General Discussion

Change NA Servers Location

Kenguini

I don't believe this "issue" is really brought up as much since NA itself is probably unfortunately the least played out of the 3 major servers.

I was wondering if it was possible if the NA server could be hosted on a central server, and not an east coast server. I usually play Europe anyways since the player base is bigger than NA's, but for the time when I do play NA, I get bad ping since I live on the west coast.

For references, I get roughly 80+ ping on NA, and 160 on EU, when on NA/US Central, I would get roughly 40-60, which would not only be a "me" thing it would be for the whole US, being centered servers, so everyone is playing around the same ping if you're from the states.

I honestly don't know what I worded wrong sorry, the NA server is hosted on Easts Server.  So somewhere near New York/Virginia for example, when you play games competitively, you tend to put servers on the North America servers, centrally, so for example, Texas/Chicago. So with that, people on the west and east will get roughly 50~ ping, and obviously people in central get the lowest ping, but it's the best way to balance ping in the states.

8 minutes ago, MushieMushie said:

The map isn't mapping, I'm confused too? I'm on the east coast, if I go to South America my bars are between blue and orange...EU it's straight up red? Idk.

2 minutes ago, Kenguini said:

I honestly don't know what I worded wrong sorry, the NA server is hosted on Easts Server.  So somewhere near New York/Virginia for example, when you play games competitively, you tend to put servers on the North America servers, centrally, so for example, Texas/Chicago. So with that, people on the west and east will get roughly 50~ ping, and obviously people in central get the lowest ping, but it's the best way to balance ping in the states.

I was testing out what you said, yeah I kinda get what you're saying. I just don't really know because I'm not on that side of the map where you are. Are you more north or south on the west side? Honestly, I didn't try to EU servers I did SA because back then EU I had like 300ms. I tried it again and my it's between 130-140 and NA it's 40-50. We need something from NorthEast to tell us their ping, I live SouthEast lol.

3 minutes ago, MushieMushie said:

I was testing out what you said, yeah I kinda get what you're saying. I just don't really know because I'm not on that side of the map where you are. Are you more north or south on the west side? Honestly, I didn't try to EU servers I did SA because back then EU I had like 300ms. I tried it again and my it's between 130-140 and NA it's 40-50. We need something from NorthEast to tell us their ping, I live SouthEast lol.

Ah okay yeah no worries. Yes I'm on the west coast, so for me, it's roughly 80~ on NA, and 160-180 on EU. I would safely assume it's definitely NE, because literally Valorant has the whole drop-down menu of servers, and same with other games. I was playing EU earlier, and had someone from NE, have 110~ ping which would make sense depending on map locations. Nonetheless wherever it's at, it should still definitely be central servers for sure, because it definitely isn't. 

20 minutes ago, Kenguini said:

Ah okay yeah no worries. Yes I'm on the west coast, so for me, it's roughly 80~ on NA, and 160-180 on EU. I would safely assume it's definitely NE, because literally Valorant has the whole drop-down menu of servers, and same with other games. I was playing EU earlier, and had someone from NE, have 110~ ping which would make sense depending on map locations. Nonetheless wherever it's at, it should still definitely be central servers for sure, because it definitely isn't. 

Hey yeah, I been playing EU servers and I think NA servers might have something wrong with them. Because NA my ms will spike up but I just played 5 games in EU without a single spike. Idk, it's weird lol.

Instead of NA 1 and NA 2 we should have NA East and NA West, I get like 16ms, don't move them please 😂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Volt said:

Instead of NA 1 and NA 2 we should have NA East and NA West, I get like 16ms, don't move them please 😂

Nah, I wouldn't say move any, just add more in the future is possible 😂. NA is huge and needs more coverage.

56 minutes ago, MushieMushie said:

Nah, I wouldn't say move any, just add more in the future is possible 😂. NA is huge and needs more coverage.

It's just kinda pointless considering there's such few NA players. Adding extra servers right now would be a waste, removing one and adding one in a different location makes a whole lot of sense. I haven't seen NA 1's capacity even hit "Busy" or orange status.

1 hour ago, Kenguini said:

If it's more cost efficient, definitely remove NA 2, we're not hitting busy anytime soon on NA, and switch 1 to Central.

Maybe bcs all NA players play on EU... it doesn't affect them to have 200+ ping but it's very funny for me to get infected from the other half of the map on zombie mode, ofc NA doesn't have as much players, but part of the problems are the players who automaticlly play on EU all the time for no reason. But yeah, if you get bad ping they should consider moving the hosting location.