General Discussion

DeadLine --> Read it Leo

OldSwp

when this forum was launched and PD Leo made the first official post, he quoted a sentence that I will repeat at this moment:
"In order to launch Microvolts on Steam platform in the second half of 2022, our team is working very hard to achieve this deadline."

The deadline is getting closer and we still don't have any information....
I don't understand what's the purpose

• Like 1

We need to face the fact that we are all coping, and our childhood game is not coming back. It was borderline dead to begin with, and they struck the death knell by buying it and going silent for years. Even if they finally release it on steam, I am afraid it will not be the same game. Microvolts as we knew and loved it was an objectively bad game, and the only people that still care about it do so because we randomly played it as kids and now feel nostalgic. It can not compete for younger audiences, it can not compete for mature audiences. It can not even compete with TF2 in it's current state. I'm afraid what we have now is as good as it's going to get.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, TrolliakosAO said:

We need to face the fact that we are all coping, and our childhood game is not coming back. It was borderline dead to begin with, and they struck the death knell by buying it and going silent for years. Even if they finally release it on steam, I am afraid it will not be the same game. Microvolts as we knew and loved it was an objectively bad game, and the only people that still care about it do so because we randomly played it as kids and now feel nostalgic. It can not compete for younger audiences, it can not compete for mature audiences. It can not even compete with TF2 in it's current state. I'm afraid what we have now is as good as it's going to get.

dergrtgb465.jpg

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Ducks_are_Epic said:

"In the second half" means July-December

EXACTLY, GOSH-GOLLY-DIDDLY-DANG! 

• Like 1

I'd just like any amount of communication just to know that the project wasn't abandoned or something. Leo came onto these forums and caused so much hyped, and then disappeared.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Micro said:

I'd just like any amount of communication just to know that the project wasn't abandoned or something. Leo came onto these forums and caused so much hyped, and then disappeared.

Exact

On 6/4/2022 at 8:56 PM, Ducks_are_Epic said:

"In the second half" means July-December

Yeah thats true, but the fact that we didnt even got the beta  is concerning, especially in a game like MicroVolts, people need to understand that testing a new game and an old game like MicroVolts is a whole different thing...

I dont know if u thought about this, but we have to test HUNDREDS, IF NOT THOUSANDS of weapons already released.. people need to understand that  to be known as a PAY 2 WIN game on a west country market especially in Europe and  America is going to be a turn off for people... The only Pay 2 win games that still are going are the ones running in Korea or China

In other parts of  the World thats not the case, the first thing that people see about a game is if its free to play friendly or not... look at Diablo immortal for example, i can literally write on google just ''Diablo immortal'' and i would bet my own life that the first thing that comes in the front page is ''pay 2 win'' or how much u need to spend to get to ''x'' level of a character... Yes thats it, i dont know nothing about the game, i dont follow the Diablo series, the only thing i saw or heard is that its pay 2 win... THATS WHAT PEOPLE IS LOOKING FIRST IN A GAME...

So in conclusion testing a new game or an old game is different... so the fact that we still dont know the dates of the beta is super concerning... not even a single heads up on the situation since february.... FEBRUARY!

i would rather test the game calmly instead of having a deadline right around the corner with testing so many weapons... i dont know about you, but i was being optimistic at the beginning but right now, i'm starting to get pissed...

Edited by Onybaku
13 minutes ago, Onybaku said:

In other parts of  the World thats not the case, the first thing that people see about a game is if its free to play friendly or not... look at Diablo immortal for example, i can literally write on google just ''Diablo immortal'' and i would bet my own life that the first thing that comes in the front page is ''pay 2 win'' or how much u need to spend to get to ''x'' level of a character... Yes thats it, i dont know nothing about the game, i dont follow the Diablo series, the only thing i saw or heard is that its pay 2 win... THATS WHAT PEOPLE IS LOOKING FIRST IN A GAME...

the game got released 4 days ago btw... and almost every article is saying how much real money u need to spend to get max character level or something... i dont think u need translation...

immagine_2022-06-06_193755030.png

On 6/4/2022 at 2:53 AM, OldSwp said:

when this forum was launched and PD Leo made the first official post, he quoted a sentence that I will repeat at this moment:
"In order to launch Microvolts on Steam platform in the second half of 2022, our team is working very hard to achieve this deadline."

The deadline is getting closer and we still don't have any information....
I don't understand what's the purpose

Isso mesmo Gonçalo. Já está a acabar o prazo e nada. Abraço MinePoint