General Discussion

MicroVolts: A New Beginning (A White Paper)

Host

hi.

A white paper either for Masangsoft or whatever opportunity that might occur.

This is the a website to host my pdf. excuse my typos, has been done at night and I was tired.

forum does not let me post links so just copy paste this into your URL bar I guess?

https://pdfhost.io/v/IZR6gLFYX_MV_ANB

do something with it

And PLEASE leave feedback, suggestions, opinions in the comments, this is supposed to be a community project, by the players for the players

add me on discord for further discussion: host#6970
Join my server for further discussion: https://discord.gg/vkFQzfJ327

Edited by Host
  • Like 5

From what i saw its for someone to get the rights for the game and then we as a community connect and try to make it ourselfs? i might be wrong because i didnt read all of it and even focused that much.

I like the concept about rank system, the skins aswell what you said there was true but the god weapons can just be used for skins aswell actually something special that you wont get anymore like leave it on the shop for a limited time and then remove them.

The clan wars overhaul should have 3 options clan battle, capture the battery and Super Item Match or normal Item Match.

Edited by OGSapphire
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, London said:

interesting paper, but what is the purpose? I did not quite understand.

The purpose was stated in the paper, however so indiscreetly, that I do understand if it was not quite understandable.

I just hope that this paper will allow us as a community to come together, finance the license and run the service ourselves.

8 minutes ago, OGSapphire said:

From what i saw its for someone to get the rights for the game and then we as a community connect and try to make it ourselfs? i might be wrong because i didnt read all of it and even focused that much.

I like the concept about rank system, the skins aswell what you said there was true but the god weapons can just be used for skins aswell actually something special that you wont get anymore like leave it on the shop for a limited time and then remove them.

The clan wars overhaul should have 3 options clan battle, capture the battery and Super Item Match or normal Item Match.

I agree, god weapons can stay as more expensive skins then as they are quite special, there would be levels of skins then you know? Normal skins only basic, and then special ones that also have different particles and glow etc etc.

To the clan war topic: What do you mean with clan battle? I do think bomb battle is really important as it implements a very strategic mechanic.

5 minutes ago, Host said:

To the clan war topic: What do you mean with clan battle? I do think bomb battle is really important as it implements a very strategic mechanic.

I mean they should have more options to choose from the gamemodes not just bomb battle because that would be like csgo and valorant and its seen too much in my opinion

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, OGSapphire said:

I mean they should have more options to choose from the gamemodes not just bomb battle because that would be like csgo and valorant and its seen too much in my opinion

Interesting take, and I kinda agree. I would agree that adding a choice of modes would be good too. Elimination can be a part obviously as well, but a strategic mechanic needs to be implemented to seperate it from ranked system. About item match, it is kind of a luck based game mode then, dont you think?

5 minutes ago, Host said:

Interesting take, and I kinda agree. I would agree that adding a choice of modes would be good too. Elimination can be a part obviously as well, but a strategic mechanic needs to be implemented to seperate it from ranked system. About item match, it is kind of a luck based game mode then, dont you think?

Actually yea if i think about it now but i only gave some examples.

14 minutes ago, Kratos said:

I support everything on this concept and hopefully something happens.

Appreciated! 

1 hour ago, OGSapphire said:

Actually yea if i think about it now but i only gave some examples.

yeah and I totally thank you for that. I like the idea of different modes

49 minutes ago, Boga said:

I aint reading allat 🙏💯

understandable lmao, you can jump to concepts if you are only interested in that

Edited by Host

The first time i readed the title, i thought it was a private server, server emulator or the source code lmao.

While i agree 100% with the concepts, the road map seems a little bit weird, nonetheless it looks good!

9 minutes ago, Tammi said:

The first time i readed the title, i thought it was a private server, server emulator or the source code lmao.

While i agree 100% with the concepts, the road map seems a little bit weird, nonetheless it looks good!

I wish I would be able to give the news of having an own server but sadly that is out of my hand
Could you elaborate on the roadmap take? I do get if it looks weird cause chronologically it does not make sense often. Is that what you mean?

Respectfully, I feel like this is more of a "polite rant" about Microvolt's history and present/future, rather than a professional document proposing an idea or concept. It's clear that you want to play MV soon, and make sure it's as good as possible, but Masangsoft can do that. Although we're yet to see much from Masangsoft, they've proven that they can make important changes and additions to the game, such as the rifle/sniper sensitivity slider, and they've already made cosmetics/art elements for the game. They have money, and development experience, and a dedicated team for this game specifically. Gathering enough money to purchase the rights to the game, and also expecting people from this community to develop it is out of touch and to be honest, pretty delusional, even though I've considered this in the past, I can admit this. Though I'm certain attaining the rights to Microvolts is possible, I don't think we're at that point just yet, especially because Masangsoft is yet to make a single dollar off of it, after spending hundreds of thousands on ownership of it. They'd at least want to give it a try and see the profitability, which is very high for a game with a rather small playerbase in the grand scheme of things. If they'd market the game, improve on the "new player experience", properly rebalance the weapons, improve on the cheating situation, and produce content on a consistent basis, this game could make many millions, I'm sure of it.

