General Discussion

Whats happening to microvolts??

Zissy0

Hello!!

So i wanted to check whats new in mv but it seems like the forums is parishly dead and so is the game so what is going on and are the devs aware that the game and community is dying?

I think mv was better to be shut down because while yes its sad that we won't get to okay mv again i think we can look back on our childhood game with memories (like people reminiscing the memories they made in club penguin etc..)

Whats the point of reviving an IP only to kill it again in the most shallow way? Like toy heroes did a better job managing the game than the official one which is honestly embarrassing..how come a few people with coding skills didn't do mv dirty while a company just lets it shrivel and die? 

Mansangsoft just stop being delusional and fix your game before your remaining players turn into tumbleweeds..if they continue on this p2w updates then I'll laugh at their faces when they have no players because thats their fault for focusing on milking money out of loyal players whos been waiting around since 2017 to rerelease the game

Speaking on loyal players..I feel bad on their behalf because this is just shady, of course we have the lack of communication, even the mods couldn't get through to mansangsoft which is a red flag, like if ur gonna hire mods give them a green light on what the hell is going on with your game because most likely, if theres gonna be backlash the mods are gonna have to pay the price for it when they too ade kept in the dark..and i doubt that mansangsoft are paying them enough to deal with them especially how hostile the community can be (or maybe they are getting paid idk im not a mod so how should i know but im just gonna assume.. correct me if im wrong here)

This is just absolutely shameful and embarrassing and at this point, Whales!! Stop spending money on this game! I see players spend large amounts of money on the game and like, dont do that..you are better off spending your money on a box of pizza than giving your money to this greedy company who doesn't care about the game nor its community..and what if the game shuts down yet again? Yep your hard earned money is just down the drain..if previous mv servers shut down whats stopping this current mv to shut down?

Dear mansangsoft, be better, actually add new content! Dont add old content like actual new original content, bring back the old modes and stop adding these capsules that no one is gonna bother spending..

Listen to what the community needs instead of milking money out of loyal players who actually gives a damn about your game while you couldn't even bother to care

Sooner or later you'll be left to shambles and have a dead game, so act up and add major updates! Stop with these mindless updates! Or we won't bother to keep you in business or game afloat!

Sorry if this comes as aggressive but im just pissed on how the game ended up being, from a disappointing release to now..Thats all and have a nice day! (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡

(Oh and sorry for typos and bad grammar!)

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

It hurts to see members of the community that really care about the game feel this way, you aren't alone. It's sad, the way the game we love is being treated, but Masangsoft does have plans to introduce new things and systems we've never experienced before (although that's about all I know and am I able to share, no timeframes were given to us either sadly). I, along with all mods past and present have attempted to get through to them to be more transparent, but it isn't within the people we have contact with to make those decisions sadly. Someone or some policy Masangsoft has as a whole limits their communication and they receive no positive results due to that policy, this stubbornness is one of many things that can doom a game.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Volt said:

It hurts to see members of the community that really care about the game feel this way, you aren't alone. It's sad, the way the game we love is being treated, but Masangsoft does have plans to introduce new things and systems we've never experienced before (although that's about all I know and am I able to share, no timeframes were given to us either sadly). I, along with all mods past and present have attempted to get through to them to be more transparent, but it isn't within the people we have contact with to make those decisions sadly. Someone or some policy Masangsoft has as a whole limits their communication and they receive no positive results due to that policy, this stubbornness is one of many things that can doom a game.

I have so much questions! But I'ma just ask the most major of the subject

1- is mansangsoft treating their staff okay? Because i hope they aren't mistreating their staff

2- about what you said (the plans that mansangsoft have for the game) Is it vague at best? Did they show any roadmap for this at all? And whats up with their policy about "limitations to communication"? 

If they truely want to add new content they should share it instead of just keeping it in the dark, maybe some sneak peaks? (And also im still waiting for that roadmap of Development that they claim to show it..its been a year and thats yet to be shown)

I know its not the leo or the staffs fault, this is mostly falls into mansangsoft since from what i know, they are the face of the company and i think leo was just being told what to do etc..

