General Discussion

Change 403 Forbidden

Vindication

Hey guys,

I think the MV team need to change the way this Forum treats the implementation of images, links, videos etc. I'm sure some of you guys have found it annoying when you've written a big ass essay, casually inserting a photo or two in between and having it all blocked by the '403 Forbidden' page (Thank god this forum saves all your work if you leave the page)

I know this may be a thing in order to protect the forum from spamming, malicious links etc, however this system is rather flawed and should provide clarity to every member, new or old, on exactly how it works. I might sound nitpicky but there are features of the forum that exist like being able to @ people to address them directly (e.g @MVR GM) however this feature is forbidden from usage.

Maybe there could be another post by the MV team in the 'Forum Rules' tab to explain how to insert all the different types of media that are forbidden because, quite frankly, even I'm not quite sure how some things work. In my opinion, the MVR Community Forum is one of the nicest I've ever used in terms of UI design, features etc. and it would be a shame to tarnish it by having faulty systems. 

• Like 2

Yeah it does feel a bit archaic that images just break everything, for example trying to quote  someone that posted an image breaks things which is always lovely. So i wouldl ike for them to update the forums as quickly as possible to fix this issue alongside all the others that weve all had to experience, like logging in being hell or not being able to see forum statistics because scrolling is kinda fucked too. Though the log in issue should be adressed first the rest isnt such a terrible thing to work with.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

, for example trying to quote  someone that posted an image breaks things which is always lovely. 

Exactly, this issue is particularly annoying and incredibly stupid  lovely