General Discussion

Game balance

Sam

Hello! 

Better late than never I guess.

(Keep in mind that I like to see myself amongst one of the best and I am sure a more casual player thinks different)

This is coming from someone who has over 422k kills in ToyHeroes Online across multiple accounts and has a lot of experience in the competitive side of the game (mostly in ToyHeroes and only some small tournaments in MV Surge/pre-Surge).

I played both closed betas (got around 11k kills total, I do not remember my level or playtime). I have read a lot of the posts regarding the weapon/game balance and I am actually surprised that a lot of people did not like it, from my pov it was way more balanced than MV Surge and ToyHeroes ever was. What I mean about that is, it took more bullets to kill someone compared to MV Surge and ToyHeroes which by common sense increases the skill gap between players. If I remember correctly I never 1 hitted someone with a shotgun and also it took a lot of rifle bullets to kill someone which is a good thing.

The only bad thing I noticed was the RNG damage rifle and sniper had which could lead to a fight being determined by rng instead of actual skill, also I know by playing other huge fps games that shotguns are really hard to balance but as long as it does consistent damage when you get good hits on your enemy it should be okay. 

I did not try the machine gun, bazooka or grenade launcher that much since I do not really use them but I know they can also be hard to balance, if you want to focus on the competitive side of the game I would like to see the bazooka and grenade launcher used more like utility instead of raw damage (shooting random grenades and bazooka that deals 800 damage per hit does not take skill and everyone can do it). I personally would like it to have as low damage as possible but a decent blast radius if you want to check corners but it should not take half the hp if you hit or get hit and if a lot of players do not like that you can lower the amount of ammo you have to for example 2/2 instead of 3/6 depending on which bazooka and grenade launcher you use of course so the game gets less "spammy".

Sniper....

I am just gonna get to the point and say sniper is absolutely brutally broken in every version of this game and if you say it is balanced you are delusional.

Why is it broken? 

A weapon that is very easy to use (or master if you want to call it that), 1 hits in the body and head, has super fast reload speed, 100% accurate unless you are mid-air (jumppads excluded), hitscan (instantly hits, no bulletdrop etc) and on top of that it is a 3rd person shooter which means you can just sit behind a wall/object and wait until you see an enemy (even though you are behind an object hiding) and then peek the enemy fast and snipe him without any risks of getting killed unless you miss which you can then just go back behind your cover but if you hit it is a guaranteed kill. Just compare the MicroVolts/ToyHeroes sniper to any other shooter games snipers and you will see how broken the sniper in this game is. I do not play ToyHeroes that much anymore but when I did play everyone was using sniper in every range and every scenario/situations since it is an almost guaranteed kill if you hit with it, they were using it close range as well instead of shotgun (which could take more than 3 shots to kill someone in close range if you did not hit point blank shots)

I would like to see a nerf on most aspects on it. For example lower the amount of ammo you have per round/life to 1/2 instead of 1/8, nerf the reload speed a lot, make it so the sniper gets inaccurate when you move with it so you have to stand still with it to be 100% accurate.

Different weapon types....

Honestly I did not play all of them enough but it is really good that it is 3 different weapon stats for each weapon "class" so you can pick all kinds of combination of weapons depending on how you wanna play the game.

The weapon/part upgrading system....

Everyone was kinda new to the parts, sets and accessories being upgradeable but I also think it can be a good addition to the game, for me the best would be when you buy a part/accessorie from the shop or if you win it in the capsule it has no stats and then you can upgrade them into whatever stats you want them to have which was the annoying part about the earlier Microvolts versions and ToyHeroes (if you wanted speed but you got hp on your hair in capsule etc). It was really good that the basic parts had the same stats as having rt/mp parts on.

When you upgrade a weapon it should not increase the stats of it but only the appearance of it so it does not become pay to win no matter what and so that the new players does not have it way more tough against the players who have upgraded their weapons.

Elimination.... (not that important)

I like playing FFA a lot but when I join an elimination game I get the feeling that the first minute before the radar spawns everyone is basically afk in spawn with sniper and to add some more action to the elimination mode I would like to see the radar spawn earlier (01:15-01:30) or even lower the time of the entire round because now you can pretty much be tabbed out and change your attention to something other than the actual game but that is just my opinion about elimination.

