General Discussion

Beta testers and Exclusive Items

RunOrDie

My thoughts on Beta Testers, getting exclusive items.

There are 100s of players, trying to get a key and still can't.

That would be EXTREMELY unfair to those people.

You wonna give exclusive items to Beta testers? Thats fine.

But give them to everyone who wants / participates on Beta, BUT no player must be excluded.

PS: Please don't suggest me the 20 keys generator.

I already tried it 3 times, (in 2 of them i was excactly on time), and none was working.

People just use web scraping bots to grab the codes and later on they sell them on the Discord Group.

15 minutes ago, RunOrDie said:

No one is getting exclusive items

1 hour ago, NightShade said:

For anyone else the MP coupon not working?

you have to use with hyphens.

3 hours ago, RunOrDie said:

There are 100s of players, trying to get a key and still can't.

That would be EXTREMELY unfair to those people.

You wonna give exclusive items to Beta testers? Thats fine.

But give them to everyone who wants / participates on Beta, BUT no player must be excluded.

PS: Please don't suggest me the 20 keys generator.

I already tried it 3 times, (in 2 of them i was excactly on time), and none was working.

People just use web scraping bots to grab the codes and later on they sell them on the Discord Group.

Ok but how are you gonna say you wonna givve exclusive items to beta testers and thats unfair??? its a CLOSED BETA for a reason not all of us get picked out for a CLOSED BETA only a few people.. I understand that the steam key auto generator its bad but theres still another weekend.... Besides nothing is fair just so you know

Edited by OGSapphire
  • Like 1

Kinda agree, but it's still unfair.

I know people who got keys on their email and they didn't even sign up on time.

How do you feel about that? Its fair?

Also there's a lot of people who know a guy, that knows a guy etc.

And they get keys this way.

That's just bad reputation for the game.

Don't agree with your statement. its the same in any Steam beta game. There will be rewards for those who played in the beta test. Remember that the beta test is mostly for feedback. I got a key and played approximately  8 hours. Just to see bugs and give a feedback on the game.

I get that you want the beta access and i would be in your shoes as well if i couldn't play my og favorite game and everyone else could.

But not in the rewards aspect. It is like a title. Player who were there should get something out of it. Simple logic.

I never said i didn't wonna give feedback though.

Of course i would, and hopefully everyone does.

I already feel bad about some things (for ex the heal/ammo spawns) but thats a totally different topic.

If i was a player who would be in Beta, of course i would want rewards.

Why wouldn't i?

In fact i wouldn't have any problem, receiving rewards at any moment. Whether it's in Beta or not.

But that still doesn't change the fact that this is unfair to other players, who want to try the game and send feedback.

Maybe there's lots of programmers let outside, and they could help fix some of the issues.

For example, i'm not a programmer, but i've studied some programming languages, so i could send feedback on how some issues could be resolved.

And this goes way further beyond. People who have knowledge in any kind of networking, or graphic design could help a lot too.

But this can't happen when they are left outside and treated like trash.

Because thats what they feel, when they try all day and everyday to get a key from they "beloved" game, and they're treated this way.

I do get that its a BETA, and not everyone should be able to have access, but i still stand by my take.

No rewards should be given, to avoid any kind of further frustration.

Edited by RunOrDie

I share and agree with the author of the post. The game has a lot of room for improvement, and the community that loves this game is willing to help. However, we also have to understand their side, as it is not easy to hire anyone for the team without any monetary incentive.