Give it some more time, working with Microvolts is not an easy task considering how old it's foundation is. If Masangsoft is to give up, then we can do something about it, but for now, I think it's impatient and unreasonable to say that they're uncapable of handling this game. Fixing this game is simple, developing it is very tough, take a look at private servers for example. Over the course of many years, the most notable things I can remember are the addition of a couple poorly made game modes, a couple simple maps, some rebalancing (which is really quite simple), some bug/crash fixes, and releasing unreleased cosmetics that they didn't make themselves, and simply recoloring existing items. These are all things that Masangsoft either has done already, or can do with ease.

We recently were shown official information through a post by another forum member explaining that the developers have a lot planned and are not giving up, which is highly respectable considering they have no clue how this game will turn out profit-wise. We should be receiving information soon, and if a developer or team member sees this, we need that information as soon as possible. Many players are losing hope, and in a rather small, yet dedicated community, that's devastating.

I wish this game the best of luck, and I want to play it also, but we need to be more patient. We should all be adults by now, we have better things to do while we wait.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Volt said:

Respectfully, I feel like this is more of a "polite rant" about Microvolt's history and present/future, rather than a professional document proposing an idea or concept. It's clear that you want to play MV soon, and make sure it's as good as possible, but Masangsoft can do that. Although we're yet to see much from Masangsoft, they've proven that they can make important changes and additions to the game, such as the rifle/sniper sensitivity slider, and they've already made cosmetics/art elements for the game. They have money, and development experience, and a dedicated team for this game specifically. Gathering enough money to purchase the rights to the game, and also expecting people from this community to develop it is out of touch and to be honest, pretty delusional, even though I've considered this in the past, I can admit this. Though I'm certain attaining the rights to Microvolts is possible, I don't think we're at that point just yet, especially because Masangsoft is yet to make a single dollar off of it, after spending hundreds of thousands on ownership of it. They'd at least want to give it a try and see the profitability, which is very high for a game with a rather small playerbase in the grand scheme of things. If they'd market the game, improve on the "new player experience", properly rebalance the weapons, improve on the cheating situation, and produce content on a consistent basis, this game could make many millions, I'm sure of it.

Give it some more time, working with Microvolts is not an easy task considering how old it's foundation is. If Masangsoft is to give up, then we can do something about it, but for now, I think it's impatient and unreasonable to say that they're uncapable of handling this game. Fixing this game is simple, developing it is very tough, take a look at private servers for example. Over the course of many years, the most notable things I can remember are the addition of a couple poorly made game modes, a couple simple maps, some rebalancing (which is really quite simple), some bug/crash fixes, and releasing unreleased cosmetics that they didn't make themselves, and simply recoloring existing items. These are all things that Masangsoft either has done already, or can do with ease.

We recently were shown official information through a post by another forum member explaining that the developers have a lot planned and are not giving up, which is highly respectable considering they have no clue how this game will turn out profit-wise. We should be receiving information soon, and if a developer or team member sees this, we need that information as soon as possible. Many players are losing hope, and in a rather small, yet dedicated community, that's devastating.

I wish this game the best of luck, and I want to play it also, but we need to be more patient. We should all be adults by now, we have better things to do while we wait.

first of all, thanks for your honest opinion and your time to read through the document. To your first statement, well its both a somewhat serious document and a rant haha, I tried to be correct but then again the target audience are mv players so who am I kidding.

I did think it was delusional as well, but it is really not. ToyHeroes has done it, so can we. The first step Masangsoft should do is just release the game. The update and fixes can come after, there is really no need to wait. This paper was not intended to push the idea of Masangsoft being successful with mv away, it is a project to showcase what the community might want. ToyHeroes is incapable of doing more because no one has the required software and honestly the owners just do not care anymore. Patience is needed sure, I agree. But as you said, we are getting older, we are mature, and if it is taking 1 more year, I think the majority of MV players has reached the barrier of other concerns and starting from a even smaller playerbase than now, is simply impossible to reach anything.

2 minutes ago, Host said:

first of all, thanks for your honest opinion and your time to read through the document. To your first statement, well its both a somewhat serious document and a rant haha, I tried to be correct but then again the target audience are mv players so who am I kidding.

I did think it was delusional as well, but it is really not. ToyHeroes has done it, so can we. The first step Masangsoft should do is just release the game. The update and fixes can come after, there is really no need to wait. This paper was not intended to push the idea of Masangsoft being successful with mv away, it is a project to showcase what the community might want. ToyHeroes is incapable of doing more because no one has the required software and honestly the owners just do not care anymore. Patience is needed sure, I agree. But as you said, we are getting older, we are mature, and if it is taking 1 more year, I think the majority of MV players has reached the barrier of other concerns and starting from a even smaller playerbase than now, is simply impossible to reach anything.

