General Discussion

How old are the figures???

Zissy

Hi all! I was just digging some toywars lost media and old jp articles (i consider toywars lost media since only a small majority of people even bothered to archive it) and i stumbled upon Sophitias concept art and some other characters and they have character profile and yeah it turns out that SOPHITIA IS 16! I thought shes an adult because she looks the part but no shes actually 16 years old.

Naomis character profiles age is blank and so is crac's.

The only canon adult is sharkill and simon as far as i know.

All the other character profiles ages shows blank even amelias is blank.

If Sophitia is age is 16 and she looks like a adult figure then what about the other figures..how old actually are they then?? If  Also i thought that age is a non- existent, i thought they work like in toy story where the figures dont have ages but are in the same age range..?

Eh whatever they are action figures its not even worth dwelling on..but let me know your thoughts about this.

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night! (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠♡

IMG_5252.PNG

• Like 1

I never knew sharkill even had anything lore related. 

God that's weird to think about; tiny figure versions of yourself fighting other figurines. 

Still pretty interesting though

Can we get the sources? This is interesting and I wanna make sure some of it isn't wiki-related stuff. Cuz sharkill had "lore" when he got implemented at the end of MV surge's lifespan but he had ingame portraits way before when rockhippo was still the owners of microvolts, so it could be hard to tell. He could probably not even be brazilian originally or maybe he always was. I still remember the lore community thing rockhippo did for people to make "canon" lore for the game.

Edited by Tanooki
2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Can we get the sources? This is interesting and I wanna make sure some of it isn't wiki-related stuff. Cuz sharkill had "lore" when he got implemented at the end of MV surge's lifespan but he had ingame portraits way before when rockhippo was still the owners of microvolts, so it could be hard to tell. He could probably not even be brazilian originally or maybe he always was. I still remember the lore community thing rockhippo did for people to make "canon" lore for the game.

Sure thing!  this is going to take a while but wait I'll probably just write it down and summarise what i read so ill be right back.

1 hour ago, Zissy said:

Sure thing!  this is going to take a while but wait I'll probably just write it down and summarise what i read so ill be right back.

Yeah no rush dude, not like the forum is getting much traction rn anyways lmao

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah no rush dude, not like the forum is getting much traction rn anyways lmao

Im back!! so here are the sources! Btw they are mostly jp or Chinese so google translate will be your best friend if you wanna check it out! 

Animetimes.com

4Gamer.net

OnlineGamer.JP

Toywars JP and TH FB posts

UtoPlanet_Channel

Toywars official live streams

Toywars old dev logs 

Wikiwiki.JP

Toywars "presentation" reports

Amustyle.Info

And many more jp websites I can't for some reason translate..but I'll put the stuffs and info i gathered here (this info will be about characters outside the OG 5)

For Simon, we could've had more lore and i cannot find his concept arts anywhere, the only ones i could find where sharkill amelia and sophitas which is a shame

Theres more lore about simon but its lost to time and in the jp live streams its mentioned but I can't really understand what the devs are saying.

Sophitias character was basically a "Random one minute idea" the devs logs said so and anything about her and her lore seems obscure? Its all surface based lvl so it ain't that deep

Amelias "lore" is also obscure and nothing really changed on mvs version

Sharkill has way more lore about him in toywars that were never saw the light of day in Microvolts which is a shame because the other characters actually have loads of lore but i guess Microvolts never really cared about it and just swept it under the rug.. (well I'll have them know i actually care about the games lore > : (

Anyways if you wanna read more about the other characters go check out and read the websites that i listed 

If you are having trouble then just search "Toywars JP" and at least one of these websites will appear.

If you have any questions ill be here to help!! 

Untitled128_20230407233908.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If i had to guess Naomi can't be much olde than Sophitia consideing her original outfit is a school uniform, though that could be just bcs asian school uniforms on thing, beutiful characters are a fan service and it attracts more popularity towards a character. Even so i think Pandora was much more popular that Naomi, without doubt the 2 were the most popular characters, probably for the insane amount of cool outfits that the others characters didn't have. But if we think logically naomi can't be too young nor too old, i'd say she's around 16 or 15 too. I don't think C.H.I.P.'s age matters since he is literally a robot.but if we were. Kai has to be very close to Naomi's age since they look like classmates, Kai is literally the male version of Naomi. Knox seems a bit older but he could be in highschool as well. Come to think of it most characters seemes rly young, we never though about any of them being older than 20 something bcs they rly aren't. And if we think that there might be an older character it would be Simon or C.H.I.P. or Amelia at most since she is an elf and most of the stories we know about elves say that they age pretty well and have lives a lot longer than humans.

6 hours ago, Zissy said:

Im back!! so here are the sources! Btw they are mostly jp or Chinese so google translate will be your best friend if you wanna check it out! 

Animetimes.com

4Gamer.net

OnlineGamer.JP

Toywars JP and TH FB posts

UtoPlanet_Channel

Toywars official live streams

Toywars old dev logs 

Wikiwiki.JP

Toywars "presentation" reports

Amustyle.Info

And many more jp websites I can't for some reason translate..but I'll put the stuffs and info i gathered here (this info will be about characters outside the OG 5)

For Simon, we could've had more lore and i cannot find his concept arts anywhere, the only ones i could find where sharkill amelia and sophitas which is a shame

Theres more lore about simon but its lost to time and in the jp live streams its mentioned but I can't really understand what the devs are saying.

Sophitias character was basically a "Random one minute idea" the devs logs said so and anything about her and her lore seems obscure? Its all surface based lvl so it ain't that deep

Amelias "lore" is also obscure and nothing really changed on mvs version

Sharkill has way more lore about him in toywars that were never saw the light of day in Microvolts which is a shame because the other characters actually have loads of lore but i guess Microvolts never really cared about it and just swept it under the rug.. (well I'll have them know i actually care about the games lore > : (

Anyways if you wanna read more about the other characters go check out and read the websites that i listed 

If you are having trouble then just search "Toywars JP" and at least one of these websites will appear.

If you have any questions ill be here to help!! 

Thanks for the research! Reminds me of all the unused and scrapped art both ingame (achievement icons and banners etc) and on the websites that could have been their own characters but never got used. Still wishing we got that yellow chip set that MV used for like, EVERY promo art ever (it's even on the top right of the forum lmao). We really need like one website to archive all of this before it gets lost to time.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

Damn.

Sharkill looked so SO much cooler in concept.

Just needs the ball-joints on his arms and he'd be perfect

Edited by Spiffy

(forgive the rushed job!)

I wanted to see if i could make sharkill look any better.

So i took that concept art and drew over it.

sharkill_Fix.png