I apologize for typos and grammar mistakes.

Thanks for reading and I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

• Thanks 1

"Better late than never I guess."

I guess it will be better  If you don't waste your time on this empty and unhelpful post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
8 hours ago, Sam said:

Hello! 

Better late than never I guess.

(Keep in mind that I like to see myself amongst one of the best and I am sure a more casual player thinks different)

This is coming from someone who has over 422k kills in ToyHeroes Online across multiple accounts and has a lot of experience in the competitive side of the game (mostly in ToyHeroes and only some small tournaments in MV Surge/pre-Surge).

I played both closed betas (got around 11k kills total, I do not remember my level or playtime). I have read a lot of the posts regarding the weapon/game balance and I am actually surprised that a lot of people did not like it, from my pov it was way more balanced than MV Surge and ToyHeroes ever was. What I mean about that is, it took more bullets to kill someone compared to MV Surge and ToyHeroes which by common sense increases the skill gap between players. If I remember correctly I never 1 hitted someone with a shotgun and also it took a lot of rifle bullets to kill someone which is a good thing.

The only bad thing I noticed was the RNG damage rifle and sniper had which could lead to a fight being determined by rng instead of actual skill, also I know by playing other huge fps games that shotguns are really hard to balance but as long as it does consistent damage when you get good hits on your enemy it should be okay. 

I did not try the machine gun, bazooka or grenade launcher that much since I do not really use them but I know they can also be hard to balance, if you want to focus on the competitive side of the game I would like to see the bazooka and grenade launcher used more like utility instead of raw damage (shooting random grenades and bazooka that deals 800 damage per hit does not take skill and everyone can do it). I personally would like it to have as low damage as possible but a decent blast radius if you want to check corners but it should not take half the hp if you hit or get hit and if a lot of players do not like that you can lower the amount of ammo you have to for example 2/2 instead of 3/6 depending on which bazooka and grenade launcher you use of course so the game gets less "spammy".

Sniper....

I am just gonna get to the point and say sniper is absolutely brutally broken in every version of this game and if you say it is balanced you are delusional.

Why is it broken? 

A weapon that is very easy to use (or master if you want to call it that), 1 hits in the body and head, has super fast reload speed, 100% accurate unless you are mid-air (jumppads excluded), hitscan (instantly hits, no bulletdrop etc) and on top of that it is a 3rd person shooter which means you can just sit behind a wall/object and wait until you see an enemy (even though you are behind an object hiding) and then peek the enemy fast and snipe him without any risks of getting killed unless you miss which you can then just go back behind your cover but if you hit it is a guaranteed kill. Just compare the MicroVolts/ToyHeroes sniper to any other shooter games snipers and you will see how broken the sniper in this game is. I do not play ToyHeroes that much anymore but when I did play everyone was using sniper in every range and every scenario/situations since it is an almost guaranteed kill if you hit with it, they were using it close range as well instead of shotgun (which could take more than 3 shots to kill someone in close range if you did not hit point blank shots)

I would like to see a nerf on most aspects on it. For example lower the amount of ammo you have per round/life to 1/2 instead of 1/8, nerf the reload speed a lot, make it so the sniper gets inaccurate when you move with it so you have to stand still with it to be 100% accurate.

Different weapon types....

Honestly I did not play all of them enough but it is really good that it is 3 different weapon stats for each weapon "class" so you can pick all kinds of combination of weapons depending on how you wanna play the game.

The weapon/part upgrading system....

Everyone was kinda new to the parts, sets and accessories being upgradeable but I also think it can be a good addition to the game, for me the best would be when you buy a part/accessorie from the shop or if you win it in the capsule it has no stats and then you can upgrade them into whatever stats you want them to have which was the annoying part about the earlier Microvolts versions and ToyHeroes (if you wanted speed but you got hp on your hair in capsule etc). It was really good that the basic parts had the same stats as having rt/mp parts on.

