General Discussion

MP changes & Battery usage (Suggestions)

ZurumiYukasa

Hey there, I am currently just randomly brainstorming about what they could implement into the game and

came across a few things, that could solve some issues we are currently having...

- MP is hard to obtain

- Battery usage is only for tuning

- Membership might need a rework if battery usage becomes more relevant later on

So yeah, those are the issues I think would maybe be solved with those suggestions.

So let's just check the suggestions out together.

1) MP is hard to obtain

There's currently hardly any way to earn enough MP for the Limited Capsule,

because let's face it, there's hardly a reason to obtain MP other than for the limited capsule and

season items in the shop, like the current halloween items, I doubt they stay for too long.
The most efficent way to earn MP is by charging RT onto your account and then selling items you get
from the RT capsule. But no one likes to spend real money to get some in game currency if it could be
achieved easier with simpler means.

We currently have the following ways to earn MP:
- Missions
- Level Up Rewards
- Membership, doesn't directly give you MP but gives you a bonus

- Selling items, mostly from the RT capsule

As you can already see, none of these methods actually provide a solid amount of  MP.

I'd had to grind days and days only to get 5.3k MP for a shop item, and some even cost 9.6k MP.

Unless I am willing to spend real money of course.

These ways could work for in game MP earnings, without breaking the game:
- Slight MP gain after every match you play, based on time, kills and deaths. Every minute played should 
  give you around 25MP, every kill should give you 3MP and deaths should count as losing 1MP. 
  So let's say you play a game of FFA that lasts you 7 minutes and 30 seconds, 
  you get 20 kills and 5 deaths, calculation would work as followed:
  25MP x 7.5m =182.5MP ; 20Kills x 3MP = 60MP ; 5Deaths x -1MP = -5MP ; 
  182.5MP + 60MP - 5MP = 237.5MP ~ 238MP
- Additional to the one above, MP Bonuses could be a thing, for example, playing with a friend in the 
  same team could give you a little bit of extra MP after each game. Being with Clan Members could do the
  same.
- A market system where you can put items in and sell them to other players for MP as well as for other
  items. But I already introduced this idea with the Trading System thread I made if you wanna know

more details about that one.

2) Battery usage

We currently can only use the battery for tuning, but you can't really upgrade weapons anymore, hence
most people will only tune an item once. Other than that, battery has no use.

It's easily collectable and through membership completely rendered as useless to farm, as you get infinite of it.

Further upgrades would be a route to go, not necessarily for more upgrades but for example using them for visual effects,

an upgrade system that basically changes the looks of weapons, letting them shoot colorful glowing shots or let them glow in
certain colors, sparkle as well, as we had in former games. In short:

Visual Upgrade System

3) Membership

The current membership features, are as followed:
 - Presets for characters
 - Membership UI
 - Unlimited Battery
 - 10% Daily/Weekly Rewards
 - Daily RT

These features are okay so far, but they ruin some of the game aspects.

Presets is handy to have, no issues there.

Membership UI is nothing that changes things for the game itself but gives people

a feeling of having something stick out on their profile? I don't know what else there would be to it.

Unlimited Battery is probably the aspect I find most irritating, because in the future battery might be more relavant.

If the amount stays it might turn into a huge advantage depending on what they decide to do.

With the current MP situation, 10% MP Bonus on Missions ain't that great, but still better than nothing.

Nothing wrong with daily RT, as it doesn't interfere with the balance of the game and is not p2w yet.

Here's what I think should be changed or added:
- Membership UI is good too but glitches out at the moment and reverts back to Novice status at times

so fixing that would be great (Not a priority as it is easily fixed by clicking on it)
- Change the battery usage to 3k daily battery instead of unlimited usage, to avoid future disturbance 
   if battery becomes relevant at some point, to not go the p2w route
- Change the 10% to 20% as MP is hard to get by at the moment

- Add daily 1k MP as there's not enough ways to earn MP efficently yet.

Let me know what you think about the things mentioned above and be real with your opinions.

Critic is good but please make them so that you add your reasons and don't just say "It's bad".

I can only take critic to heart if I can see what needs to change or could be reworked.