General Discussion

Consider what hippo rock did.

Buppet

The success of the original microvolts in the western region comes directly to the credit of hippo rock as they made the game as western as possible, anime/asian themed skins are not well regarded by the western community, there are few good asian themed skins made by MicroVolts Japan.

3 hours ago, Buppet said:

anime/asian themed skins are not well regarded by the western community

It's funny to say that when a lot(probably the majority) of the community wanted unreleased items they saw on toywars/game files 😛
For example, my fav melee:
 image.png.7e8184ab2aa943530756c81ee761f074.png

Other versions didn't have more anime/asian themed items because NQ Games didn't have the rights to relase most of them outside specific versions, due to contractual terms, unfortunately. For me, it makes no sense to judge the success of MV based on culture thematics... Just don't spin the capsule on items you don't like..?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'd actually disagree quite a bit here. I'd be willing to bet that the majority of people actually enjoy the Asian themes in many of the cosmetics. As someone from the US, many people absolutely admire Asian culture and find it to be very interesting, especially people who play video games.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Such a weird take. This is not true at all, and Rock Hippo barely had any say in the game content. Naomi and Kai are literally anime characters, you want them gone then? The whole reason there are so many great sets is thanks to anime.  I think staying true to the game theme is what will make the game great, not limiting the content inspired by Japanese anime lol. 

• Like 1