General Discussion

State of the Official MVR Discord

Volt

It's been a week now that the Discord server has been around, and I'm yet to see any real type of moderation at all, as I write this people are being racist and homophobic, this community hasn't grown up at all and it's pretty embarrassing. For the health and future of this game and it's community, there is seriously going to need to be some type of moderation and it should be quite strong too. If this game is going to succeed in the modern day, we're going to have to do better. If I were someone new to this game, and I saw such an offensive and immature community, I don't care how good the game is I would leave immediately and not look back.

If the team is unfamiliar with Discord, the community has given many suggestions already but it doesn't look like much has been done. Even giving moderator status to certain, trusted and reliable people would be a huge step in the right direction. Genuinely, someone needs to go through and mute these people even temporarily, I'm genuinely disgusted with how certain people are acting. I had just gotten back from a trip, and to see that nothing has been done for nearly a week, it was very disappointing. I know the team is focused on other things, but something like this is too important to not care about and ignore for the time being. At the very least, moderate some people, after people have been properly dealt with, wipe what has been said in most, if not all channels. It's a bad look to keep all this nonsense piled up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I agree just now i went on the discord server and i saw a n word bomb, trolls are having a fight ? I dont know if i can even call it that.. Please do something about it mv team.. Its either you hire someone to take care of the discord which wont take much of ur budget(someone from the company) or just start trying to use trusted people from the community to help and get rid of those trolls.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Volt said:

It's been a week now that the Discord server has been around, and I'm yet to see any real type of moderation at all, as I write this people are being racist and homophobic, this community hasn't grown up at all and it's pretty embarrassing. For the health and future of this game and it's community, there is seriously going to need to be some type of moderation and it should be quite strong too. If this game is going to succeed in the modern day, we're going to have to do better. If I were someone new to this game, and I saw such an offensive and immature community, I don't care how good the game is I would leave immediately and not look back.

If the team is unfamiliar with Discord, the community has given many suggestions already but it doesn't look like much has been done. Even giving moderator status to certain, trusted and reliable people would be a huge step in the right direction. Genuinely, someone needs to go through and mute these people even temporarily, I'm genuinely disgusted with how certain people are acting. I had just gotten back from a trip, and to see that nothing has been done for nearly a week, it was very disappointing. I know the team is focused on other things, but something like this is too important to not care about and ignore for the time being. At the very least, moderate some people, after people have been properly dealt with, wipe what has been said in most, if not all channels. It's a bad look to keep all this nonsense piled up.

Have you been sending tickets too? Every ticket I send gets ignored and I even recommended some users to make mod (one of them was you) while also applying myself. They just do NOT seem to care about anything relating to the community and they've just been caring about numbers and potential profits it seems. They don't even reply on the forums anymore. It's become clear what their motives are, and if they keep going this route then nothing good will come from the game and people will leave immediately when people just get insulted and trolled to no end. 

They really just went "wow, our bots work, job well done!" and wiped their ass with the rest of the server. They STILL have NOT banned the offending users in the server, going as far as to only delete their messages and do nothing else. They think they know what they're doing but they don't. We offer help and they've been so stubborn, it's infuriating.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 4
59 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Have you been sending tickets too? Every ticket I send gets ignored and I even recommended some users to make mod (one of them was you) while also applying myself. They just do NOT seem to care about anything relating to the community and they've just been caring about numbers and potential profits it seems. They don't even reply on the forums anymore. It's become clear what their motives are, and if they keep going this route then nothing good will come from the game and people will leave immediately when people just get insulted and trolled to no end. 

They really just went "wow, our bots work, job well done!" and wiped their ass with the rest of the server. They STILL have NOT banned the offending users in the server, going as far as to only delete their messages and do nothing else. They think they know what they're doing but they don't. We offer help and they've been so stubborn, it's infuriating.

