General Discussion

Changes the game needs

Hello Leo,

As an avid player with over 500 hours invested in the game, coupled with an additional 1000 hours from the original Microvolts and its sequel, Surge, I'd like to offer some constructive suggestions to enhance the gaming experience. Firstly, it is imperative to establish dedicated servers rather than relying on peer-to-peer host sharing. This ensures a more stable and reliable connection for all players. Furthermore, I propose consolidating the server options to exclusively feature European (EU) and North American (NA) servers. While it may seem exclusionary, it's crucial to prioritize regions where players are most financially invested. Surprisingly, the absence of an NA server located in California, the world's fourth-largest economy, is perplexing. A strategic move would be to establish a server in Sacramento, the capital of California, catering to both Northern and Southern regions of North America, where the majority of our player base resides. It's essential to acknowledge that the bulk of our players hail from the true North American demographic, as opposed to Central and South America. Furthermore, addressing the issue of RNG (random number generator) is paramount. Many skilled players, particularly those from competitive backgrounds, find this feature irksome. Its inclusion tends to favor less skilled players, providing them with a false sense of proficiency. Removing RNG would garner favor among the more seasoned player base. Regarding the recent adjustments to bazookas and grenades, I advocate for a reversal of these changes. While players with superior ping often gain an advantage akin to snipers and rifle users, the inclusion of bazookas and grenades diversifies gameplay, mitigating the perceived unfairness caused by latency discrepancies. Lastly, simplifying the gameplay mechanics by either removing hybrid options or standardizing them to full speed and tank builds would facilitate a smoother learning curve for newcomers. Additionally, ensuring that snipers retain their one-shot capability is crucial. Allowing inexperienced players to survive encounters due to RNG undermines the competitive integrity of the game. In conclusion, implementing these adjustments would not only enhance the gameplay experience but also contribute to the longevity and competitiveness of the community.

Kind Regards, 

CENTAVITO

Edited by Centavito
  • Like 3

Hi, 

I fully agree with everything you said , but we are missing one huge point here: The game doesn't have a future.

It sounds negative and brutal but this is a fact, they simply don't give a sh*t about our opinion , they take way too much time for updates and most of them are dumb capsule updates... there is no MP gain , no MP shop , not a single incetive to make you play and grind. The player base is already gone and they didn't even flinch about it.

I had very high hopes but in the end the company and devs are completely useless as you can see. That's very sad, because this games player base is very loyal even if it's toxic and the game itself is very weird because even with outdated graphics it could easily maintain 2-3-4k players online with the over-asked now features and additions.

• Like 1

I still remember the exciting feeling when MV upgraded to Surge Version, at that time in 2013 there weren't many games to play, it's still an interesting feeling when thinking about it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 10:14 PM, Bogaxd said:

game has nothing to grind and no purpose to play. so its just boring as hell 🙂 

Yes, 99% of games these days are full of meaningless in-game work