General Discussion

About the weapon upgrading system

Zissy

Hello everyone! Theres something I've been meaning to talk about and its about the weapon upgrading system.

I've been avoiding talking about it because i was afraid of it being controversial because i know most people here are an expert when it comes to weapons..i don't know much about weapons though so my knowledge in this topic might be surface level based or maybe some things i say might be inaccurate but this is just how much i could know and remember.

Also! I won't be talking about the weapon stats! Im only gonna talk about the weapon system!

Weapons can be lvl up to 10 right? And also upgrading weapons can also be expensive (batteries+mp+super glue+ weapons protection items) idk i think i remembered the shop having a weapon protection item? 

Im actually glad that mvr kinda fixed this, although im gonna miss our weapons having a sparkling effect, i think its a good change.

Its ridiculous how low the success rates are back in mvs.

The only fully upgraded lvl 10 weapon i have was my tracker head pro melee and it was a pain farming for batteries only for it to fail so many times. I think it took me about a year or 2 to fully upgrade a lvl 10 weapon and plus, i was prioritizing other weapons too, so i have to spend my batteries wisely, and save my super glue, and dont get me started on me farming mps back then.

I took any opportunities i could to get free batteries, super glue, etc.

I would play on invasion mode for rainbow hammers, i would pull on capsules for super glue, and i even did some boss battles for those sweet rewards..and after all that grinding hours for batteries only for it to not matter in the end because the weapon upgrading failed for like the 7th time? It was an absolute pain in the back to grind resources as a f2p player.

Of course we got those high spenders on the game which i also feel bad for.

Now high spenders have it mostly easy because they dont have to grind because they could just buy the stuff they need in the shop right?

Well, the shop items are pretty pricey, and count how many weapons the high spenders have to upgrade? I've seen high spenders inventories..while they have so many max lvl 10 weapons, i could only imagine how much money they spend.

So basically, the f2p players have to grind hours and hours for weapons upgrading resources only for it to fail and all that grinding, time and effort only to be gone down the drain.

While the p2w players spends money to upgrade weapons..what to they do if it fails? They spend more of course...and the more weapons they get, the more money they have to spend to upgrade weapons.

So thats why I don't like the whole upgrading system..i think its unfair to f2p and p2w players

IF THEY DO BRING IT BACK PLEASE GO BACK TO WEAPONS BEING LVL 5 MAX BECAUSE MV HAS A SYSTEM LIKE THAT BACK THEN

OR GUARANTEE SUCCESS FOR EVERY UPGRADE! NO MORE SUPER GLUE OR WEAPON PROTECTION ITEMS! 

Theres more i wanna say but this post has become way too long but i hope you get my point! Feel free to express your opinions about the upgrading weapon system!

Have a great day/night! (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

Untitled80_20230306012059.png

The old upgrade system was very flawed and that was the point of it, like it or not everything about microvolts was to milk as much money out of you as possible, case in point the upgrade system. Nobody liked the old system but nobody wants it gone. What the betas had, one singular upgrade just seems entirely pointless, might as well remove it alltogether and balance weapons differently. That would certainly be more fair to new people, it would take away a lot of grinding and it would quiet down those people that rage and complain about everything when you kill them. However this doesnt really feel that great, having a +9 weapon always felt like an achievement, something nice and rare, plus the visual effects at +8 and 9 were lovely. So removing it entirely for the sake of balance wouldnt sit well with the majority of players and neither would making it very easy to max a weapon out. What i propose to the team is simple, the first level gives all the bonuses to the stat you pick, lets say youre upgrading a rifle in power, the old system would give you 100 power, 20 accuracy and 2 extra rounds in a mag when you maxed it out, a little each level, with this system level 1 gives you 100 power and the remaining levels gave you the 20 accuracy and 2 extra shots. Plus to give a reason to max weapons out at level 5 you unlock the abbility to use skins for the weapon and at 9 a fancy visual effect, couple this with lower overall battery and mp needs to upgrade the weapon alongside 100% chance to upgrade and it feels quite fair and above that rewarding to sink time and effort into a weapon you love.

I believe they are planning on keeping the weapon "upgrading" system as follows: Level 0 = non-upgraded, proficient stat not chosen | Level 1: fully-upgraded, proficient stat chosen. They made it very clear that they don't want any amount of P2W in this game, which of course, the old upgrade system was very P2W. As much as I'll miss the old system of progressing and upgrading, it needed changes, and we may not have seen the most of it's potential. I'd love to see levels 0-5 return, or even 0-3. Though, I think weapon stats should max out after the first upgrade, the bullet/projectile colors should change, and color/effects and whatnot. I think the glow of the level 8/9 weapons was a bit distracting and was a pretty big disadvantage earlier, I'd like to see that revisited or redone personally.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Volt said:

I believe they are planning on keeping the weapon "upgrading" system as follows: Level 0 = non-upgraded, proficient stat not chosen | Level 1: fully-upgraded, proficient stat chosen. They made it very clear that they don't want any amount of P2W in this game, which of course, the old upgrade system was very P2W. As much as I'll miss the old system of progressing and upgrading, it needed changes, and we may not have seen the most of it's potential. I'd love to see levels 0-5 return, or even 0-3. Though, I think weapon stats should max out after the first upgrade, the bullet/projectile colors should change, and color/effects and whatnot. I think the glow of the level 8/9 weapons was a bit distracting and was a pretty big disadvantage earlier, I'd like to see that revisited or redone personally.

I agree, the old system had more flaws than it had upsides, and I'm hoping they make it better because of how pointlessly painful it could be just to upgrade something to max it out when games nowadays make it easier to progress gear.

• Like 1