General Discussion

About the Kick System...

Volt

It really needs some tweaks, or to be removed. I played for the first time today (I was out of town or I would've played as soon as possible lol) and I was kicked like 4 times. Called a cheater, hacker, insulted, it's pretty annoying. I feel like I have to go easy in these lobbies otherwise I'm getting kicked. And of course when I prefer to play Free for All, there aren't always a ton of open matches, there were many times in Microvolts Surge where I had gotten kicked from half of the active lobbies... Really hoping something can be done about this, being punished for being a good player is not a great feeling.

When there's moderation in-game, that can actually kick/ban cheaters actively, I think it'd make a lot of sense for this system to be disabled for the time being. It'd be really nice to have the report system working, it should flag players that are reported so they can be spectated and stats checked to see if they are legit. Same goes for toxicity too, a report should flag them and their chat logs should be available to moderators so they can decide whether or not to kick/ban someone, that power shouldn't be in the players hands, it feels like quite an outdated system.

• Like 1

Volt the kicking system was horrible and still is. 

You are kicked cus you are better than others, you kill more than them, you use tank or some other stupid "excuse".

Being kicked when you are doing a great game its annoying af nad shouldnt be that easy.

Yeah i understand you when you say that youn need to go easy... the community needs to grow up a little bit, or just play in "pro" rooms.

• Like 1

i get kicked daily from FFA and TDM lobbies because i use a minigun. that's it. there's literal cheaters sniping from across the map and also from point blank with a perfect aim (because that's what the cheat does) but noone bats an eye, noone wants to ban them. BUT THE MG PLAYERS ARE THE PROBLEM KICK THEM !!11!!11one

fr, i love minigun in this game and i'll keep using it :)))

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The kick system has always been a problem.

I remember many times trying to kick hackers out and players voting no. At the same time I was kicked for some stupid reason like not holding the battery or just having a good day on sniper.

The only way of taking it down was if they could afford a big team of mods to monitor the rooms. Sadly that's not happening anytime soon. 

Hello

Your frustration is understandable, but we must keep the positive side, we have only been online for a few days, let's have a little patience and hope that this will be resolved in the future.

The idea is not to expel anyone from any room either, the idea is to make people aware that the expulsion system is there for various reasons, which you can find when using it and not to go around expelling people for no valid reason.

Greetings

I think that the kick system has never been used for the purpose it was created.

Behind any vote, there has never been a further investigation from the support team, which led to people abusing it, let me explain it.

Technically the vote system is good, but it's not used as it should.

Usually players use it to kick good players from the room, probabily for envy or other unnecessary reasons, therefore i believe that the staff should give a different and deeper importance to the vote, making the players liable of their actions.

New System: You can start a vote as you normally do but under a few more conditions and responsabilities:

a) Inappropriate language: You write the timestamp and the words used  and the support team checks the chat logs, if the staff finds evidence about it, will proceed towards the reported player.

b) Using of glitches: You upload a screenshot or a video to the support team, and they will proceed taking actions towards the reported player.

c) Using cheats: You upload any form of evidence to the support team, and they will proceed taking actions towards the reported player.

d) Disturbing other players: You upload any form of evidence to the support team, and they will proceed taking actions towards the reported player.

Q: What's the difference between this and the older system?

A: This time the votes are analized by the staff team, and if the votes are not confirmed by the staff e.g. ( no evidence uploaded ) actions will be taken towards the players that started the votes, vice versa according to the importance of the votes, the staff might redeem the players to encourage them in using it for the correct purpose.

Q: What is the target of this new system?

A: The target is demotivate players from abusing the vote, because if they will, there will be consequences, but at the same time encouraging people using it for the purpose it has been created.

6 hours ago, Nax said:

Hello

Your frustration is understandable, but we must keep the positive side, we have only been online for a few days, let's have a little patience and hope that this will be resolved in the future.

The idea is not to expel anyone from any room either, the idea is to make people aware that the expulsion system is there for various reasons, which you can find when using it and not to go around expelling people for no valid reason.

Greetings

I'm sure they can fix it, but I dealt with this very same issue in Microvolts Surge, so much to the point where the support team themselves had to give me "Kick Protect Tickets" so I couldn't be kicked from matches. Someone had to point out the flaws in the system, that's all this post is.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, ReloadedCypher said:

Many people actually abuse this kick system, this should have been reviewed since the Surge

There used to be kick protects which basically made the votekick system pointless, which is why it needs heavy reworking lol. But sadly I think this is more of a community issue than a game issue, since tf2 has the same votekicking system but people don't really abuse it there. Unfortunately, microvolts players are alot more prideful and hostile so this may be an unfixable issue in some ways. I think removing it would be very viable, but there's also NO moderation, so an extremely hateful and racist person could get away with anything if it's gone.