When you upgrade a weapon it should not increase the stats of it but only the appearance of it so it does not become pay to win no matter what and so that the new players does not have it way more tough against the players who have upgraded their weapons.

Elimination.... (not that important)

I like playing FFA a lot but when I join an elimination game I get the feeling that the first minute before the radar spawns everyone is basically afk in spawn with sniper and to add some more action to the elimination mode I would like to see the radar spawn earlier (01:15-01:30) or even lower the time of the entire round because now you can pretty much be tabbed out and change your attention to something other than the actual game but that is just my opinion about elimination.

I apologize for typos and grammar mistakes.

Thanks for reading and I would like to hear your thoughts and opinions.

"Amongst one of the best", but then you don’t use bazookas, or grenades as much? 

Anyways nerfing the sniper with movement is a great idea, I don't think many people have fun when someone is strafing, or wavesteps with it and randomly hits them for a one shot. Shouldn't also be accurate on jumpads either. While I already dislike how you can reload by just putting your weapon away, I think less ammo as well would be nice, since we see a lot of clips of just pure multi kill snipers. 

With elimination, I think it's already problematic because no games that I know of that are popular are just putting radar out in the middle which is gonna incline players to just wait or camp, but of course I wouldn't really know how to approach the camping situation unless we use a popular idea of just adding a closing zone instead. Also since the goal is to kill all other players, but you could camp the whole time, and tie, is just gonna be a bad game mode. There's little motivation to actually move, no bomb plants, no zones, no objectives. 

I do like the idea for grenades/bazookas to do chip damage, instead of hard hitting damage. It would make better corner checking, and less, oh wow I'm already low from two grenades. 

In conclusion, I agree with the sniper nerf, grenade/bazooka chiping / increasing radius, or maybe not increasing radius at all, elimination edits. I think we should strive to make elimination more serious for the future reference of the competitive aspect. 

While I don't think the post was timely, it's not "not helpful", though while I shouldn't of even commented because the ideas might be simply washed away, I decided to just wait til the end of this month for this "roadmap", before I start crying and moaning that it didn't get here. 

• Thanks 1

Zooka konusunda kesinlikle hemfikirim, nade değişikliğine göre hasarı istedikleri gibi azaltabilirler, ancak patlama yarıçapı şu anda oldukça kötü... Özellikle zookalar için ayaklarını vursanız bile vurmuyor xd çok değersiz ve işe yaramaz hale geldi diğer silahlarla karşılaştırıldığında mg gibi, bazukayı gerçek bir zooka gibi hissettirmez, greande için aynı 😢 280 patlama yarıçapı, bir zooka için çok daha az bir sayıdır PLS

This guy knows his stuff, basically everything in this post is spot on. Though the developers don't seem to listen to our feedback much when it comes to balancing, hopefully this gets put to good use. Seeing people criticize/hate on this really shows the skill level of the people that talk too much on these forums lol

• Thanks 1

Truth be told regardless if youre good or not if you talk sense you talk sense and this has a fair ammount of it. Its true that microvolts was a chaotic and spammy game but i feel like it gave the game charm and made it fun. A game being balanced doesnt mean its fun and i had no problems with surges game balance, if we ignore prices, this is something that quite a few people here forget to do when they brand weapon x as overpowered.

Explosive weapons were a fair bit brainless in the game because yes they were quite easy to use but honestly i would change only a few things on them, less blast radious on rockets since they are the easiest to aim and less damage on grenades so they work at checking corners.

Yeah snipers were a fair bit busted when they started adding more and more of them and power creep started getting more bonkers, your ideas for changing them are quite good but the ammo change is a fair bit extreme, maybe 6 shots total with extra ammo via items being reduced ? And splitting the snipers into different classes, high damage slow zoom, slow reload that restricts your movement quite a fair ammount, one that is the opposite so its more for quickscoping and getting into peoples faces with it but the thing is while it zooms and reloads fast it cannot one shot anyone unless you hit them in the head, so if you hit someone in the body you have to swap to another weapon to finish them off, promoting weapon swapping instead of always using the same weapon. Alternatively make snipers deal more damage based on how far away they are so they are used more at longer ranges instead of pretty much all the time.

