General Discussion

The Future Of Microvolts

Zissy

Hello!! Based on zoldswaps previous forum posts, i've also been wondering about what masangsoft has in store for the future of MV..im curious..

I wonder how will they keep their playerbase abd community engage to the game? I mean obviously the OGs are staying but how will the devs lure in for more players? And other players are just gonna play "Trashheroes online" because "OoOoh we have MV right here guys so whats the point of playing MVR when we already have this blah blah blah" like no? They are just supporting shady people who took advantage to MVs loss.

Im wondering how masangsoft run MVR and how will they maintain the service? Is it gonna shut down like the previous IPs or servers? I really hope they improve and do a good or at least decent job at running MVs IP

The only company i could think of that actually cared about MV is GungHo...at least they put love and care into the game.

NQ games were also doing good also..until they added the whole "P2W" system and shove it down the players throat and adding that pointless evolution system and ridiculous god weapons which defeats the whole purpose of the game? If they said that skills only matter then why add OP weapons in the first place?

Sorry if this sounds a little ranty but i dont want this game to shut down again as i love this game sm and I don't want it to crumble to bits and be forgotten..

And before i go im making ToyWars/MV emotes, currently finished sketching the owners of the OG4 (TW version) i need to sketch about 8 more emotes before i could finish it and maybe i could print it as a sticker sheet haha.

Thank for your time and have a great day/night!! (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ 

IMG_5735.PNG

• Like 7

Every morning I wake up and put a double barrel shotgun in my mouth but some voice inside of my head tells me not to pull the trigger..

But whenever I see one of your posts, I'm very close to actually pulling the trigger. It will be the last time that you guys will hear from me when I see one more post like this.

Greetings

Edited by zooz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well to answer one of your questions, in order to keep players playing you have to give them many reward systems simultaneously. People need a reason to play one more match and one more and one more and so on. This will to play is generated not only by the gameplay itself but by the grinding. Take ToyHeroes rn for example, they have 4 reward systems not counting the achivement system on their site. Knowing that you have a little more to play to get a reward, that may upgrade your weapons or give you any happiness gives you a reason to play. In addition there have to be monthly events, not only on Easter, new year, Halloween, Christmas and other smaller holidays. Players constantly need new capsule options, rotating iteams in the shop aside from the usual ones, boxes, points to aquire for additional even rewards. Like remember, at some point in MV there was a Christmas event on the site, and whenever u spent rt you got some kind of candies and stuff like that, and those candies literally got you the pandoral carolling sets. Also, I wanna add that whenever someone coments about p2w, you guys do not think about the wellbeing of the game, players will not spend as much money as they would without a bit of p2w and players who are complaining about p2w and would have not bought rt anyways will not buy it even with the game being p2w free. If you are not going to buy something in a game while it's p2w you are not going to buy it while it's just a skin, wether it's because you can't afford to or because you just don't want to. And just a reminder that not even mv could susrvive without p2w and mv had a bigger playerbase than the expected one for MVR when it releases because many gave up or don't even know about it, there are few to none new players, the game itself can not afford to stay alive just by having like 200 players at most playing. Games that are not p2w are usually on the phone and cheper to keep alive thus making a profit just with a few players playing, or big games that make a lot of money just by having pople play it, which is not the case for MVR nor will it ever be, sadly.

1 hour ago, Sorel said:

Well to answer one of your questions, in order to keep players playing you have to give them many reward systems simultaneously. People need a reason to play one more match and one more and one more and so on. This will to play is generated not only by the gameplay itself but by the grinding. Take ToyHeroes rn for example, they have 4 reward systems not counting the achivement system on their site. Knowing that you have a little more to play to get a reward, that may upgrade your weapons or give you any happiness gives you a reason to play. In addition there have to be monthly events, not only on Easter, new year, Halloween, Christmas and other smaller holidays. Players constantly need new capsule options, rotating iteams in the shop aside from the usual ones, boxes, points to aquire for additional even rewards. Like remember, at some point in MV there was a Christmas event on the site, and whenever u spent rt you got some kind of candies and stuff like that, and those candies literally got you the pandoral carolling sets. Also, I wanna add that whenever someone coments about p2w, you guys do not think about the wellbeing of the game, players will not spend as much money as they would without a bit of p2w and players who are complaining about p2w and would have not bought rt anyways will not buy it even with the game being p2w free. If you are not going to buy something in a game while it's p2w you are not going to buy it while it's just a skin, wether it's because you can't afford to or because you just don't want to. And just a reminder that not even mv could susrvive without p2w and mv had a bigger playerbase than the expected one for MVR when it releases because many gave up or don't even know about it, there are few to none new players, the game itself can not afford to stay alive just by having like 200 players at most playing. Games that are not p2w are usually on the phone and cheper to keep alive thus making a profit just with a few players playing, or big games that make a lot of money just by having pople play it, which is not the case for MVR nor will it ever be, sadly.

