General Discussion

Is Microvolts Considered "Lost Media" ?

Zissy

Hello!

My answer -? maybe? Its in the "underrated" scale or the "obscure" side of the media, where only very few of the majority of people remember it.

I also tried to find any shred of information about Microvolts but literally it always lead me to a dead end, or maybe i haven't looked hard enough idk theres almost no information about Microvolts its most likely lost media now, i searched for about almost a day and honestly it leads to nothing but the same old articles..(the only MV related info i get is TW info which i guess kinda counts?)

TW seems to have loads of info scattered around if you look hard enough but i can't seem to find anything for MV information..

And also did Microvolts ever left a some sort of legacy? Because the game just shut down and no body seems to bat an eye about its shut down (maybe the community did but like almost everyone forgot about its existence i guess? because ive never heard anybody talking about Microvolts which is a shame cuz MV is a good game and i still think its underrated or its made way ahead of its time..)

What do you guys think?

Just sharing my thoughts! Have a great day/night! (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

IMG_6203.PNG

I agree with you.
For the MVL project we also searched for weeks for information, material, graphics and actually everything that can be reused... without success. The only media that still really exists are the old videos on Youtube.

MicroVolts had a slow demise and suddenly it was gone.
I can say from my own experience that THO has played his part in the death of MicroVolts. The hacks, attacks, spams, everything really. Part of the playerbase went along when MicroVolts went offline. The rest accepted it.
The legacy of MicroVolts are the good memories of a really good game, which hopefully will be back soon. I don't know if Masangsoft can bring MicroVolts back to the original size of Playerbase, maybe even bigger and more popular. Still, I firmly believe that we as a community can keep the game alive.

Cheers,
MVL

• Like 4

Its hard to say. Back when it was up plenty of people played it and if my non gaming friends knew about it and started playing it on their own then it must have meant that at one point it was at least half way to mainstream. As of now i guess it would be fairly unknown, folk that played the game plenty are here on the forums and the ones that arent just moved on or forgot about it.

It was never really mainstream, although the views on few vids are absolutely vivid (the most viewed vid is the MMOhuts vid from 2010, whilst the second is from 2012 also being basically a, probably paid, trailer, third is hammys clan war from 2013, and then we roll with another trailers and 1 TF2 vid with naomi lmao) fun fact the only "viral" gameplay vid is hammys CW BB vs Action, otherwise the real playermade gameplay has never ever reached ridiculous numbers strangely enough compared to the trailer vids which have really good numbers (actually surprised by the numbers myself lol) Like the game had absolutely huge potential, but somehow it died after the trailer hype (dont really know how H.A.V.E. was played since it was japanese version only, maybe that one was alot more played, who knows)

To answer the legacy question, no it did not, the game had like 10000 active players peeks at max in surge era on average through out the years, the most it was ever played was supposedly directly after the MMOhuts vid, than it quickly started to drop, the game was pretty much never ever massively played except for a short period.

So TLDR, its not like not many ppl would remember it, most of ppl who actively played it for years would remember it, the thing is around 90% of the whole playerbase played it just briefly and the game simply never grew on new players (again the huge skill gap, newbie didnt stand a chance unless he would have grinded for like few hundred hours, until that he would get absolutely destroyed, the game game design was so deadly in this)

5 hours ago, MVL said:

I agree with you.
For the MVL project we also searched for weeks for information, material, graphics and actually everything that can be reused... without success. The only media that still really exists are the old videos on Youtube.

MicroVolts had a slow demise and suddenly it was gone.
I can say from my own experience that THO has played his part in the death of MicroVolts. The hacks, attacks, spams, everything really. Part of the playerbase went along when MicroVolts went offline. The rest accepted it.
The legacy of MicroVolts are the good memories of a really good game, which hopefully will be back soon. I don't know if Masangsoft can bring MicroVolts back to the original size of Playerbase, maybe even bigger and more popular. Still, I firmly believe that we as a community can keep the game alive.

Cheers,
MVL

Also to catch up on this, the original playerbase in  MV Surge era was pretty weak (even before all the ddoses and whatever was happening) but hey it would be still bigger than any masangsoft game (all the games are ridiculously dead) who knows how this will turnout, maybe they will actually reduce the obnoxiously high skill gap and manage to get the playerbase much bigger (probably not, after few really failed games)

I honestly dont have any hope in this, since the games produced by masangsoft are just tragic tbh

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AcuraS said:

Also to catch up on this, the original playerbase in  MV Surge era was pretty weak (even before all the ddoses and whatever was happening) but hey it would be still bigger than any masangsoft game (all the games are ridiculously dead) who knows how this will turnout, maybe they will actually reduce the obnoxiously high skill gap and manage to get the playerbase much bigger (probably not, after few really failed games)

I honestly dont have any hope in this, since the games produced by masangsoft are just tragic tbh

I still have hope. Besides, I'm willing to invest a lot of money to revive the game. I don't think Masangsoft needs financial help at the moment, but simply help to balance the game, to hit the right vibe and to get the game back on track. 
That's where the community comes in. Although the right experts are sitting right under their noses, no one is really brought on board or asked properly.

• Like 3