PD's Notes

[PD's note] The latest news for release schedule

Leo

Hello, players!

Firstly, I sincerely apologize for the delay in updating the news.
Our dev team has been making huge efforts to prepare for releasing Microvolts. It is grateful to enter the last phase for opening the new Microvolts’ world.

After analyzing the data and feedback related to the 2nd CBT, we realize that there are essential parts to improve. Especially, policies for protecting equality for players and dealing with hacking and abuse are needed. If we can solve these issues, it would be easier to enjoy the game I dream of and pursue lifetime game service.

Therefore, we will add a replay system. You can watch the replay video in-game, enabling you to report cheating with this replay system. The replay system is under development, but we finished making the main function. I recorded a demo video. Please stay tuned 🙂

We aim to release Microvolts around this August. Before the official release, the last CBT is expected as well. When we release the game, Europe which has most of the players will be the main server. The sub-area is fixed including North America, South America, Middle East, East Asia and Southeast Asia. We may change sub-channels depending on the number of players.

It is a great honor to get a chance to revive Microvolts. The dev team will try our best to release the game for sure. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
PD Leo

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9
  • Leo changed the title to [PD's note] The latest news for release schedule

Replay system seems like a fitting addition, not just to check suspicious behavior, but also to just watch back older games, very cool!!

However, without proper anti-cheat, I feel like this wouldn't be as effective as it could be. 

Edited by sybr
  • Like 1

First of all, good afternoon, Leo, and everyone else. After what I saw in this post, I think I can confirm that the moment many of us have been dreaming of for many years is finally arriving... And it's getting even better. As a long-time player of Microvolts, I really have to thank Leo and the rest of the team working on Microvolts. You have implemented a very, very important tool for the game's future! FINALLY, the so-called "Legends" in the rooms will come to an end (I won't mention names, but you know who they are). And now, let's see if they are really as good as they claim to be, eheheh. FINALLY, we see the opportunity to directly report cheaters. I'm really enjoying what I'm seeing!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello, players!

Our dev team has been making huge efforts to prepare for releasing Microvolts. It is grateful to enter the last phase for opening the new Microvolts’ world.

After analyzing the data and feedback related to the 2nd CBT, we realize that there are essential parts to improve. Especially, policies for protecting equality for players and dealing with hacking and abuse are needed. If we can solve these issues, it would be easier to enjoy the game I dream of and pursue lifetime game service.

Therefore, we will add a replay system. You can watch the replay video in-game, enabling you to report cheating with this replay system. The replay system is under development, but we finished making the main function. I recorded a demo video. Please stay tuned 🙂

We aim to release Microvolts around this August. Before the official release, the last CBT is expected as well. When we release the game, Europe which has most of the players will be the main server. The sub-area is fixed including North America, South America, Middle East, East Asia and Southeast Asia. We may change sub-channels depending on the number of players.

It is a great honor to get a chance to revive Microvolts. The dev team will try our best to release the game for sure. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
PD Leo

Dear Director Leo,

It is with great pleasure that we reconnect after months of no communication. As always, your presence brings us satisfaction, as we have become accustomed to receiving positive updates from you.

First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude for the addition of the replay system. This valuable feature not only simplifies the process of reporting hackers but also facilitates the capture of memorable moments. While this brilliant approach may not guarantee 100% effectiveness, there is a minor enhancement that could further benefit the game's community.

My proposal involves replacing the index column with a universally unique identifier for each saved replay in the database. This modification would enable us to reference the replay's unique identifier to an administrator for review. Accordingly, there would be no need to record the replay and upload it to report an incident.

Additionally, we would greatly appreciate the availability of more demonstration videos similar to the one provided.

Thank you once again for your continuous dedication and for considering these suggestions.

Sincerely,

• Like 1

Its always great to hear you Leo.
Be able to report suspicious players is cool and its nice to see that dev team care about the hacking problem. However, when i read "replay system" i first thought about better content for the game, making easier for people to create montage or record game moments, this is a quality life change and i love it!

Furthermore,  i suggest to make an option for replay system for Clan Wars, because people could use hacks on clan wars and also to make easier content.