Another reason why keeping the upgrade system to 9 levels is a good idea, but making the actual impact it has on gameplay be small. Maxing out the weapon could unluck fancy particle effects.

3 hours ago, zooz said:

Every morning I wake up and put a double barrel shotgun in my mouth but some voice inside of my head tells me not to pull the trigger..

But whenever I see one of your posts, I'm very close to actually pulling the trigger. It will be the last time that you guys will hear from me when I see one more post like this.

Greetings

Did i do something wrong here? Was it something i said? If so then im sorry.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, zooz said:

Greetings

That was funny and i know right? these people exist out there

10 hours ago, zooz said:

Greetings

Ooooh so edgy 🙄. Why do you gotta be mean to one of the few actually wholesome people on here? You don't have to reach each one of their posts, but it seems that you care enough to even comment on them so... These posts are far better than the "omg where is the game !" threads that spam this forum, at least Zissy's posts generate conversation and they post artwork in them also. Not sure what the problem is...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The future of Microvolts: 

-3rd beta at 31 December 2023

-beta for 1 week

-"coming soon 2024"

- 4th beta december 2024.

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Volt said:

Ooooh so edgy 🙄. Why do you gotta be mean to one of the few actually wholesome people on here? You don't have to reach each one of their posts, but it seems that you care enough to even comment on them so... These posts are far better than the "omg where is the game !" threads that spam this forum, at least Zissy's posts generate conversation and they post artwork in them also. Not sure what the problem is...

If I had to guess, maybe they don't like the "rant then post le cute picture" thing. I personally don't care but it's the only reason I could come up with lol

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

If I had to guess, maybe they don't like the "rant then post le cute picture" thing. I personally don't care but it's the only reason I could come up with lol

Yea I figured the same, I'd much rather have this than another boring complaint post for the hundredth time... Man even a good complaint or criticism/feedback post would be welcomed in my eyes, I just hate seeing all this low-effort nonsense.

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I mean outside of this posts that are actually nice we get a spam of new people or people who don't know english or people that don't check the forum asking when the game is coming, recently and spammed questions or why they can't download the game. People who don't like such posts can just ignore them, no one is asking them to click and comment too. I personally like Zissy's art.

2 hours ago, Sorel said:

I mean outside of this posts that are actually nice we get a spam of new people or people who don't know english or people that don't check the forum asking when the game is coming, recently and spammed questions or why they can't download the game. People who don't like such posts can just ignore them, no one is asking them to click and comment too. I personally like Zissy's art.

Aye the art is quite nice, now to wait for people to start writting fanfics.

38 minutes ago, BioWarz said:

As strange as it sounds, I'd actually be quite interested to read a Microvolts fanfic. As far as I know it'd be the first of it's kind and it would be interesting to see what sort of headcanons people produce

Yes that does sound quite good though im pretty sure the first few ones will be.. the other kind of fanfics, alongside other kind of..art

That's some pretty good sketches, I like it! Excited to see the coloured version 😆

I mean, I bet no one here haven't complained and doubted MasangSoft's competence... I'm tired of it, I'm already seeing that the game I want will never come out of this. Everyone here apparently has a different vision of what a 2023 version of MicroVolts should be, and a perfectly divided MV's fanbase is inevitable under the current circumstances That's what happens when you try to revive a dead live service from 10 years ago.

It's actually pretty realistic to think they can't make this game live enough after release 1.0, there all reasons for that that were extensively discussed throughout the forums. Lack of communication, no road-map, no regular releases (something like Paladins' Open Beta), game engine from 2005 (makes adding content really difficult and time-consuming), balancing of the game, they can't monetize the game only to OG players, new players should come and receive a modernized experience in order to monetize and grow further... and so on.

I'm completely pessimistic about MV's future ... at least I would be happy to know that this game didn't die again. Only a really really comprehensive and passionate game designer can solve that many problems UNDER the budget limitations WHILE still manages to please most of the fanbase. MasangSoft have some really strong weight on their backs right now, probably going through the wrong way I'd argue. I mean I don't know their plans (again, no road-map), only the problems they have to solve.

