General Discussion

In retrospect, the good and the bad.

Opa

Before anything, i want to acknowledge some things i think Masang absolutely NAILED:

• Being transparent with the Capsule Machine % probabilities;
  • Adding ADS sensitivity for both rifle and Sniper is a HUGE feature that was needed;
  • Having the vision and intent to Implement an ELO system to the game;
  • Releasing cool new cosmetics;
  • Having community goals such as the wish-list Event;
  • A cool idea for marketing with the "Social Media Share Fiesta" whilst giving back to players at the same time.

But now, lets talk about the main but least exciting topic of the post...
  It's undeniable that Microvolts fans wanted the game released as soon as possible.
 But it has been 2 weeks since release, and i have already seen some feedback from the community for feeling a lack of drive to play.
 I also am feeling this way...

I have seen some good suggestions to remedy this lack of drive, such as:

• A Better leveling that isn't so fast, any level above 100 sounds ridiculous but majority of people are up there;
  • A way to farm MP through games and not solely level, and new ways to spend that MP. (Simply new MP parts and such)
  • New level icons;
  • Clans;

e.t.c...

But as each day passes, we have to realize the harsh truth that people aren't sticking around to play, and that the daily player count, sadly, is dropping.
The feeling that this won't stop until Ranked (4v4/1v1League) is released, is what feels most realistic to me...

A huge part that drives shooters, and modern games in general, is how competitive they are and if there is a ELO system implemented.

This is my perspective on the game as of now, do you guys agree?
Would love to hear some new suggestions, or if you don't fully agree with the sentiment.

Cheers everyone! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Though the gameplay should motivate enough to go on.. and it's enough for some players, it's not debatable that you need some other things to get players going..

Either you reward MP for matches or perhaps some RT for level ups that you can grind up some capsules to perhaps get even more rewarded for making XP.. tho you have to watch out for potential farming if they implement more rewards for levels.

For a proper elo and Ranked system you need more players to go against.. but time will tell if and when they will add it.

Perhaps it's a good thing for potential newcomers too.. since most of the good people go over to ranked while more fresh/medium players can go into casual matches and actually learn the game and have fun.

10 hours ago, Serphinious said:

Though the gameplay should motivate enough to go on.. and it's enough for some players, it's not debatable that you need some other things to get players going..

Either you reward MP for matches or perhaps some RT for level ups that you can grind up some capsules to perhaps get even more rewarded for making XP.. tho you have to watch out for potential farming if they implement more rewards for levels.

For a proper elo and Ranked system you need more players to go against.. but time will tell if and when they will add it.

Perhaps it's a good thing for potential newcomers too.. since most of the good people go over to ranked while more fresh/medium players can go into casual matches and actually learn the game and have fun.

Hi Serphinious,
 In regards to ranked, the only issue we would encounter would be ranked fluctuation in the long run.
But even this would not be an issue at all, we have seen this happen with other games, for example League of legends...
At the first ranked seasons of the game, the top of the top players, look like the gold players of today.

If ranked came out today, and my skill level was around (I'm going to use LoL Ranks as reference, since i don't know the Microvolts ones) "Diamond", i wouldn't be mad if i got to "Gold" or "Silver" as the game progresses and there is more players and competition...
I would accept my competition and if i wanted to be better, i would have to earn it like the other players.

Releasing ranked today, would immediately fix the "lack of drive" hole the community is experiencing and give a real way to measure skill and progress.
It would also provide more organized gameplay, and even non-competitive players would probably appreciate it...

I appreciate you for sharing your thoughts! 👊👍

• Like 1

We need old icons and level system back.

We need Mp after a match.

We need cw and clans updates.

We need more capsules to.

We need the devs to listen to us.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, j0hNESY said:

Completely agree.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, j0hNESY said:

exactly, i mean should be not that difficult since they were part of the gane before

17 hours ago, Serphinious said:

Yeah, that didnt do it for me.

Its half done, modes missing from the MV Surge days, Itemshop being barebones.

Theres nothing motivating ranking up, getting no MP, nothing from the shop besides the basic things.

• Like 1
On 9/23/2023 at 11:04 PM, Log1c said:

exactly, i mean should be not that difficult since they were part of the gane before

Right? Whats the big problem to bring what we are asking since launch if its probably a "easy" thing to do?