Now, i have a question... Should people that use exploits, glitches or bugs on the game be reported aswell? I would like to think that they should. Maybe dont ban them at first, but a warning or some minor penalties would be awsome to prevent them.

8 minutes ago, BioWarz said:

Thank you so much Leo!

I think I speak for a relatively substanial portion of this community when I say that we'll be waiting patiently and eargerly for the game to be released

Im exited that the game is finally released ! But i won't be able to play until next year sadly :,) 

anyways i wanna ask, are you planning on making or becoming a MVR content creator on your YouTube channel? : D 

I'm actually so hyped for the demo reviewer! I've been dreaming of that for a long time now, really excited to have it happen!

This is lovely glad you folk and listening to us and are finding ways of adressing cheating. Now can you please start showing us the direction youre taking the game ? So we the people who will play the game can help you steer it towards the direction we want the game to take.

17 minutes ago, BioWarz said:

It's hard to contemplate, I love Microvolts and it was very fun to create my 2 videos and see the positive and excited comments from the viewers.

However MVR doesn't seem to be introducing much new content, which doesn't bother me as a player much, however as a content creator it does relatively limit your opporutunites for creativity and original/unique content. MV has generally been a small community and, no offense to us, I doubt it will expand significantly, which limits how succesful I could be. I know it sounds petty/shallow to be looking for success but without incentive to produce content it really hinders your motivaton.

I do like being a content creator though, so if I do continue making videos, some may be on MV but I will most definitely expand my horizons elsewhere

Well whatever content you are gonna create, wish ya success and im looking forward to it in the future!! (⁠ノ⁠◕⁠ヮ⁠◕⁠)⁠ノ⁠*⁠.⁠✧

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, BioWarz said:

It's hard to contemplate, I love Microvolts and it was very fun to create my 2 videos and see the positive and excited comments from the viewers.

However MVR doesn't seem to be introducing much new content, which doesn't bother me as a player much, however as a content creator it does relatively limit your opporutunites for creativity and original/unique content. MV has generally been a small community and, no offense to us, I doubt it will expand significantly, which limits how succesful I could be. I know it sounds petty/shallow to be looking for success but without incentive to produce content it really hinders your motivaton.

I do like being a content creator though, so if I do continue making videos, some may be on MV but I will most definitely expand my horizons elsewhere

Big agree with this, anyways after the release they might improve the pve (single wave, boss battle) and maybe create something new like a tower defense mode (it is the first thing i thought, dont hate me for it XD).

I truly think that the pve on MV is underrated, and could bring variety to the game. They dont need to only use old MV things, create items and features related to "Toys", as it is the main focus of the characters.

With all of that, a pve rank system where u can regist your Boss Battle or single Wave time records would create a competivity for the players that might help players to improve and try things, and not just beat the mode.

Very happy to hear from the team, it's been quite some time, some of us were getting rather worried. I'm very excited for the replay system, this will help for many things, not even just reporting and banning cheaters. There's plenty of uses for content creation as well which is something MV desperately needs to grow it's community and attract new players.

I cannot stress enough that communication needs to be continued if possible, even just asking the community how it feels about certain topics or getting help from very experienced members of the community like myself would do the game a lot of good. Asking a simple question about something could save many dev hours, or having to reverse it after something was already worked on. I hope weapon balance is tweaked as well for the third beta, it was my largest concern for the most part in both previous beta phases, and I'd like to offer my help if the team needs it.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Alecsu said:

This is nice ! 

I hope you also add in the kick menu, the function to see player statuses in case a hacker tries to impersonate another player by changing his name during a match to be kicked out more easily without the person whose name was copied being wrongly accused.

These methods were used in the old game and I hope they don't happen again.

I personally think they should leave this out, but fix/add the in-game report system, it should notify an active moderator or someone to come spectate the match and determine whether or not someone gets kicked, and if they're obviously cheating then the moderator can punish on the spot. On the NA servers back in MVS I was kicked in probably 1/3 of my matches, some days I literally just wasn't even able to play because people didn't want to play against me in FFA lobbies. I was literally given Kick Protect Tickets by the support team because they checked the logs and saw how often I get kicked for no reason... It was so absurd.

15 hours ago, Leo said:

Hello, players!

