General Discussion

Forum Rules need to be changed...

Vindication

Hey guys, this is BioWarz speaking from a new account I've had to create because I was "restricted" from the forums a couple weeks ago because I had violated the rules by "uploading prohibited posts"

From what I can understand using my memory and the little information the support team gave me, I concluded that I had been restricted for Rule 3, which states that "No 'Spam' is permitted". Back when TFury (who had the most hilarious attitude for a scammer, I must say) had plagued the forums for the second time with the Delta Airlines or whatever scam forum posts, I had decided to make a little joke where I had written a paragraph solely with the words "I Love Delta Airlines" mashed together repeatedly with the words "I'm just kidding, please don't ban me" (or something along those lines, I can't recall especially considering that post has been removed) in the middle of the paragraph. This quip went completely ignored and I had completely forgotten about it, as I'm sure the 14 people who had read it also had.

A month later or so, all my forum posts and replies had been completely wiped from the Forum, and I was unable to create, reply or react to any forum posts; simply met with the message "You are currently restricted from posting content" After contacting support and whatnot I got my clarification, with the message now including "This restriction will end on July 20, 2023"

I'm completely content with waiting until that date as long as I get all my permissions and previous posts back. However, following this incident I think that it is absolutely vital to change the Forum Rules. Rules 1-8 all have varying amounts of vagueness and unclarity. Which I believe can, has, and will lead to many consequences for many people. For example, Rule 3 does not exactly define whether "Spam" is referring to the spamming of multiple forum posts or the spamming of words in a singular forum post, which had led to my restriction since I was deceived by the rules. Rule 1 and 2 may suffer from correctly guiding individuals as to what exactly is offensive, such as Homophobic remarks which are not included in Rule 1, or criticisms that somehow may fall into Rule 2.

Some of you guys may think I'm being overconcerned, however there's a reason why contracts and whatnot have incredibly clear descriptions on which terms or conditions exactly mean what. I'm not going to name anybody, but I know that there are, and has been, some forum members who I believe have violated the rules and could be banned. Considering that the MV Team has the jurisdiction to "[have one's] posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice. ", anything could happen to anybody's account and I wouldn't want anyone else to be surprised when they violate an unclear rule

Lastly, (To any MV Team member reading this) I want to clearly state that the creation and utilization of this account: 'Vindication' is NOT in violation of Rule 5. I am not at all able to use my previous account 'BioWarz' due to the restrictions imposed on me. Therefore, I am, now currently, not at all using any other account or "username" besides Vindication. This account will be used only during the time period of BioWarz's restriction, of which after I will abandon and solely use BioWarz as my main, and only, account.

If Vindication and BioWarz gets banned, then this serves as a concrete example of the consequences of unclear rules. Thank you all who have read to the end, I appreciate your persistency to read my whole spiel

Edited by Vindication
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Vindication changed the title to Forum Rules need to be changed...

I agree with you there.

This rule is worded very strangely and was not enforced correctly in this case.
Satire or making jokes should still be allowed. I think you got caught in the crossfire there.

The Masanggames team is usually very professional and accurate in such decisions.
Every conversation with the team has been professional.

I think in this case we as a community need to address the team and point out this error. 

@ MicroVolts @ Leo (can't tag them..)

Cheers,
MVL

• Like 3

My access was also restricted since TFury spammed the forum last time.

I then posted in a new thread created by a player who I believe had the same fate as me. In that topic I uploaded a picture of a clown in front of a computer and associated Tfury with that picture. On the 15th of June I saw that they restricted my access.

I made a ticket to find out why. And on the 21st of June they told me that it was by mistake.

Exactly as they said:

"When our website had a problem with spammers, the system accidentally restricted your account to post."

"Currently, your restriction has been removed.

• Like 1

I'd understand giving out warnings and whatnot, but they definitely need to make sure they don't just wipe people's previous posts UNLESS they are just clearly spamming like the scam/spam junk we get occasionally. The rules need to be cleared up as well, I didn't realize they were so vague as you pointed out. I'm not sure if it'd be possible to restore your posts and replies that were removed, that really is a shame. I hadn't heard of people actually being punished on this forum, deserved or not, outside of the spam nonsense. I don't think you're overreacting, bringing attention to it now is the only way things can really improve, I'm glad you did so.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Alecsu said:

My access was also restricted since TFury spammed the forum last time.

I then posted in a new thread created by a player who I believe had the same fate as me. In that topic I uploaded a picture of a clown in front of a computer and associated Tfury with that picture. On the 15th of June I saw that they restricted my access.

I remember that exact post, I thought it was quite funny. A real shame you, I and some other people got restricted due to that whole fiasco

• Like 2