The issue with releasing the game so quickly, in an unpolished state, is that it would completely divide the community and cause far more harm than good. The last beta's weapon balancing was very poor, I hate to say it but it's true. I've offered my help with balancing, but it seems as if they're dedicated themselves to improve this game, with the help of our feedback. If the game was to be delivered in a poor state, many people would see that and never return. This community has very low patience, and is very, very easily disappointed and angered.

One thing I need to make clear, is that you guys are misinterpreting the words of the developers. Never did they say that development was going to take an extra year before releasing, they said that they have a comprehensive plan for the entire year, not that the game is going to take another year. They also mentioned that they have information to share relatively soon, so I'm guessing another beta will be arriving shortly. A plan for the entire year likely means a content release plan, for example, we get "Closed Beta Phase 3/4", then "Season 1 (Full Release)", "Season 2 + Ranked Mode", "Season 3 + New Map/New Mode", things like that. It's a dangerous misunderstanding, spreading the word that they're going to take another entire year just to get the game in our hands. You're not the only one doing this, I should note.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Volt said:

The issue with releasing the game so quickly, in an unpolished state, is that it would completely divide the community and cause far more harm than good. The last beta's weapon balancing was very poor, I hate to say it but it's true. I've offered my help with balancing, but it seems as if they're dedicated themselves to improve this game, with the help of our feedback. If the game was to be delivered in a poor state, many people would see that and never return. This community has very low patience, and is very, very easily disappointed and angered.

One thing I need to make clear, is that you guys are misinterpreting the words of the developers. Never did they say that development was going to take an extra year before releasing, they said that they have a comprehensive plan for the entire year, not that the game is going to take another year. They also mentioned that they have information to share relatively soon, so I'm guessing another beta will be arriving shortly. A plan for the entire year likely means a content release plan, for example, we get "Closed Beta Phase 3/4", then "Season 1 (Full Release)", "Season 2 + Ranked Mode", "Season 3 + New Map/New Mode", things like that. It's a dangerous misunderstanding, spreading the word that they're going to take another entire year just to get the game in our hands. You're not the only one doing this, I should note.

thanks for replying, never did I say tho that they said it is gonna take a year. I do not really care what they tell us anymore as they have postponed it multiple times. I am just saying IF it takes another year as we can not trust what they are telling us. They are a very very very small team focusing on reviving the game to milk as much money again as they can. And you got me wrong on the "just release it part". MVS was not great, but I would take the 2017 MV that was given to Masangsoft directly over any bullshit they are trying to do now, and thats for most people the case. We are not more impatient than any other community, we are just people that played the game, which is something Masangsoft has not. You can not fix something you know nothing about, so just let us play the game as it was in 2017, and fix it from there on onward by listening to the community. I do not see any disadvantages to this, and cannot understand how someone could disagree to that.

I think you're pretty misinformed, it's almost as if you didn't play the betas. They very clearly now know what they're doing. They've done performance patches, bug and crash fixes, rebalancing (although the weapon rebalance is poor), and more. There's zero evidence that they're just wanting to milk the game also, they've mentioned that they acknowledged the P2W and actually removed basically all of them. If they just wanted to milk the game, they would've just launched as if MV never shut down, kept all P2W elements, and released it a while ago because it'd require very little work at all. Give it some time man, it seems like everyone is losing their minds, don't yall have better things to do?

12 hours ago, Volt said:

I think you're pretty misinformed, it's almost as if you didn't play the betas. They very clearly now know what they're doing. They've done performance patches, bug and crash fixes, rebalancing (although the weapon rebalance is poor), and more. There's zero evidence that they're just wanting to milk the game also, they've mentioned that they acknowledged the P2W and actually removed basically all of them. If they just wanted to milk the game, they would've just launched as if MV never shut down, kept all P2W elements, and released it a while ago because it'd require very little work at all. Give it some time man, it seems like everyone is losing their minds, don't yall have better things to do?

good thing you only focused on one topic from my paragraph, it almost seems like as if you did acknowledge that I was right in some case. 
"zero evidence" lmao. Masangsoft is a company, what does a company want to do? Or do you think its their heart project because they love MicroVolts so much? I think you are pretty uninformed, almost as if you do not know that Masangsoft has specialized in buying old game licenses to get the last 2-3 years of money out of them. Not even mentioning what happened to RaiderZ and GunZ.
Don't you have better things to do? My intention was never to bash them but here I am.

• 4 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 2:37 AM, Volt said:

hey buddy! only 6 more months for my assumption to come true, who would have guessed huh? and you still waiting patiently? :))

3 hours ago, Host said:

hey buddy! only 6 more months for my assumption to come true, who would have guessed huh? and you still waiting patiently? :))

Man I don't even know who you are or what you're talking about, and I don't care enough to read any of this again lmfao. Wild how you still remember any of this, that's pretty sad lol

• Haha 1