General Discussion

The release date is questionable

OConnor

Leo has stated in his announcement that the release will take place around August, yes, nothing confirmed or guaranteed, still quite the statement though. The funny part lies in how the CBT ends on 6th of August. I just find it quite unrealistic for them to release it in the same month considering they'll have to take feedback once again, review it, and test it within gameplay - unless they plan on speed-running this, lol.

On the other hand, perhaps they are simply just wanting to see how their latest changes affect gameplay on a minimal scale, considering the feedback since the last CBT and if they're all on the positive sides, maybe they'll be able to release it as said.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, OConnor said:

Leo has stated in his announcement that the release will take place around August, yes, nothing confirmed or guaranteed, still quite the statement though. The funny part lies in how the CBT ends on 6th of August. I just find it quite unrealistic for them to release it in the same month considering they'll have to take feedback once again, review it, and test it within gameplay - unless they plan on speed-running this, lol.

On the other hand, perhaps they are simply just wanting to see how their latest changes affect gameplay on a minimal scale, considering the feedback since the last CBT and if they're all on the positive sides, maybe they'll be able to release it as said.

Any thoughts?

Fair point, but also what's more questionable is that they'll only allow us to play on Fridays to Sundays. They didn't do this for the last 2 betas, I honestly don't see the reason for this. "Starting from the beginning of  Closed Beta 3.0 on  July 21 at 06:00 UTC - August 6 on Steam,  you will have access to the game every Friday to Sunday. " Just a bit weird innit

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Vindication said:

Fair point, but also what's more questionable is that they'll only allow us to play on Fridays to Sundays. They didn't do this for the last 2 betas, I honestly don't see the reason for this. "Starting from the beginning of  Closed Beta 3.0 on  July 21 at 06:00 UTC - August 6 on Steam,  you will have access to the game every Friday to Sunday. " Just a bit weird innit

Just firing a Pulse into the unseen void here, but its probably for weekly patches/changes.

I dont really see any other reason why they'd do that haha

• Like 3
4 hours ago, OConnor said:

Any thoughts?

who gives a fuck, we're finally getting in!

5 hours ago, Vindication said:

I think it's smart, the first 2 betas had servers open for literally 0 players for a whole week (after the first few days of hype ended). So for them to save on costs, they can just have people test things for a day or two, then get feedback and close servers for abit then reopen them when needed. And as spiffy said, they might have listened and might start implementing live feedback, which IF true, would be a huge step in the right direction.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I think it's smart, the first 2 betas had servers open for literally 0 players for a whole week (after the first few days of hype ended). So for them to save on costs, they can just have people test things for a day or two, then get feedback and close servers for abit then reopen them when needed. And as spiffy said, they might have listened and might start implementing live feedback, which IF true, would be a huge step in the right direction.

You are 100% right 

59 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Fair point, you and Spiffy are probably right. I didn't think of it like that

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

200 IQ

I'd imagine the game is fairly complete at this point, people have provided enough feedback to make this game better than what we had in Surge and that alone would be amazing, even without "new" content in my opinion. I bet we play for a bit and give some feedback, they make some last minute changes, then they release late August, maybe September but I don't think they want to delay it any more. With people who know the game well I would honestly say they could've released the game by now, two beta phases should be enough for a fairly simple game like MV, I wish they would've just worked off of what they were handed with Surge though, and if they did I feel as if something went very wrong.