing it and I asked what it is. So he told me and afterwards I was hooked to the game and kept playing it nonstop. This all happend in 2012.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SirOnion said:

Back in the day, I couldn't run TF2 on my PC, so I looked up alternatives and saw MV.

This is how i discovered it, although on different forums or websites, they said it was a "TF2 Ripoff"

• Like 1

Thats one way to find it. And I think when I got older I looked up on ytb and I saw someone say its a TF2 but anime type game. (Not sure about the last sentence.)

• Like 1
On 7/18/2023 at 10:45 PM, PrimeChaos said:

Probably on a site like MMOBomb. I used to scroll through similar sites to find new games to try.

Same. Good old days.

• Like 2
On 7/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, Gio said:

Just curious. 

my mom lmao, and no im not joking, she had 3k+ hours on this game. Some of you might know her as frijole from the old days

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Vladan said:

Thats one way to find it. And I think when I got older I looked up on ytb and I saw someone say its a TF2 but anime type game. (Not sure about the last sentence.)

Im guessing that was STAR_'s video, who made TF2 content at the time so thats probably why he made the comparison

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ThatBoyNight said:

my mom lmao, and no im not joking, she had 3k+ hours on this game. Some of you might know her as frijole from the old days

Dude I kid you not she was one of my best friends back in MVS she was so sweet and chill. That's so awesome, one of the few names I really remember from my OG friends list. If she remembers Boom/DaBigBoom I will literally cry LMFAO

• Like 1
On 7/19/2023 at 8:44 PM, Volt said:

Dude I kid you not she was one of my best friends back in MVS she was so sweet and chill. That's so awesome, one of the few names I really remember from my OG friends list. If she remembers Boom/DaBigBoom I will literally cry LMFAO

ill have her friend you when the game launches officially, shes not in town for the beta right now.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ThatBoyNight said:

ill have her friend you when the game launches officially, shes not in town for the beta right now.

Awesome, if her name's gonna be the same I'm sure I'll see her around. Not sure if I'm gonna go by "Boom" or "Volt" just yet.