General Discussion

Shutdown of ToyHeroes Online?

Boryte

So this is the post about ToyHeroes Online. For everyone not aware, it's a private server based on game files of previous MicroVolts game and yes it's illegal. The company that hosts the "game" doesn't even exist.
I'm curious what will Masangsoft do about it? Will ToyHeroes finally shutdown? It'd be a shame to have seperated communities now when the official game finally released.

The problem is that they cant sue what doesnt exist, if not, why did microvolts never did anything against all the attacks from their staff?

13 minutes ago, м1.єχє said:

We don't know if masangsoft are gonna take action and sue them but it will probably die down once microvolts re-opens

Hope it dies but at the same time it starts dying their staff will just do the same they did to advertise TH during the final mounths of MV, its a cycle, lets hope MVS have a better response for this kind of abusses

The company masangsoft will do something, if ToyHeroes Online is ''stealing'' a lot of players... (Just a exemple), but the ToyHeroes Online day by day the game it's getting bad....

Masangsoft have  all right reserved of game, so if they want... they can haha

12 minutes ago, DURATESTON said:

The company masangsoft will do something, if ToyHeroes Online is ''stealing'' a lot of players... (Just a exemple), but the ToyHeroes Online day by day the game it's getting bad....

Masangsoft have  all right reserved of game, so if they want... they can haha

So, lets say im the owner of TH, you know my nickname, what more do you know about me? I use a VPN, the website is not in my private domain (not even close) and the servers are probably paid from a paypal owned by a random guy from nowhere, after you have this information, what are you going to sue?

TH is not a company is just randoms guys who bought a server and put Microvolts data in it.

Masangsoft do have the right to the game, but who will they sue? Will they sue the owner Braga11 (im from Portugal) that is located in Australia? Or going to sue the company Toy Heroes a "ghost" company located in Brazil ? Suing cost a lot of money and time, the best they can do is put ToyHeroes website down because they are using their game for their own purpose, even then, TH can just pick up the data and do the same thing again...

6 minutes ago, Braga11 said:

So, lets say im the owner of TH, you know my nickname, what more do you know about me? I use a VPN, the website is not in my private domain (not even close) and the servers are probably paid from a paypal owned by a random guy from nowhere, after you have this information, what are you going to sue?

TH is not a company is just randoms guys who bought a server and put Microvolts data in it.

Masangsoft do have the right to the game, but who will they sue? Will they sue the owner Braga11 (im from Portugal) that is located in Australia? Or going to sue the company Toy Heroes a "ghost" company located in Brazil ? Suing cost a lot of money and time, the best they can do is put ToyHeroes website down because they are using their game for their own purpose, even then, TH can just pick up the data and do the same thing again...

Ik this is unethical but the owner of ToyHeroes (El-mo) did the same back in the when real MicroVolts was dying to advertise ToyHeroes.
He was DDoSing the servers and abusing GM tool to spread announcements about ToyHeroes.
Now if we (as a community), we could take the justice in our own hands and do the same. We could DDoS the servers and force existing playerbase to move to the real game (MicroVolts). Ultimately, we could hack into GameMaster account (which someone already did in the past) and use that feature to abuse announcement system.
I'm aware this is extremely unethical. But I believe even that would be better than have seperated communities. I think that's the worst what can happen to the game.

2 minutes ago, Boryte said:

Ik this is unethical but the owner of ToyHeroes (El-mo) did the same back in the when real MicroVolts was dying to advertise ToyHeroes.
He was DDoSing the servers and abusing GM tool to spread announcements about ToyHeroes.
Now if we (as a community), we could take the justice in our own hands and do the same. We could DDoS the servers and force existing playerbase to move to the real game (MicroVolts). Ultimately, we could hack into GameMaster account (which someone already did in the past) and use that feature to abuse announcement system.
I'm aware this is extremely unethical. But I believe even that would be better than have seperated communities. I think that's the worst what can happen to the game.

I dont know anything about programing but if someone does it, he is the real mvp. Even better if he can get acess to is personal information!

Edited by Braga11

It shouldnt take too long till toyheroes closes. If Masangsoft gets MV set up properly, im pretty sure in a few months toyheroes whole playersbase moved. Even those who didnt want to will be forced as there wont be any rooms. 

I don't know how laws work in korea, as I know china has issues with not caring for copyright, but if korea has a better law for copyright then masangsoft can absolutely cease and desist toyheroes for making profits off their IP.

2 hours ago, Boryte said:

Bro toyheroes doesnt get more than 200 players a day in the best days mv already got thousands of people adding it to the wishlist on steam there will be no separate comunities :)))

2 hours ago, Braga11 said:

Well I can tell you right now they already made big mistakes. so they are not as invinicible as you think they are.