I've only ever sent one or two tickets, but not regarding the Discord. I really hope they get this stuff sorted by release, you absolutely cannot have this type of behavior and community in a game that must attract new players to survive. We need at least one staff member to bridge the gap between the community and the rest of the staff members, the communication should be much better than it is now. They're very confident in their own work it seems, and that's great to a certain degree, but when something you created is now a place that seemingly welcomes all of this inappropriate behavior, it is your job to clean it up and prevent that from happening from there on. I understand your frustration about not being responded to, in all honesty that is the reason why I don't make the effort to contact them. I have given them my contact info previously, they have the ability to reach out if they were to need help with something like that. Even when I did attempt to contact them it didn't lead to much of anything, it's a shame though because community members are seriously one of the best resources (basically free too). Especially because their team did not come from Microvolts at all, nor do really any of them have experience with the actual game, which creates tons of issues on it's own.

I really miss when Leo would come around and talk about the current state of development and respond to beta feedback, it felt very real and wholesome to hear from a staff member at that level. Levi as well for less specific issues, they were just cool guys to have around, I miss them both.

Also, thanks for the recommendation! That means a lot, if I had sent something similar you would easily be in my top 3 recommendations.

Edited by Volt
Rewording
  • Like 2

I absolutely agree with everything you're all saying. As much as I do find some of the disagreements funny; watching the constant spamming, squabbling and bickering over stupid, trivial matters is getting really disgusting especially the use of incredibly vulgar language (seriously, their Moderation Bot is so flawed, words like Piss are banned but the N-Word isnt??? Crazy stuff). Not to mention that blyat/seggsman only JUST left the server (I doubt he was kicked) and a few of his alts/friends still stay whilst being assholes

If Volt, Tanooki or some other members of this community are called upon to become Community Mods I'd happily vouch for you guys. I've been meaning to vocalize this issue in the forums but quite a while but considering that the MVR Team NEVER seem to even check the forums (except 1 time when some guy couldn't sign up for the beta) it seems futile to even write all of this out. Still, I'm optimistic, and I hope one day things will change. Being able to speak with some of the nicer community members has been very fun and I'm glad to have been able to speak to some of you guys

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Vindication said:

I absolutely agree with everything you're all saying. As much as I do find some of the disagreements funny; watching the constant spamming, squabbling and bickering over stupid, trivial matters is getting really disgusting especially the use of incredibly vulgar language (seriously, their Moderation Bot is so flawed, words like Piss are banned but the N-Word isnt??? Crazy stuff). Not to mention that blyat/seggsman only JUST left the server (I doubt he was kicked) and a few of his alts/friends still stay whilst being assholes

If Volt, Tanooki or some other members of this community are called upon to become Community Mods I'd happily vouch for you guys. I've been meaning to vocalize this issue in the forums but quite a while but considering that the MVR Team NEVER seem to even check the forums (except 1 time when some guy couldn't sign up for the beta) it seems futile to even write all of this out. Still, I'm optimistic, and I hope one day things will change. Being able to speak with some of the nicer community members has been very fun and I'm glad to have been able to speak to some of you guys

That really means a lot to me, I'd love to help out, it seems like their team and time is stretched pretty thin, that's pretty clear when they basically go into hibernation and go inactive for months at a time it feels. Even if I were not chosen it would be very important that someone is, unless they get some sort of community manager who would moderate the forums and the Discord server as their actual job, but considering this game is yet to make them any money, I think at least a couple community members for the time being would be wise.

1 hour ago, Volt said:

That really means a lot to me, I'd love to help out, it seems like their team and time is stretched pretty thin, that's pretty clear when they basically go into hibernation and go inactive for months at a time it feels. Even if I were not chosen it would be very important that someone is, unless they get some sort of community manager who would moderate the forums and the Discord server as their actual job, but considering this game is yet to make them any money, I think at least a couple community members for the time being would be wise.

It'd be as simple as just having around 3 - 5 moderators to fill in every time slot basically, and all of this would be fixed. Yet they refuse to ackowledge any of it.

