General Discussion

How do you get better at this game?

Posted (edited)

Well, is very important to rly learn the basics rly well, and also to watch good players, there are tons of videos ever since microvolts surge and toy heroes, look at the curent youtubers and also search for old microvolts players like abood and watch. By watching good players you slowly and idea of what weapons to use in some scenarios, how to use them and also how to proceed in different scenarios.

But first you shold learn the basics rly good:

1. Swapping: you start by doing swap by standing still so your fingers can get used to the motion and timing.

2.Swapping by moving: after swap you should learn how swap feels when you move thus adding other keys you have to press at the same time

3:Swapping while jumping: remember this stems you can do without having a certain direction smth like that, you can just move and jump in very different directions till your hand is ready to actually do it under the stress of being hit, hitting and dodging.

So far I would adive you do it in the trainigh center so you don't try it with players.

4. Do all of this in matches with real players so you can further develop your aim, dodging abilities and movement

Try doing this and also you can contact me in game when I am online and I can help you with the basics.

Edited by Sorel

My KD is very bad too but dont care..i try to enjoy the game.  Back in 2012 i was at my best with my sniping skills being top ...but now my fingers geradio_34.png.e5fe00061cefd3ef4739ebad3dcf1598.pngtting old..lol.

Learning the right situations to use each weapon is key, and how to combo them with each other. My favorite has always been bazooka + snipe to put enemies in a predictable/unavoidable trajectory. This game is very aim intensive, so working on finding a perfect sensitivity for you is great if you aren't confident with your aim yet. Most, if not all maps have tricks and strategies that you'll learn and pick up on, and finding your favorite mode and perfecting your playstyle in it is important as well. I personally put probably half my total playtime into Free For All, I love the chaos and the huge clip potential. This game isn't easy, nor casual. It takes time, but I'd honestly love to play how I used to back in 2012 or something just once, to feel new to this game and learn it once again would be awesome, it's all apart of the process.

Honestly, no joke, if you are completely new, I would highly recommend doing the 3 daily single waves, trying to only use rifle, shotgun and sniper, and Survive the entirety of it if possible. This will help you get familiar with the weapons you're using, as well as getting a bit used to your controls and the game movement and third person FoV.

I'd also highly recommend to go on Youtube and check any "Wavestepping" Or "Swapping" Tutorial, since it's the most important core game mechanic, which is also never showed in the tutorial, or introduced anywhere. It was basically a bug that became a skill based mechanic due to the playerbases enjoyment from it.

Third, I'd recommend playing zombie mode to learn and understand the maps. Unless you have very good aim despite being new. One of the largest downsides of playing modes like Capture the Battery, Team Death Match and Elimination this late into the game's lifespan. Is that all the players are insanely good, know every little lineup and movement jump spot you can reach and be at.

Hence why I would recommend playing zombie mode, both for map understandment, and getting used to the controls and FoV through tracking and shooting real players, while still avoiding them which you get to do as a Doll. When you're a zombie, you also get to learn to be sneaky and lurk around the map to catch people offguard, which gives you more map knowledge, as well as understanding of where people can see you from, but also hear. This should set anyone up for a better understandment of the game. However, if you think those are boring, just play whatever u think is fun. And if really good players join ur lobby and start killing everyone, just kick them, even if they are legit or not. Don't let others ruin ur fun

TL;DR

Zombie mode + Single wave for In game control's, weapon understandment, and getting used to third person FoV.

Youtube Wavestepping / Swapping Tutorials

Kick players who are too good, preventing you from playing the game and ending up in u being dead more than u get to play.

Just have fun, if people are annoying, just block them and keep at it. The game gets fun once u get better at it, but the community is extremely toxic, and annoying. Bunch of weirdos on top of it.

• Like 2
On 5/16/2024 at 6:12 PM, 鱼 腥 汤 said:

Honestly, no joke, if you are completely new, I would highly recommend doing the 3 daily single waves, trying to only use rifle, shotgun and sniper, and Survive the entirety of it if possible. This will help you get familiar with the weapons you're using, as well as getting a bit used to your controls and the game movement and third person FoV.

I'd also highly recommend to go on Youtube and check any "Wavestepping" Or "Swapping" Tutorial, since it's the most important core game mechanic, which is also never showed in the tutorial, or introduced anywhere. It was basically a bug that became a skill based mechanic due to the playerbases enjoyment from it.

