PD's Notes

[PD's Note] State of Closed beta 2.0

Leo

Hi, Microvolts fans!

Beta keys have been sent out to the 2nd phase testers yesterday. 
We are very much looking forward to seeing you have some fun again. In the meantime, let's take a quick look at some of the additions you can expect to see in-game.

Additional Channels for different regions

There will be a Main channel and sub-channels. We are expecting to see the Europe channel will be the most populated according to the traffic analytics of the website, Steam page, and Steam Wishlists, therefore it will be the Main channel. And the sub channels’ locations will be decided by the number of players but they could be added or deleted over time. (Players can freely select the channels to play and data will be shared across the channels.) 

What’s the difference between the Main and Sub channels - They are basically the same but some of the future events and new content will be held on the Main only, such as League matches. However, it seems possible to consider upgrading the sub-channels to the main if there are enough players for their own league games and such. For the official release, sub-channels are going to be located in the regions that can cover North America, South East Asia, East Asia, South America, and the Middle East.

Mouse Sensitivity and Acceleration Settings for Rifle/Sniper

You can now adjust the mouse sensitivity and Acceleration for Rifle and Sniper on the in-game settings. 

Enabled typing in different languages on in-game chat

You will be able to chat in different languages(German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Türkçe) for better communication.

No more annoying chat censors 

A lot of players have complained about the inconvenience while chatting in the game because of the censored words. Hence, we completely removed the chat filters from the game. However, this doesn’t mean you can offend others freely through the chat. Any personal offense, harassing, or insulting toward other players is NOT allowed. 

Reworked stats balance

Ryan had a hard time since balancing is one of the most important key objectives of beta testing. And also, it is almost impossible to satisfy everyone because we all have different experiences and tastes. Although we’ve tried in our own way, some will still dislike the changes and some might like them. But I think it's fine, as long as there are ways we can improve.  Check out the patch notes if you are interested in the details of the changes.

Other changes & Fixes

There are some other changes and fixes such as;

- Additional window mode resolutions

- Sniper Scope zoom level

- Removed MP from the playing rewards

- Changed rewards of daily missions and level-up 

- Changed the amount of required EXP for levels

Most of the changes were made based on the feedback we got during the previous beta.
We will be highly appreciated it if you test them out and tell us what you think about the changes.

I will be replying on the forums if possible, and if needed! 

Thanks in advance for your time and I hope you enjoy it.
Leo

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Everything looks great, the MP being removed from play rewards is a very interesting decision though. Hopefully there's still a reason to grind and play the game a lot instead of just daily rewards/challenges alone.

Hey Leo, when I signed up for the second testing phase I was told that I have already been allowed to participate in the first phase, meaning I have access to this one as well. Now the issue is that I have not been aware that I had access in the first phase and now I have no key and no idea how to download the game. Could you help me a bit by letting me know what I am supposed to do to get the game and try it out?

• Like 1

Nice to see the plans for additional servers in other regions. I feel like the ridiculous number of versions this game had really held back the growth of MicroVolts, so let's hope people make proper use of the servers you'll add. Not entirely sure if removing chat filter is a good thing but I guess we'll find out soon.

Curious to see what you've done to the balancing!

• Like 1

You could try to fix the EU server because I always get removed for absolutely no reason and it says about connections , although my connection is great...

The balancing is fine, in the other hand...

• 3 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 3:43 AM, Leo said:

Hi, Microvolts fans!

Beta keys have been sent out to the 2nd phase testers yesterday. 
We are very much looking forward to seeing you have some fun again. In the meantime, let's take a quick look at some of the additions you can expect to see in-game.

Additional Channels for different regions

There will be a Main channel and sub-channels. We are expecting to see the Europe channel will be the most populated according to the traffic analytics of the website, Steam page, and Steam Wishlists, therefore it will be the Main channel. And the sub channels’ locations will be decided by the number of players but they could be added or deleted over time. (Players can freely select the channels to play and data will be shared across the channels.) 

What’s the difference between the Main and Sub channels - They are basically the same but some of the future events and new content will be held on the Main only, such as League matches. However, it seems possible to consider upgrading the sub-channels to the main if there are enough players for their own league games and such. For the official release, sub-channels are going to be located in the regions that can cover North America, South East Asia, East Asia, South America, and the Middle East.

Mouse Sensitivity and Acceleration Settings for Rifle/Sniper

You can now adjust the mouse sensitivity and Acceleration for Rifle and Sniper on the in-game settings. 

Enabled typing in different languages on in-game chat

You will be able to chat in different languages(German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Türkçe) for better communication.

No more annoying chat censors 

A lot of players have complained about the inconvenience while chatting in the game because of the censored words. Hence, we completely removed the chat filters from the game. However, this doesn’t mean you can offend others freely through the chat. Any personal offense, harassing, or insulting toward other players is NOT allowed. 

Reworked stats balance

Ryan had a hard time since balancing is one of the most important key objectives of beta testing. And also, it is almost impossible to satisfy everyone because we all have different experiences and tastes. Although we’ve tried in our own way, some will still dislike the changes and some might like them. But I think it's fine, as long as there are ways we can improve.  Check out the patch notes if you are interested in the details of the changes.

Other changes & Fixes

There are some other changes and fixes such as;

- Additional window mode resolutions

- Sniper Scope zoom level

- Removed MP from the playing rewards

- Changed rewards of daily missions and level-up 

- Changed the amount of required EXP for levels

Most of the changes were made based on the feedback we got during the previous beta.
We will be highly appreciated it if you test them out and tell us what you think about the changes.

I will be replying on the forums if possible, and if needed! 

Thanks in advance for your time and I hope you enjoy it.
Leo

How can I download the game I can't

The game was in the second beta stage when this coment was posted, that is in nov 2022. The game is not ready yet, they have yet to update us on the status of the game and probably launch another beta before the official release. So, to sum it up, there's no game yet, we are still waiting for it.