Im not super big on what they are trying to achieve here with three weapons per category, i like having plenty of options even if the stats arent that big of a difference, i feel both systems have pros and cons but well have to see which direction the devs decide to take things.

Im not a fan of the weapon and part upgrade we currently have, for parts and items it subtracts from what we already had, instead of forcing an upgrade system on them just let us change the stats on the item whenever we equip it. Leave the upgrade system for the weapons since thats something microvolts always had, feels wrong to completly remove it but a change is needed, the first level upgrades the weapon with all the stats it would normally get with 9 levels in the stat you choose while the remaining ones give small stats to the other levels. So lets say you want to upgrade your weapon in power, in surge you would get primarily power but also small changes to other stats, instead the first level could give you all the power you would get with all the levels and the remaining ones give minor stat boosts to everything besides power. Sorry if this is difficult to understand, its late just came back and i need rest and a hug.

Never bothered with elimination, felt like it didnt belong in microvolts.

Just one thing i want people to ahve a bit more consideration about, keep in mind people that play the game for its alternative game modes, melee only and zombie players make a fair chunk of the player base so keep them in mind when balancing things, because sure giving all melee attacks insta kills seems fair and would make more people try to go for melee kills it would kill the melee community.

• Like 3
On 2/25/2023 at 2:45 PM, glocktavius said:

"Amongst one of the best", but then you don’t use bazookas, or grenades as much? 

Anyways nerfing the sniper with movement is a great idea, I don't think many people have fun when someone is strafing, or wavesteps with it and randomly hits them for a one shot. Shouldn't also be accurate on jumpads either. While I already dislike how you can reload by just putting your weapon away, I think less ammo as well would be nice, since we see a lot of clips of just pure multi kill snipers. 

With elimination, I think it's already problematic because no games that I know of that are popular are just putting radar out in the middle which is gonna incline players to just wait or camp, but of course I wouldn't really know how to approach the camping situation unless we use a popular idea of just adding a closing zone instead. Also since the goal is to kill all other players, but you could camp the whole time, and tie, is just gonna be a bad game mode. There's little motivation to actually move, no bomb plants, no zones, no objectives. 

I do like the idea for grenades/bazookas to do chip damage, instead of hard hitting damage. It would make better corner checking, and less, oh wow I'm already low from two grenades. 

In conclusion, I agree with the sniper nerf, grenade/bazooka chiping / increasing radius, or maybe not increasing radius at all, elimination edits. I think we should strive to make elimination more serious for the future reference of the competitive aspect. 

While I don't think the post was timely, it's not "not helpful", though while I shouldn't of even commented because the ideas might be simply washed away, I decided to just wait til the end of this month for this "roadmap", before I start crying and moaning that it didn't get here. 

I agree with you that elimination is problematic and lacks objectives when it comes to ranked, which is why ranked should not include elimination as a gamemode. Ranked should include gamemodes like capture the battery and bomb battle, gamemodes that actually has objectives as goals.

On 2/25/2023 at 10:55 AM, isop said:

"Better late than never I guess."

I guess it will be better  If you don't waste your time on this empty and unhelpful post.

You just proved yourself to be a hypocrite by posting this.

20 minutes ago, samsmomishot said:

hiiii egirly here ^^

well said sam ^^

you go girl <3!!! ^^

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

can't wait for MV to come back ^^

love, yours only - kittengirl123 ^^

What the actual tap-dancing monkeywrench am i reading here.

HeavyWut.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 2/25/2023 at 6:35 AM, Sam said:

boy shut the fuck up with that bullshit :))))
i used to be really good at the game too, but that doesn't make me "one of the best" lmfao projecting much?

also 422k kills in total? is that more than the number of seconds spent outside your house touching grass or? 

also sniper is balanced, you're just too trash and you want everything to be like tarkov or sum shit

also you play toy heroes, opinion rejected

also you're a bitch

also

13 hours ago, Ori said:

boy shut the fuck up with that bullshit :))))
i used to be really good at the game too, but that doesn't make me "one of the best" lmfao projecting much?