Third, I'd recommend playing zombie mode to learn and understand the maps. Unless you have very good aim despite being new. One of the largest downsides of playing modes like Capture the Battery, Team Death Match and Elimination this late into the game's lifespan. Is that all the players are insanely good, know every little lineup and movement jump spot you can reach and be at.

Hence why I would recommend playing zombie mode, both for map understandment, and getting used to the controls and FoV through tracking and shooting real players, while still avoiding them which you get to do as a Doll. When you're a zombie, you also get to learn to be sneaky and lurk around the map to catch people offguard, which gives you more map knowledge, as well as understanding of where people can see you from, but also hear. This should set anyone up for a better understandment of the game. However, if you think those are boring, just play whatever u think is fun. And if really good players join ur lobby and start killing everyone, just kick them, even if they are legit or not. Don't let others ruin ur fun

TL;DR

Zombie mode + Single wave for In game control's, weapon understandment, and getting used to third person FoV.

Youtube Wavestepping / Swapping Tutorials

Kick players who are too good, preventing you from playing the game and ending up in u being dead more than u get to play.

Just have fun, if people are annoying, just block them and keep at it. The game gets fun once u get better at it, but the community is extremely toxic, and annoying. Bunch of weirdos on top of it.

I can't agree more on the kick players that are too good part, I have even recomanded before game released that they create an option to put kda/lvl limit in lobbies because it would be bad if good players farm bad players. And guess what happens, literlally almost all the playerds with very good kda just enter begginer lobbies farm for their precious kda, and they gang on worse players. If you enter a match against a good player and another good players joins, you can expect them to be on the enemy team, they never join one against each other, they always prefere to farm other players, if you look at the team balance in most tdm matches it's always well known players with hig lvl and good kda in one team and the other team's players sometimes is a few lvl 10 players maybe 2 players who play ok but are not as good and not seen on the game too much or players with bad kda, I swear to god, that's the biggest problem in this game and farming should be bannable XD. If you want a god kda make it against players of your own skill not against begginers and players who don't usually play all weapon gamemodes.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2024 at 4:12 PM, 鱼 腥 汤 said:

On 5/19/2024 at 6:14 PM, Sorel said:

I can't agree more on the kick players that are too good part, I have even recomanded before game released that they create an option to put kda/lvl limit in lobbies because it would be bad if good players farm bad players.

Good idea and all but, with an average playerbase of just under 70 people, chances of a new player filling his room lobby with people similar to his skill are slim at best. 

Keep in mind the fact that there are usually 1-3 rooms at any given time, 1 of them being melee only 1 of them being zombie mode, and (taking this on the melee community aspect) I would certainly not wish to be kicked just because a new player is playing in the only room available. 

If playerbase increases, what I said above becomes moot. 

Edited by Anoe
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 3:53 AM, Anoe said:

Good idea and all but, with an average playerbase of just under 70 people, chances of a new player filling his room lobby with people similar to his skill are slim at best. 

Keep in mind the fact that there are usually 1-3 rooms at any given time, 1 of them being melee only 1 of them being zombie mode, and (taking this on the melee community aspect) I would certainly not wish to be kicked just because a new player is playing in the only room available. 

If playerbase increases, what I said above becomes moot. 

Sure, however the fact still remains that I've seen entire lobbies with new players, filled to the brim, but then ruined later by some better players. The intent is unknown to me since there were other rooms with better players in them, but they chose to play in the lobby filled with new players. These are the type of players I'm talking about.

On 6/7/2024 at 10:20 PM, 鱼 腥 汤 said:

Sure, however the fact still remains that I've seen entire lobbies with new players, filled to the brim, but then ruined later by some better players. The intent is unknown to me since there were other rooms with better players in them, but they chose to play in the lobby filled with new players. These are the type of players I'm talking about.

i mean u just explained it yourself without knowing. people that are *decent* not *good* will prefer to play with the new players and overpower them rather than get pooped on by the pros. For example. both me and my brother played this game back in 2013 or 14 dont remember. and we were both pretty fucking good. few of the good actually that could swap correctly and quick scope. i followed the game because i liked the mechanics and played toy heroes ect ect. while my brother disagreed with the idea and only replayed it when This version launched.

Now if i ever play (which i rarely do because the game is at a terrible state once again)
i will join a high ranked lobby and join the weaker side because thats just who i am. and i'll probably still get shit on.

while my brother would only join low level players and shit on them to feel better since he cant compete at all with the top 500