General Discussion

Microvolts Tournaments.

grigua

Hello devs and players , since 2012 i ve always wondered why microvolts haven't been active in the competitive part of the game , i think clan wars were fun , but i always felt like microvolts could have been one of the coolest esports out there.

So the question for the devs is , are you planning on doing some serious tournaments?

For the players. Would you like to see microvolts a bit more esport than just fun game with clan wars? (i know that ranked games will be added and the game will not be mainly p2w like it used to be, thats why i am opening this topic)

Edited by grigua
  • Like 2

What makes a competitive sceane is audience and Microvolts never had that, maybe now they can try it but i doubt since the Tournaments are in elimination style and its pretty boring see a 5v5 where everyone stays hiding during 1min w8ing for the radar to spawn.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Braga11 said:

What makes a competitive sceane is audience and Microvolts never had that, maybe now they can try it but i doubt since the Tournaments are in elimination style and its pretty boring see a 5v5 where everyone stays hiding during 1min w8ing for the radar to spawn.

I think is possible to build audience , i mean even if microvolts its an "old" game it has all the features needed to be "mainstream". Every competitive game have a "boring" part during the rounds . Also look at the old videos of hammy , fabrixor , kiindouille , thesituation and all these legends they have insane numbers on their videos tbh. I m not saying that microvolts needs to be the new valorant or new csgo or new league of legends but i am pretty sure it could become an interesting game to follow as well for the competitive side.

• Like 1

I think it would be cool to see this game get some esports action. I agree that some rounds would be boring if people camp it out, but that also happens in different games like csgo and valorant. But if you go watch some clan wars videos on youtube, their full of action, you could probably just make the game have more rounds like 11 (was the max in MV).

I dont know if you guys ever played a game called Albion Online, that game was no competitive sceane and will never have but the devs had a great idea and boosted the views (and twitch rank) by implementing a twitch drop every weekend for the players. Basically a content creator gets payed by Albion to stream and the viewers get drops by the amount of time they see the stream ( the max amount of time is 24H for full drops ). Its a nice way to improve the audience, because if we get like a 10k players base and everyone go see a twitch from hammy (just a exemple) he will improve Microvolts rankigns in twitch and new players will come.

About the gameplay, i personally like the way the game is played, i just think that people who never saw Microvolts will think its a boring game. Maybe if the meta have changes and stuff like that, but honestly i hope my point of view gets proven wrong and the game gets a lot of sucess.

Edited by Braga11
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Braga11 said:

I dont know if you guys ever played a game called Albion Online, that game was no competitive sceane and will never have but the devs had a great idea and boosted the views (and twitch rank) by implementing a twitch drop every weekend for the players. Basically a content creator gets payed by Albion to stream and the viewers get drops by the amount of time they see the stream ( the max amount of time is 24H for full drops ). Its a nice way to improve the audience, because if we get like a 10k players base and everyone go see a twitch from hammy (just a exemple) he will improve Microvolts rankigns in twitch and new players will come.

About the gameplay, i personally like the way the game is played, i just think that people who never saw Microvolts will think its a boring game. Maybe if the meta have changes and stuff like that, but honestly i hope my point of view gets proven wrong and the game gets a lot of sucess.

For the first part i think it could be done , of course thats a dev choice based on how much money they want to invest in the game.

For the second part i think microvolts in some ways is more similar to fortnite than we think , so there is a lot of potential. Let's see what the devs will do.

Capture The Flag is the best mode to use on a tournament side of things. It has the most tactic and most action of them all. Deathmatches can also be fun. Let's see what the bring us...

12 hours ago, Balazio said:

Capture The Flag is the best mode to use on a tournament side of things. It has the most tactic and most action of them all. Deathmatches can also be fun. Let's see what the bring us...

I think elimination is also a good game mode. Maybe in the competitive side of the game you have to play a BO5 with different type of mode (CTF , Elimination , TDM) i mean the games are quick. A lot of ideas lets hope they will do something cool.