Edited by miwafoxl
pointless period
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

as much as i love this game, there is one other aspect of things that is concerning, though it's one that masangsoft can't really do anything about:

a lot of live service game models are really difficult to get going nowadays- onboarding is more difficult and the market has become so oversaturated that its hard to be successful... while the pandemic definitely was a factor in the past i think the tricky part is getting a game like this off the ground, especially given it's steep learning curve and playerbase that is known to be a bit toxic.

i still of course want to see what they do with it! and it could definitely work out, but if masangsoft is struggling managing their IPs, that could explain the lack of beta testing and whatnot

short version: stuff's complicated, not only just in working with such an old game engine, but in the state of this type of game in the market! : o

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Count Bleck said:

as much as i love this game, there is one other aspect of things that is concerning, though it's one that masangsoft can't really do anything about:

a lot of live service game models are really difficult to get going nowadays- onboarding is more difficult and the market has become so oversaturated that its hard to be successful... while the pandemic definitely was a factor in the past i think the tricky part is getting a game like this off the ground, especially given it's steep learning curve and playerbase that is known to be a bit toxic.

i still of course want to see what they do with it! and it could definitely work out, but if masangsoft is struggling managing their IPs, that could explain the lack of beta testing and whatnot

short version: stuff's complicated, not only just in working with such an old game engine, but in the state of this type of game in the market! : o

If the game got ported over to a newer engine with a new coat of paint i could see more folk moving in, slap a proper tutorial teaching people how to swap while simultaniously nerfing the speed you can ninja swap( Swapping is when you shoot hit the key you have bound to equip your previously used weapon twice quickly then shoot again while ninja swapping you go after the weapon keys instead, its more complicated but means you can swap slightly faster) this way newer people would learn a core part of the game and feel kinda cool about it because nothing beats mad finger skills.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

If the game got ported over to a newer engine with a new coat of paint i could see more folk moving in, slap a proper tutorial teaching people how to swap while simultaniously nerfing the speed you can ninja swap( Swapping is when you shoot hit the key you have bound to equip your previously used weapon twice quickly then shoot again while ninja swapping you go after the weapon keys instead, its more complicated but means you can swap slightly faster) this way newer people would learn a core part of the game and feel kinda cool about it because nothing beats mad finger skills.

I thought my swapping was weird, but it seems it's just called "ninja swapping" xd

On 5/4/2023 at 7:14 PM, zooz said:

Greetings

I think im in love with you

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Ducks_are_Epic said:

I thought my swapping was weird, but it seems it's just called "ninja swapping" xd

I prefer to have a distinction between them since while the end result is the same the way you achieve it is vastly different and one of them has a bit of an advantage.

Yet again, love your art, as desperate as ever to commission you. 

Although, gotta disagree with the GungHo part. The few people at RHP, at the beginning of RHP publishing MV, did great in my opinion.  BreadnButter taking the cake ofc. With personal favorites such as cautioN and TreasoN/Bacon as icing on the cake that made the game as good as it could be, in my opinion of course, since many others did a ton for the game, regardless of standing, both in RHP and the community.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 1:53 PM, BioWarz said:

As strange as it sounds, I'd actually be quite interested to read a Microvolts fanfic. As far as I know it'd be the first of it's kind and it would be interesting to see what sort of headcanons people produce

This reply made me remember my old cringy MVS and ToyWars fanfics and crossovers i made when i was 8-9 years old ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, BioWarz said:

What??? You wrote fanfics????

Did you keep them? 

I had a huge "Wattpad" phase back then so whenever im not playing MVS and ToyWars i was writing head-cannons and fanfics or fanfic crossovers about whatever was my interests are (MVS/TW being one of those said interests.) 

Then i would post my fanfics on my Google plus account for my online friends to see. (Like a form of a google doc)

Of course the fanfics are lost to time now, but i did remember most of them from memory..like i remember creating and drawing a FNAF x MVS fanfic and it was a comic series that i posted on my old FB account.

Also i have this old journal app that i installed on my old tablet where i write my HCs on,i vividly remember having a HC for CHIP, that makes his own "sets or clothes" because he was used to living in the junkyard that he became resourceful and he was a sort of an genius engineer. (Idk if its accurate thats how much i remember)

Anyways it was funny remembering those cringy fanfics, wished i archived them but i was 8 and a dumb one at that so i never bothered..it would be funny to share it here and laugh at some fanfics i wrote back then haha :⁠,⁠-⁠)