General Discussion

About the capsule drop rates..

Zissy

Hi all! I wanted to ask a question about the capsules drop rates.

How often do people actually get a lucky capsule pull without spending too much? I always watch yt vids back in the day about capsule pulling (or rt spending vids) and most of them are pretty unlucky.

For example - one of my cousins when they played the game back then did about 50 pulls on the coin capsule but they only got like 3 shoes and i think they got good weapons and other stuff from different capsules too but mostly the items were all duplicates.

While one of my classmates spend about 25 pulls in the rt capsule and they got about 5-6 rare items i think..i dont remember but it was a pretty lucky pull.

Of course, i wasn't the luckiest player, the only capsule weapon i ever got was one of Sophitias weapon which is the sniper.. my weapon are basically just from the shop.

I did try to get capsule exclusive weapons but i am just an unlucky player ig..of course maybe i didn't grind enough coins or mps back in the day cuz i have to go to school and i could only play on the weekends back in the day.

Did you guys ever got a lucky capsule pull? Please do tell! : D i just want to know if people got lucky on capsule pulls cuz i sure didn't.

Thats all! Have a great day/night!  

Also whenever i see that red or blue cross or that bottlecap on my screen... lil me was basically screaming inside.

Untitled77_20230305010325.png

In surge it was about 10-15% luck rate on rare items. The luck rates were not horrible. you just had to get the item out of all the rares you wanted (which is tricky)

For example: you had 7 rare weapons and one superglue which you could get from capsule. that means if you wanted a bazooka and you got a melee or rifle instead you were not satisfied eventhough you had a rare pull.

same for outfits. which were even harder. if you wanted shoes with speed stats, but got tank instead you were not satisfied. because there are so many items it gets even harder. 

sets were the least tricky ones. you wanted simon tank and you have a rare pull? great 50/50 chance.

so it really depends on the item you want. the smaller the chance the more value it had.

The capsule will remain (betas had them they were simply non-accessible) though im pretty sure only with cosmetics. I do hope they make one change to it, when you get a rare you can pick what item it is, so youre not there getting shoe after shoe.

33 minutes ago, desafinado56 said:

The capsule will remain (betas had them they were simply non-accessible) though im pretty sure only with cosmetics. I do hope they make one change to it, when you get a rare you can pick what item it is, so youre not there getting shoe after shoe.

Yeah it sucks that the trade system may be perma-scrapped. It made getting repeats worth it.

So there's kinda of a 'rule' that is mp has the lowest drop rate in capsule coin is in the middle and rt has better. Personally I think it highly depends on the drop they chose for each. In Toy Heroes i have spend a fairly big sum of money for someone who played the game on and off and I got almost nothing, that's because they made the chance trash even for rt so that people would spend more, microvolts was like that too when they first added the capsule machine bcs they needed to grow, but going on to surge, the chance to get lucky capsule with rt was very good and u could get even 10 out of 20 rt pulls golden if you were lucky, plus the additional cupon gain that was also almost unexistent in Toy Heroes.

As someone who spun that capsule thousands of times over the course of many years, it could use some work. Capsules released later in MVS's lifetime often had higher rates, the game took a turn for the worse and became less "genuine", and high effort. Weapons and sets became less "fitting" into the theme of the game, more bugs were introduced with various weapons and sets, items became increasingly stronger, things like that.

I've been saying that for this game, that I genuinely hope they just scrap the "low effort" content that was released in MVS, I want that good old nostalgic feeling for item releases and whatnot. You should be excited when a new capsule drops, some new weapons, because it should be fitting and "themed" well, I'd personally be all for "themed" Seasons for the game, many other games do the same. A pirate season, space-age, medieval, whatever it may be, would be awesome. I also don't think that things should be "rarity locked", or limited time very often. I'd be much more interested in an ever-growing capsule that you can sort through, like one of those capsule shops in places like Japan.

I realize I got carried away talking about other stuff, but about the rates of the capsule. I think if we're going to continue the ~$1.00 per spin, I think it should be about a 1/5 chance for the RT capsule, 1/10 for coins, and 1/15-1/20 for MP, although that will vary a lot depending on the rarity of MP. I've always been a huge supporter of MP itself, I think it lost a lot of value in MVS because MP items were simply worse. If MP was something to be valued and "grindable", it'd be a driving factor for free-to-play players to continue playing the game frequently.

I'd be very disappointed, after all this time waiting, that the "economy" itself of MV was unbalanced and unfair, just as MVS was.