Cheers,
PD Leo

The fact that you implemented something new as opposed to just modifying already existing stuff gives me hope, just please don't abandon us again, it only hurts the game in the longrun. Please keep us updated. Also might I request allowing people to embed and post images / videos / links for future reports on the forum? It's one thing to report via tickets but also helpful to report publicly to warn others about who is also cheating. 

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 7

Glad to hear from you n the possible release of the game. Maybe the entire HUD could be hidden and this could be used in cinematic stuff too idk 🙂

Edited by Allu
  • Like 1

Hi! I followed this forum silently for some time now and I kinda lost the hope like probably a bunch of people here, since the game release got delayed a bunch of time... 

However, after I saw this feature is getting added to the game, I got really exited. Dealing with cheaters this way is probably a step in the right direction, but I think the replay system can be used for other interesting stuff aswell.

Since I'm a video editor, I would like to recommend some features for the replay system, which I think would be a really nice addition for the video editing community of microvolts.

- Disable HUD

• idk which client version is used for microvolts recharged, but in previous versions of microvolts u could disable the HUD with "ctrl+u". If that still works, then ignore this point

- Forward/Backward in time

• the ability to go forward/backward in time to quickly find some nice kills and do some quick replays

- Freeze Time

• being able to move the camera in freecam, while the entire replay is frozen in time

- Timescale

• to speed up and slow down the entire players, animations and effects
  • Timescale of 1 would be standard speed
  • Timescale of 0.01 (or even lower if possible) would be slow motion
  • Timescale of 10 would be really fast (helps to find the right moment inside a replay faster)

- Camera FOV

• standard fov for the game is 63 iirc. You could add a slider which let's u change the fov. if u add the fov option to the game, I would personally only recommend it inside the replay system, since in a real match u can already look around corners easily with the third person camera. Any higher fov is probably pretty game breaking.

- Camera Roll

• to give the camera a tilt. probably a slider aswell

The points mentioned above shouldn't be too hard to implement and improve the system a lot if you ask me.

I have some more advanced stuff which could be added to the system. This however are probably just big nice to have additions, which would be insane in my opnion, but probably require a lot more work:

- Camera path system:

This means being able to create camera points in 3D space. You would go into the freecam and press a button to create the first camera point. then move to another location to create the next one etc. 

Every camera point u create, will save your entire view and settings you have at that moment when creating the camera point, which means saving:

• camera fov 
  • camera position (obviously)
  • camera tilt
  • camera angle

After you finished creating the camera path, you should be able to hit a button to start the playback.

If playing the camera path, it should blend between all the different values until it reaches the next camera point.

Reposition single camera points would be useful aswell.

You should also be able to clear the camera points, to create a new camera path.

In addition to this, you should also be able to select a mode for the path of the camera:

• linear (just moves from camera point to camera point in a staight line)
  • bezier or catmull-rom algorithm (to create a perfectly smooth camera path by calculating curves of the created camera points)

This screenshot should help explaing what I mean:

Unbenannt.png

The red dots would be the camera points u create in freecam.

- World Greenscreen

• the entire map would be green and only the player/gun models are visible normal

- Depth of Field

• to foucs on players or map objects etc.

I have two additions which could be added to the replay, to spot a cheater faster:

- player glow

• enables a glow around the player, which can be seen through walls. This way it's easier to spot someone using wallhack and aimbot in a replay, since the aimbot maybe locks onto a player through walls.
  •  

- headshot rate

• showing the headshot rate of the currently selected player

There are probably some more points to spot cheaters faster, but I can't think of any good ones atm.

You mentioned the system is still under development, so I'm not sure what kind of features you guys are planning to add.

I would really appreciate if atleast some of the first points I mentioned could be added and I think a lot of people would enjoy them aswell 🙂

That was basically all I can think of right now. I'm curious what you guys think about it. Since some other games have features like that, I think it would be a really nice addition to the game.

IMPORTANT: All the points I mentioned above, besides the two for spotting cheater faster would be a great addition, but shouldn't be added if it would delay the game release further. It's something that would be really cool to have in the future.

