General Discussion

any potential release dates ?

papriaki

Yo ! I used to be a HUGE fan of this game back in the 2010s. I recently rediscovered it and learned that there will be a new release of the game. do we have any potential release dates yet? this is very exciting ! I can't wait to play this game again

• Like 1

Unfortunately we don't have any confirmed release dates!

However! Leo, the director of MicroVolts' current team has at least given us a deadline.ย 

Quote: "In order to launch Microvolts on Steam platform in the second half of 2022, our team is working very hard to achieve this deadline."

However, please do not take this deadline to heart, as things can always change!ย 

• Like 2

They havent given us any other updates which is making me alongside others believe many others feel like they havent changed at all and that the next announcement will be yet another postpone for the next year.

• Like 1
On 7/6/2022 at 1:17 PM, desafinado56 said:

They havent given us any other updates which is making me alongside others believe many others feel like they havent changed at all and that the next announcement will be yet another postpone for the next year.

if that will ever happen... i wont even try to play this game no more... i feel like i'm the stupid oneย  toย  keep waiting after all of those promises made... one time? ok thats fine i'm still optimistic... two times? ok i'm starting to lose a little hope... THREE TIMES? SAME SHIT??? no, thats where i draw the line...ย  do they really think that they can put a deadline and still not keeping those deadlines? just a ''sorry'' is not enough... i wont support a company that treats their players like we dont deserve some info, treated like you are not worth their time?... what are we even doing in this forum... there is NOTHING to discuss about, discuss about their bad way to communicate?? oh boy i can keep going on how this is ridicolous...

almost half a year passed and still nothing new to discuss to talk, to give feedback...ย 

just saying what my mind is right now, if people is still hopeful about this game, good for you for keeping this mentality towards masangsoft, but me? ahaha nah... i started by saying that i would spend money on the game, but right now, i wont spend a single dollar towards the game.. i do not support a company that does not have a good communication with the community, because after the release something bad happens, our word will not matter at all... like we are right now, i feel like i'm talking to the void...

i even made a long ass post on how this game could make it out alive on the market of the industry... but still it feels like i'm talking to a wall...

there is no way that they will postpone another time.. if that ever happens, then Leo should not be the head of this project at all... because right now my opinion towards his way of doing, is horrible... and i'm studying to join the gaming industry... i hate when there is 0 communication... i hate it so much... and i hate his way of doing ''behind the scenes'' excuse... ahahha what a joke Leo, no seriously... what a fucking joke...

lost my interest of spending money on this game...

there are games that are worth my time... at this point im here just to see what they will do with the game, and then dip the fuck out of this game...

they made mistakes, too many mistakes to the point that i wont be a player no more for this game...

Edited by Onybaku
  • Like 2
On 7/13/2022 at 12:17 AM, Onybaku said:

if that will ever happen... i wont even try to play this game no more... i feel like i'm the stupid oneย  toย  keep waiting after all of those promises made... one time? ok thats fine i'm still optimistic... two times? ok i'm starting to lose a little hope... THREE TIMES? SAME SHIT??? no, thats where i draw the line...ย  do they really think that they can put a deadline and still not keeping those deadlines? just a ''sorry'' is not enough... i wont support a company that treats their players like we dont deserve some info, treated like you are not worth their time?... what are we even doing in this forum... there is NOTHING to discuss about, discuss about their bad way to communicate?? oh boy i can keep going on how this is ridicolous...

almost half a year passed and still nothing new to discuss to talk, to give feedback...ย 

just saying what my mind is right now, if people is still hopeful about this game, good for you for keeping this mentality towards masangsoft, but me? ahaha nah... i started by saying that i would spend money on the game, but right now, i wont spend a single dollar towards the game.. i do not support a company that does not have a good communication with the community, because after the release something bad happens, our word will not matter at all... like we are right now, i feel like i'm talking to the void...

i even made a long ass post on how this game could make it out alive on the market of the industry... but still it feels like i'm talking to a wall...

there is no way that they will postpone another time.. if that ever happens, then Leo should not be the head of this project at all... because right now my opinion towards his way of doing, is horrible... and i'm studying to join the gaming industry... i hate when there is 0 communication... i hate it so much... and i hate his way of doing ''behind the scenes'' excuse... ahahha what a joke Leo, no seriously... what a fucking joke...

there are games that are worth my time... at this point im here just to see what they will do with the game, and then dip the fuck out of this game...

they made mistakes, too many mistakes to the point that i wont be a player no more for this game...

I agree with you but damn you made it impossible not to cringe while reading this, you wrote this like its some villain monolog straight from some bad kid's anime. Also reading this felt like its the definition of writing little with many words so you'd reach a certain word count.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:17 PM, Onybaku said:

Tbh they got a guy (Leo) to interact with the community which is pretty huge considering they were completely absent ever since they bought the rights to the game.

I doubt they would've done that if they didnt intend on releasing it. At first I thought they bought mv in order to flip it to some other company for a quick buck but it seems they intend on working on it.

