General Discussion

Product Director communication request

Dear Director Leo,
I am writing to you today as a concerned member of the Microvolts community regarding your current policy of not informing the community about updates or the game's situation. I kindly ask that you reconsider this decision owing to the fact that it is imperative to keep the community informed and engaged throughout the development process.

As you may recall, from your statements, you mentioned that it is possible to fix the game step by step, believing you referred to the Divide and Conquer algorithm. However, either the game is not receiving considerable attention, or your team isn't capable of designing a paradigm to find the optimum solution the current problem.

Furthermore, I want to remind you with the promises you made during the first contact with the community. You mentioned that the game would be released in the second half of 2022 and that your team would communicate more actively on Discord during CBT. However, it is now March 2023, and the game is yet to be released. Moreover, communication through Discord has not been achieved. This lack of communication and transparency is causing a rift between the community and the development team, leading to frustration and disappointment. That is why I am asking if it would be possible to request that in the event of a future missed deadline, an announcement to be made to the community explaining the delay or even providing information when we can expect the next update. I believe this will help build trust and maintain transparency.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Sincerely,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We definitely need more communication, but did they ever mention that they'd do anything through Discord? I thought they were sort of against the idea of having an official Discord.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

did they ever mention that they'd do anything through Discord? I thought they were sort of against the idea of having an official Discord.

Yes, our product director Leo, said that communication via Discord would be available during CBT.

Edited by 007

I wanna say that:

if the devs are looking for community mods..hire tanooki and volt because they are the perfect candidate as they are professional and knows their stuff.

Also! if you are gonna make a official discord server.....i doubt the devs would be investing their time moderating the server so hire community moderators to put the community and devs mind as ease.

Like the devs can work on the game while the community is calm cuz the community mods are keeping the peace for engaging with us. (i know some people can be impatient or mean here in the forums)

It seems that leo and the team is working very hard and i really appreciate it! ( I hope they aren't overworking themselves too much though to the point of neglecting their health.. D ''

Edited by Zissy
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A POST FROM A STAFF
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Zissy said:

I wanna say that:

if the devs are looking for community mods..hire tanooki and volt because they are the perfect candidate as they are professional and knows their stuff.

Also! if you are gonna make a official discord server.....i doubt the devs would be investing their time moderating the server so hire community moderators to put the community and devs mind as ease.

Like the devs can work on the game while the community is calm cuz the community mods are keeping the peace for engaging with us. (i know some people can be impatient or mean here in the forums)

It seems that leo and the team is working very hard and i really appreciate it! ( I hope they aren't overworking themselves too much though to the point of neglecting their health.. D ''

WHile that is a good idea, the devs wouldnt be able to keep moderators under control, so regardless of what they try to do if they dont care and dont engage the community they wont be able to do much.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

WHile that is a good idea, the devs wouldnt be able to keep moderators under control, so regardless of what they try to do if they dont care and dont engage the community they wont be able to do much.

This is the sad truth unfortunately. As much as some of us really want to help them manage the game and forums, they seem to be set in their own ways and not willing to part with company tradition, at least going based off of how they treated their other games.

On 3/3/2023 at 6:03 AM, Tanooki said:

This is the sad truth unfortunately. As much as some of us really want to help them manage the game and forums, they seem to be set in their own ways and not willing to part with company tradition, at least going based off of how they treated their other games.

This is definitely the case, they don't seem to like receiving out-of-company assistance, which is sadly why I think the balancing of the game has evolved in the way it has. It would do them so much good, especially with a team size like theirs.

• Like 1

I mean, realistically, the missed deadline is due to the backlash they got from the community after the changes they made, which were too extreme IMO. I can't talk for the game actually releasing if the feedback was positive.

About the Divide and Conquer stuff, that is not it. DeI is a programming technique, which is indeed based in splitting the problem into smaller sub-problems that ALL solve the same as the big one. What Leo was talking about is more than likely picking an issue to fix at the time, which realistically is the right thing to do, however, their fixes may or may not work as expected, so the best approach would probabbly be to just have a long open beta phase in which they feed the community weekly or every other week patches. This way they can do stuff and we can offer feedback, but that is not possible because of the next issure.

The reason there is no update from the devs is most likely because they have MV as a side project which they invest int oevery once in a while because they either don't have enough to invest in the game or because it is not sustainable with the money they pull off their other game(s). In short, there is no update because there is little to no progress in it. And honestly with "NO P2W" I ahve a feeling we will never have the game. They will have to find a way to monetize the game if they want to keep it alive... or release it even. Keeping the servers cost money, the devs need to be payed as well. If they wanted to make such a labour of love project with no pay to win and no monetization, they have to pull big numbers to be able to cut into their profit margins just because they can.

4 hours ago, Razihel said:

I mean, realistically, the missed deadline is due to the backlash they got from the community after the changes they made, which were too extreme IMO. I can't talk for the game actually releasing if the feedback was positive.

About the Divide and Conquer stuff, that is not it. DeI is a programming technique, which is indeed based in splitting the problem into smaller sub-problems that ALL solve the same as the big one. What Leo was talking about is more than likely picking an issue to fix at the time, which realistically is the right thing to do, however, their fixes may or may not work as expected, so the best approach would probabbly be to just have a long open beta phase in which they feed the community weekly or every other week patches. This way they can do stuff and we can offer feedback, but that is not possible because of the next issure.

The reason there is no update from the devs is most likely because they have MV as a side project which they invest int oevery once in a while because they either don't have enough to invest in the game or because it is not sustainable with the money they pull off their other game(s). In short, there is no update because there is little to no progress in it. And honestly with "NO P2W" I ahve a feeling we will never have the game. They will have to find a way to monetize the game if they want to keep it alive... or release it even. Keeping the servers cost money, the devs need to be payed as well. If they wanted to make such a labour of love project with no pay to win and no monetization, they have to pull big numbers to be able to cut into their profit margins just because they can.

Thats why monetization that doesnt make you stronger is so popular in games right now, it feels fair. Yes in some situations skins can give you an edge or not, some colours and patterns make you more difficult to see but on a game like microvolts it was never really an issue. They already have a shit ton of sets to sell as skins and a ton of weapons to do the same, i even propose having visual effects for the weapons like the ones you got at level 8 and 9 on your weapons, add more of those and people will gladly pay money for them.