• Like 12
23 hours ago, Vuce said:

Hi! I followed this forum silently for some time now and I kinda lost the hope like probably a bunch of people here, since the game release got delayed a bunch of time... 

However, after I saw this feature is getting added to the game, I got really exited. Dealing with cheaters this way is probably a step in the right direction, but I think the replay system can be used for other interesting stuff aswell.

Since I'm a video editor, I would like to recommend some features for the replay system, which I think would be a really nice addition for the video editing community of microvolts.

- Disable HUD

• idk which client version is used for microvolts recharged, but in previous versions of microvolts u could disable the HUD with "ctrl+u". If that still works, then ignore this point

- Forward/Backward in time

• the ability to go forward/backward in time to quickly find some nice kills and do some quick replays

- Freeze Time

• being able to move the camera in freecam, while the entire replay is frozen in time

- Timescale

• to speed up and slow down the entire players, animations and effects
  • Timescale of 1 would be standard speed
  • Timescale of 0.01 (or even lower if possible) would be slow motion
  • Timescale of 10 would be really fast (helps to find the right moment inside a replay faster)

- Camera FOV

• standard fov for the game is 63 iirc. You could add a slider which let's u change the fov. if u add the fov option to the game, I would personally only recommend it inside the replay system, since in a real match u can already look around corners easily with the third person camera. Any higher fov is probably pretty game breaking.

- Camera Roll

• to give the camera a tilt. probably a slider aswell

The points mentioned above shouldn't be too hard to implement and improve the system a lot if you ask me.

I have some more advanced stuff which could be added to the system. This however are probably just big nice to have additions, which would be insane in my opnion, but probably require a lot more work:

- Camera path system:

This means being able to create camera points in 3D space. You would go into the freecam and press a button to create the first camera point. then move to another location to create the next one etc. 

Every camera point u create, will save your entire view and settings you have at that moment when creating the camera point, which means saving:

• camera fov 
  • camera position (obviously)
  • camera tilt
  • camera angle

After you finished creating the camera path, you should be able to hit a button to start the playback.

If playing the camera path, it should blend between all the different values until it reaches the next camera point.

Reposition single camera points would be useful aswell.

You should also be able to clear the camera points, to create a new camera path.

In addition to this, you should also be able to select a mode for the path of the camera:

• linear (just moves from camera point to camera point in a staight line)
  • bezier or catmull-rom algorithm (to create a perfectly smooth camera path by calculating curves of the created camera points)

This screenshot should help explaing what I mean:

Unbenannt.png

The red dots would be the camera points u create in freecam.

- World Greenscreen

• the entire map would be green and only the player/gun models are visible normal

- Depth of Field

• to foucs on players or map objects etc.

I have two additions which could be added to the replay, to spot a cheater faster:

- player glow

• enables a glow around the player, which can be seen through walls. This way it's easier to spot someone using wallhack and aimbot in a replay, since the aimbot maybe locks onto a player through walls.
  •  

- headshot rate

• showing the headshot rate of the currently selected player

There are probably some more points to spot cheaters faster, but I can't think of any good ones atm.

You mentioned the system is still under development, so I'm not sure what kind of features you guys are planning to add.

I would really appreciate if atleast some of the first points I mentioned could be added and I think a lot of people would enjoy them aswell 🙂

That was basically all I can think of right now. I'm curious what you guys think about it. Since some other games have features like that, I think it would be a really nice addition to the game.

IMPORTANT: All the points I mentioned above, besides the two for spotting cheater faster would be a great addition, but shouldn't be added if it would delay the game release further. It's something that would be really cool to have in the future.

this + what i've suggested in my earlier suggestion threads about demo/replay system to actual have each player's 1:1 perspective gameplay exactly how it looks to them, crosshair, sniper zoom-in, rifle zoom-in and such on. It is indeed hard task to actually get everything together, but it's for sure a must have feature in any competitive game, also it would be cool as you mentioned disabling hud which already is in game but a different approach in demo to be able to disable specific hud parts for example people for montages would only like to keep kill feed and ui texts when you do multiple kills and such on probably while others to check on cheaters would like to keep full experience of player's perspective, or in other cases where players can't record because they might have lags they could also record their demo if it's 1:1 pov as he played.

• Like 5