I don't think the game will be up and running by the end of the year though, maybe 2023 if we're lucky. Microvolts is clearly not their priority.

12 hours ago, GORILLADICKNIGGER said:

Tbh they got a guy (Leo) to interact with the community which is pretty huge considering they were completely absent ever since they bought the rights to the game.

I doubt they would've done that if they didnt intend on releasing it. At first I thought they bought mv in order to flip it to some other company for a quick buck but it seems they intend on working on it.

I don't think the game will be up and running by the end of the year though, maybe 2023 if we're lucky. Microvolts is clearly not their priority.

But people need to understand that giving false hopes is not good for their reputation in the future updates and such... because if they keep lying about a release date just to make us ''happy'' its just a mean way to do things...

If they keep this way of doing, first, i won't believe everything they have planned or promise in the future, and two, i wont even think our feedback will ever give a crap to them, looking the situation, everyone here is upset about the communication issues, if they really care about our opinion they would have at least replied to a post, thats the bare minimum to do in this situation

people are even giving up, like myself... i won't support the game via money no more, because i dont feel this company trustworthy... i started being optimistic about this game, but now, im the complete opposite

On 7/15/2022 at 4:19 AM, roei090 said:

I agree with you but damn you made it impossible not to cringe while reading this, you wrote this like its some villain monolog straight from some bad kid's anime. Also reading this felt like its the definition of writing little with many words so you'd reach a certain word count.

so me by writing my frustations about the game, and their choices is cringe? the way i said it it might be, but still my opinion wont change about it... still, cringe or not... the one cringe about all of this situation is masangsoft...

ย 

Edited by Onybaku
On 7/15/2022 at 4:19 AM, roei090 said:

adding another reply because it seems i cant edit no more, after 5 minutes of posting it...

i think u already know, but when u are frustrated, and mad to someone, i dont think that u would just keep the composure and keep it together and say 2 words... that day i lost it with all of this situation, and posted that reply, saying all what came to my mind and posted it...

because, seriously, how the fuck is possible to keep postponing a release date of aย  game that already has been released? i know that there is a lot behind the scenes, but still the only possible excuse is that they would change the whole game, but i doubt it, becuase the only thing Leo said is about balancing weapons, and not a drastic change on the playstyle or graphic big change... just about balance... so, i think the game will be the same, with some minor changes...

ย 

Edited by Onybaku

Unsure if you know but... you can see when Leo was last active. If you hover over his profile it says he last visited Wednesday at 7AM - I'm sure he's actively checking, but there's a lot to deal with.

10 hours ago, butternbread said:

Unsure if you know but... you can see when Leo was last active. If you hover over his profile it says he last visited Wednesday at 7AM - I'm sure he's actively checking, but there's a lot to deal with.

Indeed but a bit of communication would be pretty nice, doesnt matter what it is, could be a love poem deidcated to naomis thighs to what shirt colour hes wearing.

On 7/17/2022 at 12:16 PM, Onybaku said:

But people need to understand that giving false hopes is not good for their reputation in the future updates and such... because if they keep lying about a release date just to make us ''happy'' its just a mean way to do things...

If they keep this way of doing, first, i won't believe everything they have planned or promise in the future, and two, i wont even think our feedback will ever give a crap to them, looking the situation, everyone here is upset about the communication issues, if they really care about our opinion they would have at least replied to a post, thats the bare minimum to do in this situation

people are even giving up, like myself... i won't support the game via money no more, because i dont feel this company trustworthy... i started being optimistic about this game, but now, im the complete opposite

Its not like they're lying about it. I think that's phrased wrong.

Usually companies try to set a deadline esp after so many years of work, however that might change due to demand or priority of maybe other games in the company. There's no saying in how masang soft operates, if they're multiple teams working or just one team getting put on a task one each at a time. If the lone soul team is the case, then I'm afraid that the microvolts team consist of a small amount of people with the absurd speed that we're seeing.ย 

Sure it gives them a bad reputation for not being able to reach deadlines, but there's a difference between making / reoptimizing a game and adding a content update. One of them takes a lot more time to do.ย 

Also about the feedback - Clearly they've taken some into account from the game before it reached EOS. They're solving the P2W issues. Who knows they might take multiple things into account that aren't mentioned - and this might be things that we won't see until the CLOSED BETA is released (which they talked about).