• Like 1

im sure mods will be found eventually. the server had a terrible launch but it is what it is. Things will be fixed eventually. The only thing i see is you basically spamming them to be a mod with other active members (i've opened this forum 6-7 times this week and all i saw was u talkin about u becoming mod with other active members). Being active and having a good idea of what u "WANT" the game to be Isn't something that makes you a good mod in discord. It's a responsibility and I'm sure they will find suitable people for that space. for now I'd just say let it be and see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

Exactly like 80/90% people here just trying so hard to be MOD or trying to be something online that they are not in reality. No sincere opinions, constructive criticism etc. All about "what I want", "what I wish there was", "what there could be", etc. Zzzzz

1 hour ago, Ainz said:

Exactly like 80/90% people here just trying so hard to be MOD or trying to be something online that they are not in reality. No sincere opinions, constructive criticism etc. All about "what I want", "what I wish there was", "what there could be", etc. Zzzzz

I dont think you understand the definition of a 'sincere opinion' or 'constructive critiscm'. 

"what I want", "what I wish there was", "what there could be", etc are all examples of how somebody can express a sincere opinion they hold or constructive criticism for whatever they're reviewing. It's a bit ignorant to claim that the advice and improvements we are trying to provide to the MVR Team isn't valid constructive criticism and instead is something more like whiny crying. There is something seriously wrong with the MVR Discord and, quite honestly, it really shouldn't be our responsibility as the players to try and do something about it

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SweatyGengar said:

im sure mods will be found eventually. the server had a terrible launch but it is what it is. Things will be fixed eventually. The only thing i see is you basically spamming them to be a mod with other active members (i've opened this forum 6-7 times this week and all i saw was u talkin about u becoming mod with other active members). Being active and having a good idea of what u "WANT" the game to be Isn't something that makes you a good mod in discord. It's a responsibility and I'm sure they will find suitable people for that space. for now I'd just say let it be and see how it goes.

I see your point and i agree with what you said , but as Vindication said there is something really really wrong with some of the people that are on the discord, its constant cringy troll , spamm and racism, its very sad. If new people join they are just gonna make a 180 and run.. 
This being said, there is for sure a need of mods to take care of those specimens , and we ( the community ) shouldn't be the ones bragging about this and asking to be mods.

• Like 2

So strange how people think I want to moderate this community, I, along with others are volunteering to be unpaid and unappreciated to deal with grown adults who act like children. All because I want to see this game succeed and the community improve, yet it's clear that a large part of it will never change. Moderating is not a hard task, especially if given the right tools, I just don't feel like there's more than maybe 5 people I would make moderators on this forum, which really shows the true maturity of the players. I'm a player myself, not a community figurehead, no matter how things go I will play and enjoy the game just like the good old days.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Volt said:

So strange how people think I want to moderate this community, I, along with others are volunteering to be unpaid and unappreciated to deal with grown adults who act like children. All because I want to see this game succeed and the community improve, yet it's clear that a large part of it will never change. Moderating is not a hard task, especially if given the right tools, I just don't feel like there's more than maybe 5 people I would make moderators on this forum, which really shows the true maturity of the players. I'm a player myself, not a community figurehead, no matter how things go I will play and enjoy the game just like the good old days

I know how you feel, but the real problem here is that people don't listen, and I think the MV community has always been very violent, and their mission is simply to crush everyone who doesn't obey their orders, they have a strong influence and a large number of people for example see how a group of 6 people managed to control the discord  As they were able to annoy many people and make them leave. For me, I do not know in which line I stand. On the one hand, I have reduced my anger on this forum so as not to spread negativity, and on the other hand, I do not know if I can stand firm.

• Like 1

A group of people can control the game and control the leaders of the rooms, so that they kicked anyone who disagrees with them

2 hours ago, NorMan said:

A group of people can control the game and control the leaders of the rooms, so that they kicked anyone who disagrees with them

Ideally the "Kick" system is removed. If people are truly problematic it should be dealt with by in-game moderators, or people need to close rooms and play privately and invite people in. I used to get kicked nearly every match I was in back in MVS because people thought I was cheating or it was unfair, which I mean I understand but that's a very big issue.