also 422k kills in total? is that more than the number of seconds spent outside your house touching grass or? 

also sniper is balanced, you're just too trash and you want everything to be like tarkov or sum shit

also you play toy heroes, opinion rejected

also you're a bitch

also

Telling the amount of kills that I have and saying that I am good at the game is to show my experience within the game and for context of my post, I am sure I know more about the game than somehow who has not spent the amount of time that I have on MV/TH. If you say that sniper is balanced I am pretty sure you are the bitch if you are getting triggered by it and if you are not you can always elaborate on why/how it is balanced. :))

Edited by Sam
On 2/28/2023 at 11:34 PM, Sam said:

Telling the amount of kills that I have and saying that I am good at the game is to show my experience within the game and for context of my post, I am sure I know more about the game than somehow who has not spent the amount of time that I have on MV/TH. If you say that sniper is balanced I am pretty sure you are the bitch if you are getting triggered by it and if you are not you can always elaborate on why/how it is balanced. :))

I legit have over 2k hours in MV (+Surge and THO), even before having a Steam account that would count my hours. So yeah, I know what the fuck I'm talking about, you bitch. Oh and the sniper is balanced, you just gotta know how to use it and how to peek so you are not an easy target 🙂

On 3/8/2023 at 11:05 AM, Ori said:

I legit have over 2k hours in MV (+Surge and THO), even before having a Steam account that would count my hours. So yeah, I know what the fuck I'm talking about, you bitch. Oh and the sniper is balanced, you just gotta know how to use it and how to peek so you are not an easy target 🙂

I'd like to think this is a troll but I think you're serious... 2k hours is not a lot, for one. Also, snipers in the beta were undeniably broken, I had plenty of times in FFA's where the only thing stopping me from winning in a minute or two was my ammo count. I literally had to die to get more kills, 80/90% of sniper ammo directly correlated to a kill, it was far too easy and strong.

2 hours ago, Volt said:

I'd like to think this is a troll but I think you're serious... 2k hours is not a lot, for one. Also, snipers in the beta were undeniably broken, I had plenty of times in FFA's where the only thing stopping me from winning in a minute or two was my ammo count. I literally had to die to get more kills, 80/90% of sniper ammo directly correlated to a kill, it was far too easy and strong.

They're probably trolling yeah, tho tbf 2k hours is a pretty big amount of time for a game. That's 83 days which was more than I had in the game (not that I even played that much)

On 3/8/2023 at 5:05 PM, Ori said:

True. There a people that are good with sniper in every game. For example in CoD it's way harder than in MV, but still there are many people who can easily 1v1 u with sniper only, while you have normal weaps. It's not about balancing, it's about habit and skill. In MV, Sniper does the job it's supposed to do. Be thankful that no scopes don't cause the same dmg like in CoD, otherwise this would be a whole different story. So, in conclusion, sniper is balanced.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ryūga said:

True. There a people that are good with sniper in every game. For example in CoD it's way harder than in MV, but still there are many people who can easily 1v1 u with sniper only, while you have normal weaps. It's not about balancing, it's about habit and skill. In MV, Sniper does the job it's supposed to do. Be thankful that no scopes don't cause the same dmg like in CoD, otherwise this would be a whole different story. So, in conclusion, sniper is balanced.

It really isnt balanced and slapping a "its difficult to pull off" sticker on it doesnt make it any better. The problem with the sniper is that its effective at any range as opposed to its intended purpose, to hit people at long ranges. Making it so snipers take longer to zoom or force players to go for headshots or even have damage scale with distance so the farther away you are the more damage it will deal will cement the sniper for its intended purpose, as a long range weapon that you use to pick people off from far away as opposed to constantly using it at any range because yes quickscopping is fun but it also doesnt take too much to learn how to do alongside being unfair to fight unless youre doing the exact same thing or spamming, which is zero fun. Plus this would make people use rifles more at mid range where they exel as opposed to constantly going for the same weapon. This game is all about using every weapon in your arsenal let us try to promote that.