But hey all in all, lets just chill, see what happends - if the game isn't revived that's a bummer, if it is welp let's just appreciate having a game to play, even if it ISN'T; amazing, over the top, 100% F2P or has worldwide servers, Anti-hack etc.ย 

I get that you're frustrated with the communication it isn't hard to spend your money somewhere else where you think it belongs. If you're gonna keep up the negative attitude and lurk in the forum, just leave it alone, that way you might be in a better mood - and not think about it! which is what you should! ( the not thinking about the topic ofc. (x )

ย 

Edited by Chuuwie
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Chuuwie said:

Usually companies try to set a deadline esp after so many years of work, however that might change due to demand or priority of maybe other games in the company. There's no saying in how masang soft operates, if they're multiple teams working or just one team getting put on a task one each at a time. If the lone soul team is the case, then I'm afraid that the microvolts team consist of a small amount of people with the absurd speed that we're seeing.ย 

Sure it gives them a bad reputation for not being able to reach deadlines, but there's a difference between making / reoptimizing a game and adding a content update. One of them takes a lot more time to do.ย 

Also about the feedback - Clearly they've taken some into account from the game before it reached EOS. They're solving the P2W issues. Who knows they might take multiple things into account that aren't mentioned - and this might be things that we won't see until the CLOSED BETA is released (which they talked about).

But hey all in all, lets just chill, see what happends - if the game isn't revived that's a bummer, if it is welp let's just appreciate having a game to play, even if it ISN'T; amazing, over the top, 100% F2P or has worldwide servers, Anti-hack etc.ย 

I get that you're frustrated with the communication it isn't hard to spend your money somewhere else where you think it belongs. If you're gonna keep up the negative attitude and lurk in the forum, just leave it alone, that way you might be in a better mood - and not think about it! which is what you should! ( the not thinking about the topic ofc. (x )

ย 

Yeah, they are not lying, thats ok, because i dont think that they wanted to delay the release date, but even so, their reputation for this situation definetely got hit by the postpones...

and by that, my opinion changed towards masangsoft... i'm just stating my opinion on all of this situation, just because i'm saying something thats does not go towards masangsoft favor, does not mean that its a negative attitude... that's just my opinion, and what i think... everyone can say otherwise, not everyone shares the same opinions...

its just that after 5 years of waiting, i think i had enough patience of waiting...

its been so long, and we got so little info about the situation, thats the thing that i'm mad about... thats it.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Onybaku
2 hours ago, Chuuwie said:

ย 

(sorry for another reply, i cant edit no more)

i wont keep saying this kind of stuff until the end of the year, i'll wait the deadline, until then i'll wait without saying anything about this topic just because of people here that still got some hopes, and i think its hypocrite of me by keep saying these stuff... so i will shut up and see...

Lets wait...

On 7/17/2022 at 1:39 PM, Onybaku said:

adding another reply because it seems i cant edit no more, after 5 minutes of posting it...

i think u already know, but when u are frustrated, and mad to someone, i dont think that u would just keep the composure and keep it together and say 2 words... that day i lost it with all of this situation, and posted that reply, saying all what came to my mind and posted it...

because, seriously, how the fuck is possible to keep postponing a release date of aย  game that already has been released? i know that there is a lot behind the scenes, but still the only possible excuse is that they would change the whole game, but i doubt it, becuase the only thing Leo said is about balancing weapons, and not a drastic change on the playstyle or graphic big change... just about balance... so, i think the game will be the same, with some minor changes...

ย 

Oh I completely agree with everything you said just saying it was phrased a little bit cringy

• 7 months later...

They wont be able to fix this game,

You know why?

Too much bugs, glitches, exploits, etc etc,

You wanna know why i know?

Cause i was on their develop team on the original game from 2011..

Good luck trying anyway, looking forward to see what they made from it.ย ๐Ÿ™ƒ

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, BlazinGhost said:

You know why?

Where you really on the developer team?

Sorry if this is an out of nowhere question but mind if i ask if you have some code of the game?

2 hours ago, BlazinGhost said:

You know why?

Prove it then, surely you've got some evidence, I mean it was your job and all. Also, a dev would know that this game is very much fixable, and wouldn't just be whining.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, BlazinGhost said:

You know why?

It is only half true i guess, although i have 0 knowledge of game programing and stuff like that but toy heroes did a pretty good job fixing most of the bugs and glitches, and they are a small team that was looking to profit from it as much as possible.

16 hours ago, Sorel said:

It is only half true i guess, although i have 0 knowledge of game programing and stuff like that but toy heroes did a pretty good job fixing most of the bugs and glitches, and they are a small team that was looking to profit from it as much as possible.

Exactly, plus plenty of the bugs the game has are map related ones which arent as bad to fix. As for the more technicall ones i cant really think of that many, maybe the occasional hiccup on hit reg or zombies not getting their higher jump height, that last one feltl ike it happened all the time.

23 hours ago, desafinado56 said:

Exactly, plus plenty of the bugs the game has are map related ones which arent as bad to fix. As for the more technicall ones i cant really think of that many, maybe the occasional hiccup on hit reg or zombies not getting their higher jump height, that last one feltl ike it happened all the time.

People always complained about map bugs and whatnot, but the majority of them are very easy to fix like you said. The more complex map glitches and whatnot are fairly uncommon to see and they really just should punish people who use those with bans and make it clear that it's against the rules, like getting inside a prop/wall, things like that. On that note, they should fix/add the in-game report system too, it'd be much easier to identify cheaters that way.