2 hours ago, NorMan said:

I know how you feel, but the real problem here is that people don't listen, and I think the MV community has always been very violent, and their mission is simply to crush everyone who doesn't obey their orders, they have a strong influence and a large number of people for example see how a group of 6 people managed to control the discord  As they were able to annoy many people and make them leave. For me, I do not know in which line I stand. On the one hand, I have reduced my anger on this forum so as not to spread negativity, and on the other hand, I do not know if I can stand firm.

Well I think it was very weird for me to realize because I played on NA servers 95% of the time, only playing EU when a clan needed me or something. NA players are generally quite nice from my experience, outside of SA players being toxic which was very common, although they deserve their own server. And honestly I have noticed your change in attitude recently and I appreciate that a lot, now if only everyone else would attempt to do the same, the game would be a whole lot more friendly and welcoming, which would be ideal for a game that needs new players.

12 hours ago, SweatyGengar said:

It's because it's necessary. If you think this was some sort of "gotcha" moment then you're severely wrong. If you want to sit back and watch the fire burn while doing nothing about it then that's on you, but don't act like others shouldn't try in any way they can to fix this mess that they created.  This community has always been immature and toxic from the beginning, and nipping that in the bud sooner rather than later will help fix it before it becomes mainstream (full release on steam) and new players end up put off to the community as a whole. 

If it means I embarass myself and throw myself under the bus to look like I'm begging to be a moderator, then so be it, but something needs to be done and there's a reason I've recommended others aside from myself, I just don't want them picking the wrong people who solely would want to become a moderator for some selfish power creep, I want the game to be run properly and that's all I care about in the end. And so far they've been doing a very bad job at that from the community side of things which I've complained about more than enough times.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Volt said:

outside of SA players being toxic which was very common

Just imagine having a moderator like that, calling an entire community toxic 🤐

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, TipicoDev said:

Just imagine having a moderator like that, calling an entire community toxic 🤐

I said it was common, not all of them, it's just a different gaming culture and I understand that lol. It's the same with CSGO.

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's because it's necessary. If you think this was some sort of "gotcha" moment then you're severely wrong. If you want to sit back and watch the fire burn while doing nothing about it then that's on you, but don't act like others shouldn't try in any way they can to fix this mess that they created.  This community has always been immature and toxic from the beginning, and nipping that in the bud sooner rather than later will help fix it before it becomes mainstream (full release on steam) and new players end up put off to the community as a whole. 

If it means I embarass myself and throw myself under the bus to look like I'm begging to be a moderator, then so be it, but something needs to be done and there's a reason I've recommended others aside from myself, I just don't want them picking the wrong people who solely would want to become a moderator for some selfish power creep, I want the game to be run properly and that's all I care about in the end. And so far they've been doing a very bad job at that from the community side of things which I've complained about more than enough times.

Alright. I notice that i may have come out as harsh or that you may have miss understood my main message. 

I am not satisfied by the current team what so ever.

I do love the game. Played it since the original beta and waited like a lot of us for many years to play it again. So yes i care about the state of the game and the community.

BUT if the current staff doesn't reply to your first 10 messages i don't think they will reply at ur 100th. My point was that it seemed extreme that every time i opened the site to see if an update was done i saw you asking to be a mod on the discord server.

Like i said in my last message i think that modding an ACTIVE discord server is quite hard. i own a discord server with over 300 members and i know its a drag and u need people who actually know what they're doing to act as moderators. I do not know what you or anyone here is capable of but i also dont think that masangsoft cares. They have their own team and they are taking care of it themselves as they have done since this game was announced again. 

I just want to play and enjoy the game again. I understand that its difficult with a team that doesn't communicate but its not impossible.

Thank you.