Thats still no excuse tho, they need to show they are working something big otherwise players are just gonna think that they arent working anything at all

I dont mind if games have these minor or filler updates as long as they show they are working something! They need to show what they are working towards and the direction,(and future) of the game because in this current state its basically dead, i went to come back to play recently and there was only one room available..

I remembered what i said about last year before the games release, that i want mv to be successful or at least have a decent playerbase to at least keep the loyal players from quiting, i still stand by with this statement as i truely want mv to be the best it can be but now even loyal fans are drifting away and the lack of communication between staff and the company is a red flag. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Zissy0 said:

I have so much questions! But I'ma just ask the most major of the subject

1- is mansangsoft treating their staff okay? Because i hope they aren't mistreating their staff

2- about what you said (the plans that mansangsoft have for the game) Is it vague at best? Did they show any roadmap for this at all? And whats up with their policy about "limitations to communication"? 

If they truely want to add new content they should share it instead of just keeping it in the dark, maybe some sneak peaks? (And also im still waiting for that roadmap of Development that they claim to show it..its been a year and thats yet to be shown)

I know its not the leo or the staffs fault, this is mostly falls into mansangsoft since from what i know, they are the face of the company and i think leo was just being told what to do etc..

Thats still no excuse tho, they need to show they are working something big otherwise players are just gonna think that they arent working anything at all

I dont mind if games have these minor or filler updates as long as they show they are working something! They need to show what they are working towards and the direction,(and future) of the game because in this current state its basically dead, i went to come back to play recently and there was only one room available..

I remembered what i said about last year before the games release, that i want mv to be successful or at least have a decent playerbase to at least keep the loyal players from quiting, i still stand by with this statement as i truely want mv to be the best it can be but now even loyal fans are drifting away and the lack of communication between staff and the company is a red flag. 

I haven't heard anything about employees being mistreated, although they limit what they say quite a bit so that wouldn't be shared anyways. They get quite a bit of vacation time and stuff though from the company, but that might just be standard where they're located. Everyone I've spoken to at Masangsoft are very pleasant people, I would never put any blame on the people who aren't at the top. 

When it comes to their plans, I wish we had been given a roadmap but no it was almost just as vague as I was being. If I had more information to share, and was allowed to share more details, I would. What is coming should be sizeable enough to bring back some players and some interest in the game, especially if done well, although this should have came out far sooner.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Volt said:

When it comes to their plans, I wish we had been given a roadmap but no it was almost just as vague as I was being. If I had more information to share, and was allowed to share more details, I would. What is coming should be sizeable enough to bring back some players and some interest in the game, especially if done well, although this should have came out far sooner.

They might want to finish replacing the AC(switching to the free version of EAC, not sure but could be the reason behind the epic games' upcoming release). Although that doesn't excuse them from sharing something, they could've shared a roadmap or at least some vague ideas on what content they want to prioritize instead of applying the same kind of policy as Nexon. As far as i'm aware of, Ranked mode is about to be completed(rank icons are 100% finished, the rest still needs polishing. Can not say anything other than that on it.)

A roadmap was said to be posted since 2022(at the start or the end of the year), GM Levi said it but then he dissappeared. He probably quit.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, OGSapphire said:

A roadmap was said to be posted since 2022(at the start or the end of the year), GM Levi said it but then he dissappeared. He probably quit.

As far as I remember, he encountered some issues with some members of the community and either switched the use of his forum account("MICROVOLTS" as we know it now)or simply quit as you implied.

On 2/17/2024 at 7:07 PM, Volt said:

If they're aware of the problem and don't really try to fix it then what does that say for the future of the game or communication between you and the devs then you and the community? Honestly hearing this is just like how the mods and community of surge were treated and its so heartbreaking. :c They better say something soon because everyone is giving up. Given this company's rep of butchering games for profit doesn't help their case either.

• Sad 2

Masangsoft doesnt care about the game. They only care about the money, this happened with previous games that they bought and it will be the same with microvolts aswell. The 1st problem that the community ignored was that they changed the client and didnt update the most recent one which was Surge version even tho it wasnt the best, shouldve been the one that they started with not an older one....

• Like 1