General Discussion

The lack of communication..

Zissy

Hello everyone! So i wanted to talk about what i noticed about reading the forums and that is the lack of communication between the players and the developers.

Im not saying any form of slander to the devs, in fact i appreciate them working hard of mvr and giving us a more polished or better version of the game and im sure being a game developer with a small team is so easy task..but the lack of communication is leaving players either inpatient, angry, or giving them false hope which leads to players not being interested in the game anymore because "the devs won't finish the game etc..blah blah blah"

I think the devs should hire community mods to keep the players mind at ease or letting them know that the devs aren't abandoning the game or engagement to what to look forward to the games state and development.

I understand that the devs are preparing something big for us knowing that they've been pretty silent but it wont hurt giving us updates(or heads ups) every now and then..it just feels like we're talking to a brick wall at this point.

Well if the game fully releases, i hope they would engage with us more!ย 

Theres more i wanna say but i dont wanna make this post very long and unreadable so ill just leave it at that.

(Also drew a quick meme :ย ' D)

Thats all! Have a great day/night!

Untitled54_20230227042414.png

• Like 9

I like the meme but its been like this since the first day if im not mistaken so its nothing new, theres been couple of topics like this including me making one so if theres nothing posted on monday or thursday then i dont even know... btw they mostly post/reply on mondays and thursdays

Edited by OGSapphire

The truth is, you're right and you made me come back with the wall and the meme, I'm always watching the news that MVR puts on to see if there's something new, I'm very excited, but I love this game qwq

Eventually I think picking up some community moderators would be a good idea. Considering their team is small, and I can't imagine the budget for this game is too large, having unpaid, trusted players pick up some work would be great for them. This community can be very toxic at times, I've been in the "MV-space" for over 10 years now, and I've heard many insults and slurs I didn't even know existed, we're in dire need of moderation. Just in the MVR beta phases alone I was often called terrible things and people suggested I do many things to myself, if you know what I mean.

I've suggested community moderators several times and they never seemed to have interest or "a need" for them when they used to reply to the concept. They seem to be very distant for some weird reason, they don't want to make an official discord or anything either. I would really wanna help moderate the community, if not me then maybe Volt or someone else (or both of us?) who can just help keep things in check.ย 

ย 

For the record, just because we suggest moderators, doesn't mean it's some weird power trip or "I'm better than you now" thing, it's because ofthe lack of care and attention the community has been receiving and sometimes people get alittle too heated and end up insulting each other. There could easily just be a moderator run poll with candidates for moderators and the community could vote for like, say,2 - 3 people to be mods out of a pool of like 10 people for example.

ย 

I just want to see this game live man....everytime I check the forum I get sad because of all the wasted potential and seeing people share the same sentiment.

57 minutes ago, Volt said:

Eventually I think picking up some community moderators would be a good idea. Considering their team is small, and I can't imagine the budget for this game is too large, having unpaid, trusted players pick up some work would be great for them. This community can be very toxic at times, I've been in the "MV-space" for over 10 years now, and I've heard many insults and slurs I didn't even know existed, we're in dire need of moderation. Just in the MVR beta phases alone I was often called terrible things and people suggested I do many things to myself, if you know what I mean.

I've also been in the "mv space" for close to a decade now! (I've been playing the game since i was 6.)

At this point the dev team should hire you as a community mod as you are very professional and seem to know your stuff, and one of the active and chill peps i know in the community : Dย 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I've suggested community moderators several times and they never seemed to have interest or "a need" for them when they used to reply to the concept. They seem to be very distant for some weird reason, they don't want to make an official discord or anything either. I would really wanna help moderate the community, if not me then maybe Volt or someone else (or both of us?) who can just help keep things in check.ย 

ย 

For the record, just because we suggest moderators, doesn't mean it's some weird power trip or "I'm better than you now" thing, it's because ofthe lack of care and attention the community has been receiving and sometimes people get alittle too heated and end up insulting each other. There could easily just be a moderator run poll with candidates for moderators and the community could vote for like, say,2 - 3 people to be mods out of a pool of like 10 people for example.

ย 

I just want to see this game live man....everytime I check the forum I get sad because of all the wasted potential and seeing people share the same sentiment.

You and volt are the perfect candidate to keep and eye on the community.

Also yes i have noticed that the devs have been distant towards us (the community).

Its so weird that the devs said that they would "engage with the community" but then they dont wanna make a official discord server or they keep pushing the people away who has been supporting the game since.

The community is very dedicated to this game and the development.. seeing how we waited and waited for the game to come back and when it did, we came crawling back and reunited again as a community to support the devs

I dont want this game to crumble.. this game has so much potential and it has a big impact on my childhood..

I also dont want this game to be a wasteland again like the day it was shut down, people seem to move on to other games but i still find myself hope and always keeping tabs to see if the game will come back.

But when it did the devs just gave us the silent treatment and expect us to just be fine with it? Of course i dont mind waiting even if it takes years but its just the community im worried about.

What if they just lost all hope for the games development and lost interest to the game? Then fewer and fewer people will just stick around until the community is just a shallow empty shell. : '(

I still hold hope for the dev team, if they dont have time for any communication to us thats fine! Totally understandable that they have a full plate on their hands but they should at least hire community mods.

Also yes i also agree they should do polls, lime "vote a community mod in the forums" type polls

If it does happen, I'll definitely vote for you and volt!(โ ๏ฝกโ โ€ขฬ€โ แด—โ -โ )โ โœง

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, BioWarz said:

Haha what? Is this something you've put research into?

If it's genuinely valid then this is some very useful information

When you look at announcements, thats mostly when they post or replying aswell but about them being online doesnt matter

On 2/27/2023 at 3:58 AM, Zissy said:

I've also been in the "mv space" for close to a decade now! (I've been playing the game since i was 6.)

At this point the dev team should hire you as a community mod as you are very professional and seem to know your stuff, and one of the active and chill peps i know in the community : Dย 

That means more to me than I can explain haha. I'd love to help them out if they needed it, I remember applying to be a moderator back in MVS but I was like 12-13 at the time and they wanted at the very minimum for you to be 16, maybe 18 years old I believe. 20 years old and a lot of free time on my hands now, I feel like I'd be a decent candidate ๐Ÿ˜›

• Like 2