On 3/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, desafinado56 said:

It really isnt balanced and slapping a "its difficult to pull off" sticker on it doesnt make it any better. The problem with the sniper is that its effective at any range as opposed to its intended purpose, to hit people at long ranges. Making it so snipers take longer to zoom or force players to go for headshots or even have damage scale with distance so the farther away you are the more damage it will deal will cement the sniper for its intended purpose, as a long range weapon that you use to pick people off from far away as opposed to constantly using it at any range because yes quickscopping is fun but it also doesnt take too much to learn how to do alongside being unfair to fight unless youre doing the exact same thing or spamming, which is zero fun. Plus this would make people use rifles more at mid range where they exel as opposed to constantly going for the same weapon. This game is all about using every weapon in your arsenal let us try to promote that.

Yeah this is a very common phenomenon in game balancing, if you're familiar with Overwatch, it has plenty of examples. Tracer and Genji for example, are highly skilled heroes that require actual skill to get basically any amount of value, but if you are good, you can carry an entire game. The power level of a specific character, or in this case, a weapon needs to match the potential skill required to get maximum value. MGs (MicroGuns/Gatling Guns, whatever you call them) are easy to get value with, but most other weapons can out-damage them if you're good enough. Their value is consistent and easy, but capped. If you were to continue this ideology and apply it to snipers, they'd currently need LESS damage, longer reload times, and less zoom speed. Also, if possible, they need more damage fall-off. Currently they're the only weapon that can deal consistent damage at ridiculous ranges, though it wouldn't affect the weapon in most situations, it would definitely make it more fair when it applies.

There should be an incentive to aiming at the head, and in this most recent beta, I don't recall there being basically any, because an "upgraded" sniper one-shot to the chest, and still had very good stats (that weren't chosen to be upgraded). This balancing philosophy, along with a couple other guidelines would lead to nearly a perfectly balanced game, it's a bit more complex than just tweaking a couple numbers, although that would change quite a bit, we should be striving for perfection in the long run.

5 hours ago, Volt said:

Yeah this is a very common phenomenon in game balancing, if you're familiar with Overwatch, it has plenty of examples. Tracer and Genji for example, are highly skilled heroes that require actual skill to get basically any amount of value, but if you are good, you can carry an entire game. The power level of a specific character, or in this case, a weapon needs to match the potential skill required to get maximum value. MGs (MicroGuns/Gatling Guns, whatever you call them) are easy to get value with, but most other weapons can out-damage them if you're good enough. Their value is consistent and easy, but capped. If you were to continue this ideology and apply it to snipers, they'd currently need LESS damage, longer reload times, and less zoom speed. Also, if possible, they need more damage fall-off. Currently they're the only weapon that can deal consistent damage at ridiculous ranges, though it wouldn't affect the weapon in most situations, it would definitely make it more fair when it applies.

There should be an incentive to aiming at the head, and in this most recent beta, I don't recall there being basically any, because an "upgraded" sniper one-shot to the chest, and still had very good stats (that weren't chosen to be upgraded). This balancing philosophy, along with a couple other guidelines would lead to nearly a perfectly balanced game, it's a bit more complex than just tweaking a couple numbers, although that would change quite a bit, we should be striving for perfection in the long run.

Exactly thats why i say that it wouldnt be that bad of an idea to have snipers behaving in diferent ways depending on what people want, this way balancing wouldnt be as much of a problem since its no longer a one size fits all. For example on one extreme you have a sniper for people that treat it like its name implies, they sit back and let out a shot or two every so often, so higher damage, lower reload and lower zoom speed would fit this weapon well alongside maybe not being able to move so well and being able to kill someone with a single shot to the whole torse and head and i believe this could work quite well. On the other side you could have the opposite, something for quickscopping so people who love doing this still have something that satisfies them without being broken as it is, lower power, not too high reload as to not spam and quick zoom speed and the inability to kill someone if you hit them on the lower torso means this would take real skill to consistantly kill someone with a single shot and if you cant you just pull out another weapon to finish off your oponen giving people an extra combo they could use. COuple that with some of the other ideas of reducing ammo reverse damage fall off for the first sniper type i said and this weapon would feel a lot more balanced alongside promoting the usage of other weapons.